First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Whitesboro, NY

#1 Feb 4, 2014
I am a member of the YMCA in rome. It is a great benefit to the residents of the rome and it's surrounding area. Utica once had a Y but mismanagement and a faulty staff cause the utica Y to ultimately close down and sell its assets. The folks who use the rome Y have much to choose from as far as physical fitness is concerned. My only concern is that some of the members who use the Y have forgotten the motto of the Y or maybe never learned that the YMCA actually stands for the young men's Christian association. When I attend the Y to use its facility I hear many young men using very offensive language and every other word is a form of profanity. Let's all help our young people to espouse the values of the YMCA. This will be a better city if we all try to help our young people understand the true values of the Rome YMCA. We are extremely fortunate to have a Y in Rome. We all should embrace and support our Y!
The man

Morrisville, NY

#2 Feb 4, 2014
I'm a Planet Fitness man myself. Hard to find a parking space at the Y and I always had to are wait to use the treadmills. Plus it's more expensive at the Y. Oh yeah, also d-bags like Tony D hang out there.
Roman

Rome, NY

#3 Feb 4, 2014
Everything that is going on in Rome and you are worried about profanity coming out of someone's mouth? Explain to me how Rome will be a better city by not using profanity and by teaching them true values of the YMCA. WHAT?! There's much worse goings on in this City than someone using profanity at the Y. To name a few are drugs, weapons, robberies, assault, gangs, murders. Need a plunger? They only cost $1 at Dollar Store.
Pat

Syracuse, NY

#4 Feb 5, 2014
Member wrote:
I am a member of the YMCA in rome. It is a great benefit to the residents of the rome and it's surrounding area. Utica once had a Y but mismanagement and a faulty staff cause the utica Y to ultimately close down and sell its assets. The folks who use the rome Y have much to choose from as far as physical fitness is concerned. My only concern is that some of the members who use the Y have forgotten the motto of the Y or maybe never learned that the YMCA actually stands for the young men's Christian association. When I attend the Y to use its facility I hear many young men using very offensive language and every other word is a form of profanity. Let's all help our young people to espouse the values of the YMCA. This will be a better city if we all try to help our young people understand the true values of the Rome YMCA. We are extremely fortunate to have a Y in Rome. We all should embrace and support our Y!
You Moron the YMCA's of Utica, Rome, Oneida, Sherrill and Sylvan Beach are (were) run by the management. I said (were) because Utica, Sherrill and Sylvan Beach were closed.
Bud

Syracuse, NY

#5 Feb 5, 2014
The man wrote:
I'm a Planet Fitness man myself. Hard to find a parking space at the Y and I always had to are wait to use the treadmills. Plus it's more expensive at the Y. Oh yeah, also d-bags like Tony D hang out there.
The YMCA is hard to find parking at night, have only a few machines many of which don't work right. They also have filthy locker rooms and I had a friend get his locker broke into. Do you think that Tony D person you speak about did it? Did he need the money for drugs ? All I know it is $45 dollars a month for the YMCA and $10 at Planet Place. The YMCA has a pool that they bring handicapped people in from DDSO and ARC that pee in the pool. They have 2 pools a big pee pool and a small pee & poop pool. YUCK
Really

Whitesboro, NY

#6 Feb 5, 2014
Roman wrote:
Everything that is going on in Rome and you are worried about profanity coming out of someone's mouth? Explain to me how Rome will be a better city by not using profanity and by teaching them true values of the YMCA. WHAT?! There's much worse goings on in this City than someone using profanity at the Y. To name a few are drugs, weapons, robberies, assault, gangs, murders. Need a plunger? They only cost $1 at Dollar Store.
Really, I don't think the people involved in the activities you identify are Y MCA members to begin with. If they were members they would be more interested in the well being of themselves and their loved ones. They would be more productive members of our society and using their time in more positive manner. Littlest steps help to make big changes. Don't give up on our young people. Let them know that using profanity only put them in a negative light and gives them a negative outlook. Lead by example, do the right and respectful thing. The YMCA should be a profanity free zone as good Christians believe.
Y lover

Homer, NY

#7 Mar 20, 2014
The Rome Y is so much better than Planet Fitness. Only puss*es would disagree.
Jerry

Syracuse, NY

#8 Mar 20, 2014
Y lover wrote:
The machines are junk, the floors are filthy and it costs $2 a month and planet fitness costs $10
Jeff

Syracuse, NY

#9 Mar 20, 2014
Y lover wrote:
Police are often there and there are notices posted by Director Bruce Hairston about not bringing in valuables in. The notice also said lockers were broke into as well as cars. Must be Bubba, Julio and their friends needed money for drugs. Myself and other are not going to renew memberships because of all the riff raff they let in for nothing. They want to cry that people won't go there they should start by keeping the garbage out. There are so many thugs hanging around you think you are in Cord Hill in Utica.
Kevin or Dennis

Cantonment, FL

#10 Mar 20, 2014
you like little boys
Jerry wrote:
<quoted text>
The machines are junk, the floors are filthy and it costs $2 a month and planet fitness costs $10
keep your hands to yourself musclehead
Jerry

