Marijuana will be Legal, FINALLY!!

Posted in the Rome Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
About Time

Hamilton, NY

#1 Nov 22, 2013
I am glad I might actually live to see it. After 3/4 of a Century of the Government lying to us telling us how bad it is, legalization is finally a real possibility. Just like with any other drug or food or what not, moderation is the key. There still is alot of work to be done from the Government though. Did you know that Marijuana is still listed as a Schedule 1 Narcotic by the Federal Government? Listed as worse than Cocaine!! Truthfully, Marijuana is far less harmful then just about any other drug out there including Alcohol. Especially when you use a vaporizer so there is no smoke. I don't condone s being high all day long, but after a long day coming home and sitting back and taking a few pulls is completely fine. Far better then a few beers. This being a supposed free country I believe each person has the right to choose for themselves as long as they dont' start being idiots and robbing people or driving under the influence. Everyone should have the right to decide if they would like to drink a beer or two or smoke or eat some Marijuana without fear of jail. I can't wait till it does become legal so I can grow in my house and yard. I love the smell of fresh plants!!! Cheers all and Vote yes to Marijuana being legal!
omg

Schenectady, NY

#2 Nov 22, 2013
Even if it becomes legal . It wont be legal to grow . Gov.will take control charge a fortune and get rich on peoples chose to choose to smoke . I say no . But thats me .
About Time

Hamilton, NY

#3 Nov 22, 2013
Well is the other 2 States where it is legal, it is also legal to grow. Just like if you wanted to grow tobacco. You can, or buy kits to brew your own beer. You say no well thats your choice, do you also think Alcohol should be made illegal again? Alcohol kills more people each year then all legal and illegal drugs combined.
weed not greed

Syracuse, NY

#4 Nov 22, 2013
omg wrote:
Even if it becomes legal . It wont be legal to grow . Gov.will take control charge a fortune and get rich on peoples chose to choose to smoke . I say no . But thats me .
depends... states that have allowed medical marijuana allow for "patients" to grow a preset amount for themselves. colorado and oregon have now voted to tax and regulate it for recreation but only 1 of them (so far) plans to allow personal cultivation of 6 mature and 6 seedlings per person. the good thing is that as each state and municipality joins in cannabis legalization the end users are less and less likely to be bothered by law enforcement. we're not there yet but there's no denying that the time has come.
weed not greed

Syracuse, NY

#5 Nov 22, 2013
oops. that's Colorado and Washington (state) where recreational weed was voted on and approved. the recreational sales don't begin until 2014. in Oregon they're working on Initiative Petition #22 for the Oregon General Election of November 4, 2014. It Supersedes existing laws governing cannabis (marijuana); and creates commission to regulate cultivation, processing, sale of cannabis
ward

Utica, NY

#6 Nov 22, 2013
It might be legal but as an employee'r I will have random tests. You fail your fired with no unemployment checks. Good luck.
weed not greed

Syracuse, NY

#7 Nov 22, 2013
ward, sobriety "in the workplace" should of course be enforced but what folks do for recreation or medication outside of work should be none of your concern. how many closet alcoholics do you employ? prescription drug addicts? caffeine addicts? all exponentially more harmful and dangerous than cannabis. take the cannabis dispensaries nearest the sprawling tech companies of California. they're the busiest in the state....and beating a drug test is easier than copping a bag of weed. your employees know that.
Old School Journalist

Cantonment, FL

#8 Nov 22, 2013
If it's legal and you pull that stunt, prepare to be devastated by lawsuits.
ward wrote:
It might be legal but as an employee'r I will have random tests. You fail your fired with no unemployment checks. Good luck.
Your days as a business owner will be done. How ELSE do you discriminate against qualified individuals?
Well

Hamilton, NY

#9 Nov 22, 2013
If it's legal it will be ILLEGAL to fire someone for testing positive for Marijuana. As it can stay in your system for months. You can't fire someone for drinking a beer in their free time, so good luck with that. I personally would rather work with someone who smokes weed then who drinks alcohol. Alcohol is so unsafe and dangerous compared to Marijuana!
ward

Utica, NY

#10 Nov 22, 2013
Its none of my concern. Everything is my concern when they walk in the door. I am liable for everything. They will be tested, it is part of their employment. Positive test means no job. I have to look out for my family safety. If you show up not sober to my company you are fired. No exceptions.
ward

Utica, NY

#11 Nov 22, 2013
It is called an employment contract. If you want to work you sign. If not next person.
Bud Good

Cantonment, FL

#12 Nov 22, 2013
You don't know much about how those drug tests REALLY work, do you? You can show up "positive" & not have been high for DAYS or WEEKS. Not too accurate, eh? You can show up negative for weed & be half-drunk or "pilled-up" @ work~ guess who is a more conscientious & valuable employee?
ward wrote:
Its none of my concern. Everything is my concern when they walk in the door. I am liable for everything. They will be tested, it is part of their employment. Positive test means no job. I have to look out for my family safety. If you show up not sober to my company you are fired. No exceptions.
Get your head outta yer ass, your thinking outta the Dark Ages, & Get The Facts, Jack.
weed not greed

Syracuse, NY

#13 Nov 22, 2013
Old School Journalist wrote:
If it's legal and you pull that stunt, prepare to be devastated by lawsuits.<quoted text>Your days as a business owner will be done. How ELSE do you discriminate against qualified individuals?
old school, when all is said & done you're right but we're still far from it as "federal law" still has not adjusted to reflect the wishes of the great majority of Americans. we need to support legalization efforts wherever and whenever they arise. marijuana needs to be re-classified at the federal level so it's not "legally" on the same plane as heroin, thus eliminating the dark cloud over every state that opts for a reasonable approach. it amazes me that some people support states rights but continue to support the insane FAILED drug war, a war on ourselves!
Bud Good

Cantonment, FL

#14 Nov 22, 2013
When weed is legal, that contract won't be worth the paper it's written on, buddy.
ward wrote:
It is called an employment contract. If you want to work you sign. If not next person.
weed not greed

Syracuse, NY

#15 Nov 22, 2013
ward wrote:
If you show up not sober to my company you are fired. No exceptions.
that's where it should begin and end....and eventually that's how the LAW will dictate your actions. for now you indeed can invade the privacy of your workers but your false sense of reality still prevents you from the fact that drug tests are easily fooled. i know dozens of marijuana users who work at Turning Stone, all tested negative, some stellar employees recognized for their work again and again....and they say weed smokers live in a cloud. LOL
ward

Utica, NY

#16 Nov 22, 2013
Here is the point I do not want an employee working for me high at any point. It is simple you come in, I send you to another company that test. I get the results. If you fail you can re-test. I pay for both tests. If you fail the second test. I will fight not to pay the unemployment benefits. You signed a employment contract. You know the rules. It is as simple as that.
Well

Hamilton, NY

#17 Nov 22, 2013
So dumb a Employment contract huh? Your not very bright are you. Even Pilots are allowed to drink alcohol just not 12 hours before they fly. If Marijuana is Legal you cannot be fired for being positive, but dont take my word for it, just have a good lawyer.
ward

Utica, NY

#18 Nov 22, 2013
If you do not think the contract will not stand. good luck
paul

Utica, NY

#19 Nov 22, 2013
ward wrote:
you sir are a silly man.if it became legal you may find your most seasoned veteran that you employ may have some tree in his pee. It would be legal to use but may be prohibited at your workplace. Therefore it would be a more detailed drug test that can show the toxicity level in ones blood stream. You may find yourself short on employees which can result it backed up production and ultimately loss of customers.At that point you may have to close your doors and then you can sit in the unemployment line yourself, only to find out that a ceo/executive roll cannot qualify for unemployment benefits. Only because you wanted to try and control how your "Minions" chose to live their life off the clock.
omg

Schenectady, NY

#20 Nov 22, 2013
About Time wrote:
Well is the other 2 States where it is legal, it is also legal to grow. Just like if you wanted to grow tobacco. You can, or buy kits to brew your own beer. You say no well thats your choice, do you also think Alcohol should be made illegal again? Alcohol kills more people each year then all legal and illegal drugs combined.
yes i do but i beleive thats good for me . N maybe other think otherwise . No right no wrong just agree to disagree

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who is Patrick M AKA SATAN (Dec '13) 2 hr damien 10
ryba 2 hr Jeter 1
UFOs camden 2 hr ebay 2
the orlando shooting 3 hr Guess 18
Stephanie lavine 3 hr Shut it 1
Jason A. Paul 3 hr lil mizz nozey 1
Kenneth M. Johnson 4 hr lil mizz nozey 1

Rome Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance