DiCastro's Brick Oven

DiCastro's Brick Oven

Posted in the Rome Forum

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Consumer

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Dec 10, 2010
Ordered a pizza w/ mushrooms & meatballs today it was the WORST PIZZA I EVER HAD!!!! There was hardly any sauce at all & there were big chunks of tomatoes on it instead! Very skimpy on the cheese. Over cooked, NASTY!!! Just down right disgusting!!! 1st and LAST time I ever order from there!!!
You dont know whats good

Hilton, NY

#2 Dec 10, 2010
Your problem?
You don't know what's good. Stick with little ceasers. You'll be happier, seems to be more your style.
Joe

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Dec 10, 2010
Sounds like most others comments about the place. I havent heard anything positive, except that it looks nice.

Since: Nov 08

Brooklyn, NY

#4 Dec 10, 2010
Consumer wrote:
Ordered a pizza w/ mushrooms & meatballs today it was the WORST PIZZA I EVER HAD!!!! There was hardly any sauce at all & there were big chunks of tomatoes on it instead! Very skimpy on the cheese. Over cooked, NASTY!!! Just down right disgusting!!! 1st and LAST time I ever order from there!!!
Some people like pizza like that. How was the price?
MeMe

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Dec 10, 2010
Over priced, over cooked and over estimated !!
Consumer

Jamesville, NY

#6 Dec 10, 2010
Overpriced for what you get. Ordered a Pizza with mushrooms and meatballs. The meat was greasy and the pizza had very little sauce. I think what sauce there was came from the canned tomatoes used to make the disc. The crust was hard, thin, and burnt.

Worst pizza ever.
hmmm

Skaneateles, NY

#7 Dec 10, 2010
we ate there too the sauce has a very funny taste almost like basil....Im sorry but you dont put basil in pizza sauce...IT WAS DISGUSTING...WAY OVER PRICED...service wasnt bad, and the place looks really nice....but the food is terrible...will not return
Consumer

Brooklyn, NY

#9 Dec 10, 2010
guesswho2 wrote:
<quoted text>Some people like pizza like that. How was the price?
$20 bucks for the pizza. If you like dry, hard to choke down, over priced pizza Dicastro's is your place! Rome has plenty of pizza & wing joints that are mediocre to shitty, just what we needed another one!
Consumer

Brooklyn, NY

#10 Dec 10, 2010
You dont know whats good wrote:
Your problem?
You don't know what's good. Stick with little ceasers. You'll be happier, seems to be more your style.
Apparently YOU don't know whats good! Your the only idiot on here who's liking that crap food! You probably own/work there and search topix nightly for crap reviews, stay tuned I'm sure there will be plenty more!
MABJ

Dallas, TX

#11 Dec 10, 2010
Wow, it's that bad ?
Bulls eye

New York, NY

#12 Dec 11, 2010
Consumer wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently YOU don't know whats good! Your the only idiot on here who's liking that crap food! You probably own/work there and search topix nightly for crap reviews, stay tuned I'm sure there will be plenty more!
( BULLS EYE ) A new broom sweeps clean. That pizza joints brooms getting wore out quick.
Johnny Basil

Hamilton, NY

#13 Dec 11, 2010
hmmm wrote:
we ate there too the sauce has a very funny taste almost like basil....Im sorry but you dont put basil in pizza sauce...IT WAS DISGUSTING...WAY OVER PRICED...service wasnt bad, and the place looks really nice....but the food is terrible...will not return
I always put a little of myself in the sauce.
hated it

Brooklyn, NY

#14 Dec 12, 2010
beautiful place. horrible food.
scums

Morrisville, NY

#15 Dec 12, 2010
Pizza is over priced and tastes like shit and everyone that works there looks retarded. The guys who made my pizza were scumbags in high school... correction they are still scumbags. The place looks nice if youre into the whole recycled burned down barn wood look. Anyway, 26 dollars for one pizza and two drinks is horse shit. La romas or tonys on jay all day so all you whops out there stop trying to make pizza..fuck.
tonys on jay

Brooklyn, NY

#16 Dec 13, 2010
ALL THE WAY!!! that is all i ever order from!!
well

Brooklyn, NY

#17 Dec 13, 2010
place SUCKSSSSSSS!!!! SLICES or TONYS they r both good!!! Slices is cheaper though! And more consitant
Tonys On Jay

Brooklyn, NY

#18 Dec 13, 2010
I was saying tonys on jay all the way....
echo

AOL

#19 Dec 13, 2010
highest priced---worst pizza I've ever had...never again!!
ex roman

Saranac Lake, NY

#20 Dec 13, 2010
only heard a few people had gone there & they wer'nt impressed with the menu or prices.
in fact one of them walked out & did'nt even order.
so needless to say I'm in no hurry to go there
Just Looking

Long Eddy, NY

#21 Dec 13, 2010
I was just wondering; aren't the owners in the construction business? What made them want to open a restaurant and what experience do they have. Is the concrete/excavating business that bad? Are they money hungry?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
back 9 2 hr wow 1
Antonio gulandia 5 hr Bum or bun 6
jasmine finch 6 hr yolanda 3
Whats the going rate for a hand job in rome? 7 hr gooch 9
Why are all the Amber Seaton post deleted ? 7 hr gooch 8
Your a bum 7 hr Your mom 2
Annoying CNYDSO Nurses? LPN / RN 9 hr DDSO 1
Mayor does not shop rome 14 hr Thia is g cool a 36
swavely quits Tue Not you 26

Rome Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rome Mortgages