Here is a truthful thread

Posted in the Rome Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#1 Feb 10, 2014
This country is rapidly going down the toilet. People no longer have morals, or respect for anyone else or themselves. Just take a look at the forums on here. It is a fine example! They are all about people who don't have any initiative, do not hold themselves to any standards whatsoever, and choose to take the easiest way in life. They don't want to work, they have children with different men/women, they do not take responsibility for anything, they blame everyone else for their problems, and they expect everything to just be handed to them. All that comes out of their mouth is filth and shows their lack of education and even common sense. It is not just in Utica and Rome...it is happening all over the U S of A.

It is plain sad and disgusting that the media wastes time on the likes of Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber and yet criticizes Duck Dynasty for praying. Everything revolves around sex...even the commercials (example: new Shredded Wheat commercial). You can't sit down and watch a rented movie anymore with out having to hear the "F" word a million times or seeing nudity. Even the cartoon movies have inuendos in them. It is sad and pathetic that we allow Hollywood to flood our homes, our brains and those of our children with garbage. Those people 35 and under are pretty much relying on us older folks to carry "the load" and I don't know about you but I for one am sick and tired of working only to be taxed to death and have nothing to show for my hard work while people on welfare have a nicer car and cell phone than I do. I don't begrudge anyone anything they worked for. I DO begrudge those who want everything for free. Us middleclass folks are slowly drowning. What will all you freeloading scum do when you have no one to support you?
wow

Utica, NY

#2 Feb 10, 2014
Perfectly said.
true

Holland Patent, NY

#3 Feb 10, 2014
I am under 35 and I agree that this country is in bad shape and for exactly the reasons you said. But the older generations forget to see who raised us. My generation is the way it is because the older generations failed to discipline and spoiled their children too much because they didn't like the way they were raised. This isn't true with everyone but with most people I come in contact with, it is.
dieing as well

Earlville, NY

#4 Feb 10, 2014
Right on the money with this post
Nothing new 360 BC

Penn Yan, NY

#5 Feb 10, 2014
"Those then who know not wisdom and virtue, and are always busy with gluttony and sensuality, go down and up again as far as the mean; and in this region they move at random throughout life, but they never pass into the true upper world; thither they neither look, nor do they ever find their way, neither are they truly filled with true being, nor do they taste of pure and abiding pleasure. Like cattle, with their eyes always looking down and their heads stooping to the earth, that is, to the dining-table, they fatten and feed and breed, and, in their excessive love of these delights, they kick and butt at one another with horns and hoofs which are made of iron; and they kill one another by reason of their insatiable lust. For they fill themselves with that which is not substantial, and the part of themselves which they fill is also unsubstantial and incontinent. "
Plato
samuel clemens

Hamilton, NY

#7 Feb 10, 2014
knowsdatruth wrote:
This country is rapidly going down the toilet. People no longer have morals, or respect for anyone else or themselves. Just take a look at the forums on here. It is a fine example! They are all about people who don't have any initiative, do not hold themselves to any standards whatsoever, and choose to take the easiest way in life. They don't want to work, they have children with different men/women, they do not take responsibility for anything, they blame everyone else for their problems, and they expect everything to just be handed to them. All that comes out of their mouth is filth and shows their lack of education and even common sense. It is not just in Utica and Rome...it is happening all over the U S of A.
It is plain sad and disgusting that the media wastes time on the likes of Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber and yet criticizes Duck Dynasty for praying. Everything revolves around sex...even the commercials (example: new Shredded Wheat commercial). You can't sit down and watch a rented movie anymore with out having to hear the "F" word a million times or seeing nudity. Even the cartoon movies have inuendos in them. It is sad and pathetic that we allow Hollywood to flood our homes, our brains and those of our children with garbage. Those people 35 and under are pretty much relying on us older folks to carry "the load" and I don't know about you but I for one am sick and tired of working only to be taxed to death and have nothing to show for my hard work while people on welfare have a nicer car and cell phone than I do. I don't begrudge anyone anything they worked for. I DO begrudge those who want everything for free. Us middleclass folks are slowly drowning. What will all you freeloading scum do when you have no one to support you?
Your part right, these lost souls will never own a home ,will never walk their daughter down the asile to get married in a church ,never send their child off to college,will never go on a family vacation.They aren't going to a parent teacher meeting.Forget it the list is too long for MOST of these people,they wont even go to the dentist and its free They all have to look over their shoulders..You missed the point with Hollywood and TV,its all for money.Thats right even the Duck, they might have some good ideas but they are getting PAID.If this stuff is flooding your home just shut it off,you have the right .Worry about yourself and family and your place on this planet,the thing to stop all that shit is ITSELF and it will..

Real Tony D

“www.twitter.com/ tonyd13440”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#8 Feb 10, 2014
Excellent post.
Pacmer

Utica, NY

#9 Feb 10, 2014
knowsdatruth wrote:
Hopefully those young people will finally take the jobs your generation has held past the normal retirement age in order to feel useful. Let's be real for a moment: if people on welfare have a nicer phone and car than you do, then you haven't exactly been living up to your full potential. Moreover, if that is the case, then you probably don't even meet the criteria to be considered "middle class". That's no shame, that's the sad truth. An indecent society floods your home with immorality, and yet your values place a high priority on fancy cars and phones? People in glass houses... Quit whining and do something about it, rather than making yourself feel superior with nostalgic pining for a time that never truly existed, and privileges that you haven't even begun to earn.
Pacmer

Utica, NY

#10 Feb 10, 2014
Life is not fair. It never was and it never will be. You will never be guaranteed the things to you deserve for your effort. You may get hit by a bus tomorrow, or you may win the lottery. Appreciate life while you've got it, for better or worse.
Honk on Bobo

Cantonment, FL

#11 Feb 10, 2014
Yup.
Pacmer wrote:
Life is not fair. It never was and it never will be. You will never be guaranteed the things to you deserve for your effort. You may get hit by a bus tomorrow, or you may win the lottery. Appreciate life while you've got it, for better or worse.
Honk

On

Bobo
Have faith

Penn Yan, NY

#12 Feb 11, 2014
Have a little faith. I think the return of the extended family is a game changer.
The number of program abusers are small, there a lot of good people out there. Do they have flaws, yep. Will we get through this? Yes.
The road will be bumpy and it is more important now that you are engaged in life. This is a very exciting time to be alive.

Location hidden

#13 Feb 11, 2014
Pacmer wrote:
<quoted text>
Hopefully those young people will finally take the jobs your generation has held past the normal retirement age in order to feel useful. Let's be real for a moment: if people on welfare have a nicer phone and car than you do, then you haven't exactly been living up to your full potential. Moreover, if that is the case, then you probably don't even meet the criteria to be considered "middle class". That's no shame, that's the sad truth. An indecent society floods your home with immorality, and yet your values place a high priority on fancy cars and phones? People in glass houses... Quit whining and do something about it, rather than making yourself feel superior with nostalgic pining for a time that never truly existed, and privileges that you haven't even begun to earn.
Actually no... I place value not on material things but what is inside a person and most of the young people walking around today are empty unfeeling souls. My point was that people are on welfare and handed things they don't NEED to SURVIVE. Welfare was never meant to be a way of life. It was meant as a safety net for those who were down and out to get back on their feet again but there are people out there who make it their career.

I don't have a problem working hard for the things I have, and I do...but what I place the most value on is the kind of person I see when I look in the mirror. I try to treat others fairly and I try to be a productive addition to society. Am I perfect? Absolutely not, but I have worked for everything I have and I do have respect for others and I do have morals.

I am not even near close to being able to retire, but I do agree with you...there are the ones who are in their 60's and could but don't get out of the way for us middle aged folks to move up a little.

I am glad this post has gotten attention and I don't expect everyone to agree 100% with what I said, especially those who are exactly what I described.

Location hidden

#14 Feb 11, 2014
true wrote:
I am under 35 and I agree that this country is in bad shape and for exactly the reasons you said. But the older generations forget to see who raised us. My generation is the way it is because the older generations failed to discipline and spoiled their children too much because they didn't like the way they were raised. This isn't true with everyone but with most people I come in contact with, it is.
I agree with you...a lot of the blame falls on the parents. However, once kids grow up and become adults, they have to start taking responsibility for their own actions and can't keep blaming their parents, their childhood etc. They are supposedly so much smarter nowadays...

Location hidden

#15 Feb 11, 2014
Pacmer wrote:
I agree.
appreciated

Utica, NY

#16 Feb 11, 2014
knowsdatruth wrote:
I enjoyed this post as it combines plenty of rant w/ some ethical talk. However you have plenty of small confines trapping your mind. the 29-38 year old Generation X class are the only one's left w/ the ability to bail this sinking ship of a country out. If you are 28 or younger you have been sold out since birth. A whole generation of boys thinking they have what it takes to be a man. They don't. weened from the teet on video games and garbage processed food. marketed to since toddlers by Old Navy to put them into a classification where all products can be thrown down a pipe at them and they will fanatically support and buy be it apple or nike shoes.

the real blame and problem lies w/ the 45-70 Generation w/o a doubt. they clung to 80's greed and racism and now they get to live the poor black american experience while the middle class crumbles. they cling to race bating arguments, trash celebrity bashing, and sports fanaticism for athletes w/ an 8th grade reading level who make 500x what you will in a lifetime. And they think that is a good thing. That Generation should have been the first wave of HELL NO against the Iraq and Afghan false flag wars perpetuated on the 9/11 lies. They were all lied to about Vietnam and eventually they came around. The Same God Damn idiots all bought mini van magnets, coughed up their sons and daughters for Haliburtons dividends, and tied a ribbon around the old oak tree once again. such fools, and they claim to be patriots. they are the real reason why everything is gone, their complacency and addiction for material things, inabilities to create a real family structure, and just casting off progressive thought for the same old 1950's WASP mentality that should have been struck down then. They run to religion which reinforces all of the garbage that brought them to this point in their lives. Now they are forced to take a bite of the shit they created, and you and the others don't like it.

will you ever learn. I highly doubt it. you won't even stand up to stop the Chemtrails they are spraying in your skies. Go Walk for cancer, then drink some Mountain Dew. that's the perfect vision of who you are and how you operate. forever.
KImmy the K UNT

Syracuse, NY

#17 Feb 11, 2014
my IQ dropped 50 points from reading this vomit which is hard because i'm already an idiot. thank you for voting for me though. i love you guys.
Spoils of War

United States

#18 Feb 11, 2014
Let us go back to the returning WWII vets,"The Greatest Generation" They returned and banged like bunnies, creating a huge bubble, the "Baby Boomers"
Now at that time Frugality,saving,temperance and all associated values do not fit in the new economic scheme of consumerism. The exact opposite is needed wastefulness, disposable and intemperance.
It is easy to blame parents, but it is a pretty unfair fight, when you consider the amout of programing the parents have to cut through.
Corporate greed and narcissim is the going theme.
Solution- go local, become a community.
You can not go it alone, you are neither a god or a wild beast.
The Villian

United States

#19 Feb 11, 2014
wow

United States

#20 Feb 11, 2014
knowsdatruth wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree.
that's because you are a moron
Samuel Clemens

Earlville, NY

#21 Feb 11, 2014
Pacmer wrote:
Ya never know if you dont try.Another thing it might take more than once You might work hard and discover the fruits of all your hard work.Of course that might be on the third try but,was it worth it you bet it was.Ya cant give up and forget that tomorrow and bus thing . Life is what you make out of it even if you fail at some things.WAKE up and smell the green tea.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police: Man charged after forcibly touching Wal... 23 min toot toot 6
elks 2 hr Laura 17
Good Gym in Rome? 2 hr John Cenaintowski 70
Old Marcy Insane Asylum (Oct '10) 10 hr John Morrison 927
Tyler Edick (Apr '13) 12 hr Fuckoffscarface 4
Jason terry 13 hr Fuckoffscarface 4
News Police: Woman indicted on charges of stealing $... 13 hr 16 TEEN SHOTS 25

Rome Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance