First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mom

Rome, NY

#1 Apr 25, 2014
Survey on RCSD website about a possible dress code. Parents, kids & families please take this survey. School district isn't telling anyone about the survey like they usually do.
I understand some rules regarding clothing, but no jeans, no yoga pants? That's a little much....girls can't dye their hair? It's excessive. Clothes & hair color aren't the problem. Admin & teachers aren't equipt to deal with Rome's children. It does begin at home, but we don't have the support from home. So teachers give up. Come on teachers...especially RFA. Step it up.
pyt

Rome, NY

#2 Apr 25, 2014
Are you kidding me???? Itty bitty shorts that barely cover the bum??? Sagging jeans?? High heals??? Flat brim hats?? The list goes on! I say dress code and enforce it!
Prision Mom

Cicero, NY

#3 Apr 25, 2014
Mom wrote:
Survey on RCSD website about a possible dress code. Parents, kids & families please take this survey. School district isn't telling anyone about the survey like they usually do.
I understand some rules regarding clothing, but no jeans, no yoga pants? That's a little much....girls can't dye their hair? It's excessive. Clothes & hair color aren't the problem. Admin & teachers aren't equipt to deal with Rome's children. It does begin at home, but we don't have the support from home. So teachers give up. Come on teachers...especially RFA. Step it up.
what is my ricken kid gonna do...he cant wear his earrings..gang hat AND he has to pull up his pants...as soon as his daddy gets out of jail, we are gonna move back to purto rickio!!!!!
Mom

Rome, NY

#5 Apr 25, 2014
I understand rules. I agree no short shorts/skirts & sagging pants, no hats etc. But no jeans? It's a public school. I'm not trying to argue & get rude comments going back & forth I just wanted ppl to know about survey.
Noo

Bronx, NY

#6 Apr 25, 2014
Mom wrote:
I understand rules. I agree no short shorts/skirts & sagging pants, no hats etc. But no jeans? It's a public school. I'm not trying to argue & get rude comments going back & forth I just wanted ppl to know about survey.
We are not a Catholic or private school, our kids should not have to wear a uniform or no jeans. In elementary school they send little girls that have shorts on home (which is ridiculous) and they are not trying to be sexy. So why not just do that to the older kids that do try to look sexy? Send them home when they wear half shirts, breasts sticking out and jeans hanging down. Not everyone should be punished!!
Prision Mom

Cicero, NY

#7 Apr 25, 2014
watz myz kid goona do without his baggie jeans till he dady geyz out of jail..ohhh no.....
Mom

Rome, NY

#8 Apr 25, 2014
Noo wrote:
<quoted text> We are not a Catholic or private school, our kids should not have to wear a uniform or no jeans. In elementary school they send little girls that have shorts on home (which is ridiculous) and they are not trying to be sexy. So why not just do that to the older kids that do try to look sexy? Send them home when they wear half shirts, breasts sticking out and jeans hanging down. Not everyone should be punished!!
I agree 100%. They need to have rules about what the kids can and can not wear. The the rules need to be enforced. That's the key issue. No follow through.
Noo

Rome, NY

#9 Apr 25, 2014
Mom wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree 100%. They need to have rules about what the kids can and can not wear. The the rules need to be enforced. That's the key issue. No follow through.
Exactly!!
Hmmm

Holden, MA

#10 Apr 25, 2014
Put 'em in uniforms. Won't kill 'em to pay more attention to classes and less attention to clothes.
Beans Burritto

Rome, NY

#11 Apr 25, 2014
TODAY IT WOULD BE NUDES ONLY..NASTY WORLD WE LIVE IN NOW!
District Distraction

Wellesley, MA

#12 Apr 26, 2014
This survey is meant to discuss the community from the REAL problems we have with layoffs, our budget, and administration raises. The timing is no coincidence. This will anger people and take the focus away from Simons other messes, lies and errors. However, do take the survey because our opinions should be heard!
Prision Mom

Durhamville, NY

#13 Apr 26, 2014
yes do take it...my kitz wants to wear his baggie pants and hats!
neutral

Rome, NY

#14 Apr 26, 2014
I tend to be neutral on this. I overheard some people talking while at dinner and some makes sense. No.. students should not have to wear dress code however you need to have a staff that will enforce current dress code to make it work. Saggy jeans is one thing but no need to see underwear. Short shorts, absolutely not. Dyed hair ok... within reason. Hair style... shouldn't matter as lo g as it isn't interfering with you watching teacher and teacher being able to look at your eyes. Holes in jeans... nice try.... they sell them that way now as it is the "in fad", as we're bell bottoms when we were children and as long as the holes are natural holes and not in inappropriate locations... no problem. When browsing facebook...twitter..etc. I think the district needs to get a grip on the cell phone usage during school hours, rather than dress code. Next they will say a student can not carry a purse or bag and no pockets to prevent smoking or drug activity that everyone is WELL AWARE of that takes place in the bathrooms. For staff, teachers should use common sense. They shouldn't be showing off their spring break bikini lines nor should they be showing off their underwear. Adults are in different occupations and different job descriptions. You have art teachers that don't wear expensive dress up clothing due to paint...glue...marker...anythi ng that could ruin their attire. You have pe teachers that a few... actually do actively participate with students...you have staff that work w kindergarten and preschool that may restrain or are on the floor interacting with students most of the day and of course you will have some with medical which may require sneakers for foot issues or certain material pants due to knee/leg braces to alleviate arthritis despite being only 35...45...or 50. Not everyone will be happy. But with enforcement of rules and how the students and staff dress now... there should be no issues. The issue you will run into will be financial because even though people are going to buy school clothes... you make a dress code with out proper 6 month notice to parents or stores... there will NOT be enough "uniforms" in Walmart to cover every child and staff in Rome.
Mom2

Rome, NY

#15 Apr 26, 2014
RFA students are allowed their phones, allowed to have headphones & listen to music. I had to call the AP office regarding something about my daughter riding a diff bus home and the secretary asked me TO TEXT HER & let her know to come to the office and get the bus pass. Teachers & staff need to gain control. Not worry about yoga pants & hair dye. It's a total distraction from the real issues, the above poster is right.
Tongue and gash

Canastota, NY

#16 Apr 26, 2014
With way the world is my expectation is that a dress code would allow the boys / men to wear dresses. Sad but true! This is the wussification (ie feminization) of America!
SWM fifties bald fat

Concord, NC

#17 Apr 26, 2014
Let the little sluts wear short skirts and shirts. I enjoy looking at the perky nipples say no to a dress code!
Beans Burritto

Rome, NY

#18 Apr 26, 2014
soon the public will be nude
Gracies Rule

Verona, NY

#19 Apr 26, 2014
did i mention i am GAY and LOVE IT N TH AZZ!
Beans Burritto

Rome, NY

#20 Apr 26, 2014
yes you did,many times
Nasty drippings

Canastota, NY

#21 Apr 27, 2014
RFA is having a "no panties" prom this year. No feminine protection is allowed either. If the girl is menstrating then she is not allowed at the prom. This rule is to protect the men which is understandable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sex offender 9/18 12 min abrigado 10
SEX OFFENDER-Rome 19 min abrigado 24
Yet another SEX OFFENDER. 24 min abrigado 4
SEX OFFENDER of the day. 32 min abrigado 4
Sex Offender #2 38 min abrigado 5
Deer Hunters Are Stupid 1 hr Sad 55
RFA football is a joke.. 1 hr Miss LYNN 19
Rome Cop Rape Charge 5 hr meeeeeeeee 69
Biggest badasses in Rome 8 hr TonyD13440 74
•••