Syracuse, NY

#11 Mar 20, 2014
Kevin or Dennis wrote:
you like little boys<quoted text>
keep your hands to yourself musclehead
Looks like the same moron that can't spell or use proper grammar is back. Are you the Black or Puerto Rican ?
Pat

Syracuse, NY

#12 Mar 20, 2014
The YMCA is free if you are poor, Disabled or Old.
YMCA All Day

Homer, NY

#15 Mar 20, 2014
But but but planet fatass gives out free pizza! That's pretty awesome and such a helpful contribution to the already healthy population of people of Rome NY. Sometimes I like to put some of those purple tootsie rolls on top of my free pizza right after I work out. Screw it, I deserve to pig myself after a hardcore 20 minute cardio sesh underneath that incredibly necessary fan. It helps me relax and forget about all the time I wasted in such a worthless gym.
:)
Pat

Syracuse, NY

#16 Mar 20, 2014
What is WRONG with You wrote:
Can't doesn't have anything to do with it. Won't? Perhaps. Doing so, purposefully, just to crank your tractor? Likely.
Little pansyass faggot boylover that you are, you just don't get it, do you?<quoted text>I'm mixed- so many bloodlines goin' on here, I gots the best of ALL possible DNAs.
hee hee heeee
goan mayk ubb sum nue zbellings, doo!
ha ha ha haaaaaaa
Your the worst of the worst
Meg

Syracuse, NY

#17 Mar 20, 2014
Wallet stolen at YMCA Rome tonight and Police called. They also caught kids in the Mens locker room trying to get in locker room.
Meg

Syracuse, NY

#18 Mar 20, 2014
YMCA All Day wrote:
But but but planet fatass gives out free pizza! That's pretty awesome and such a helpful contribution to the already healthy population of people of Rome NY. Sometimes I like to put some of those purple tootsie rolls on top of my free pizza right after I work out. Screw it, I deserve to pig myself after a hardcore 20 minute cardio sesh underneath that incredibly necessary fan. It helps me relax and forget about all the time I wasted in such a worthless gym.
:)
Are you one of those sissy boys that can't play football at RFA? You are also listed as Utica LOL. Work out were you playing with yourself? That is also one good thing Planet Fitness is that they get rid of low lives like yourself. Go join your friend in breaking into cars and lockers at the YMCA
meg youre dumb

Homer, NY

#19 Mar 20, 2014
Meg wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you one of those sissy boys that can't play football at RFA? You are also listed as Utica LOL. Work out were you playing with yourself? That is also one good thing Planet Fitness is that they get rid of low lives like yourself. Go join your friend in breaking into cars and lockers at the YMCA
That's funny cause a buddy of mine was just telling me how a lowlife scumbag stole his timberland boots out of the men's locker room at planet fitness on march 5th. So gfy.
meg youre dumb

Homer, NY

#20 Mar 20, 2014
Meg wrote:
<quoted text>
The only reason you're against the y is because you're nothing more than a fat cow who doesn't know anything about working out. You need this facade of a "judgement free zone" because you're too intimidated to step up your game. Do the healthy world a favor and just quit trying to be like us. You will NEVER make it. Cow.
LoL

Penn Yan, NY

#21 Mar 21, 2014
meg youre dumb wrote:
<quoted text>
The only reason you're against the y is because you're nothing more than a fat cow who doesn't know anything about working out. You need this facade of a "judgement free zone" because you're too intimidated to step up your game. Do the healthy world a favor and just quit trying to be like us. You will NEVER make it. Cow.
Your ego is dragging you into stupidity.
Really " quit trying" are you insane.
What a motivator, you elitist snob, lol the "heathy world" what a maroon.
Vince

Syracuse, NY

#22 Mar 21, 2014
meg youre dumb wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny cause a buddy of mine was just telling me how a lowlife scumbag stole his timberland boots out of the men's locker room at planet fitness on march 5th. So gfy.
Did they cut the lock off the locker there too? It scares me most of the young people in Rome are trouble so I won't even go to either one. It is bad to call someone dumb because they complain how bad the YMCA is. Planet Fitness may be bad but my Sister lives by the YMCA and she is scared by the problems there. Gangs of blacks fighting at night, Police there almost every night and one night the blacks had a knife fight.
One can easily understand why there is an exodus of people, jobs and investment in the area. The prisons brought all the undesirables and their families to the area. You ever hear the blacks call each other the N word? I guess they know who they are.
Congratulations see what the prisons brought to the area, crime, ignorance, rudeness and filth. Our schools test amongst the worst of worst. Your car, home and well being are in jeopardy. Garbage and trash are all over the streets. I just hope anyone that though bringing the prisons here rots in hell. Lets not forget the murder last year or the guy that went after police in the parking lot a few years ago noon time at the YMCA. Congratulations you help to turn Rome into the South Bronx.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Just be a cop and you can get away with everyth... 6 min lil mizz nozey 10
Dillon Kotary 47 min next 2
Ivy heh 49 min Double Dick 11
Catfishing spots 54 min HELPPPPPPPPPPPP 15
Facebook sluts (Sep '11) 1 hr jack jock jones 22
Caught with pants down 5 hr Bi weekly delivery 8
Robert Spratt 5 hr hit it then quit it 2

Rome Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance