SAD

New York, NY

#146 Sep 14, 2012
Old School RFA wrote:
<quoted text>You're losing 58to 0 and you still call running plays? That's called bad coaching wherever you come from.
ummm, when it's 58-0 you SHOULD call running plays. At that point you want to keep the clock moving. Fiorini should be commended too, he called off the dogs mid way thru the third qtr.
politics vs talent

Rome, NY

#147 Sep 14, 2012
Program began its fall when Myz retired and boy has it fallen... blame the brain trust that figured you didn't need to hire young talented coaches in the 80's and 90's to learn the game while being groomed to take over the program.... plant corn get corn.... political contacts are more important then talent...always!
leave

Dracut, MA

#148 Sep 14, 2012
NotSwave wrote:
Swave looks like he is bigger than the octomom. Seriously, if his belly gets any bigger, he will need a bigger van. He might have to start riding in a trailer being pulled by the van.
you need to stfu. This is about football not about someones weight are you really that much of a low life that you need to judge someone like that?! You don't know his life so shut it. His van is the shit! Don't be jealous because you don't have one dickwad
NotSwave

Brooklyn, NY

#149 Sep 15, 2012
leave wrote:
<quoted text> you need to stfu. This is about football not about someones weight are you really that much of a low life that you need to judge someone like that?! You don't know his life so shut it. His van is the shit! Don't be jealous because you don't have one dickwad
Maybe he should set an example to the players. He is out of shape, yet he supposedly stresses to the players that they have to stay in shape. Practice what you preach.

It is time to bring in some real coaching and have the coaches talk to people that have the talent to play. For all that played the game, this is an embarrassment. All the alumni feel like the program has been ruined. RFA used to cut players, but now it looks like they can barely field a team.
Sick of this

Enfield, CT

#150 Sep 15, 2012
Maybe you should focus less on coach saves weight and more on the lack of effort from your kid. The ones that never show up for camps clinics or workouts or the ones that are told how awesome they are from mommy and daddy. Coach is available all season and workouts are all year but where is your son? Swaves is a great coach and works hard coaching everyhthing his kids are in so what about his size. The effort I see from the coaching staff is there but there is no effort from most (I say most) of the players. Do you think they looked as bad as they did against proctor all week? No I watched practice something happened to them in the game that only they the players can answer to. I will support my son and the team and I am an alum but I see the change in the heart and determination of the kids for the worse over the years. I take responsibility for my son an his effort maybe some of you should instead of blaming your son's coaches weight on why he cannot catch a ball.
Whaa

East Syracuse, NY

#151 Sep 15, 2012
I've never seen the coach you all speak of, but if he's as big as you say he is, why is it a problem that he's actually on his feet and able to walk, let alone coach sports? Most people that size sit on their butts and want everything handed to them. They think because of their weight, they're entitled to be tended to 24/7. This guy get up every day and coaches sports. He could very easily sit on his azz all day like the rest of the overweight ppl do.
counting the losses

Rome, NY

#152 Sep 15, 2012
friday night? no one should even go to the game vs. b'ville! the only ones that need to go are the parents of the players! everyone else should stay home,don't even bother showing up, forget the paper bags over your head! we know b'ville will destroy them already! can you say tyler rouse? if prcotor beat rome 65-20, b'ville should score 100 points!
leave

Dracut, MA

#153 Sep 15, 2012
With you wrote:
<quoted text>
So what you are saying is they can't coach.
he is proabaly saying that you can't make lemonaid without lemons. He stays in the weight room ALLLL SUMMER literally all of his time is dedicated to football. He can only make the kids that come to him so big its not like swavely can give them steroids to make them bigger or make them as fast as other teams he can only work with what he's got. So before anyone talks crap about him look at what he has to choose from. There is only 7 seniors! 7! And none of them are over 180 pounds Imean common! How would you people work with that!
leave

Dracut, MA

#154 Sep 15, 2012
NotSwave wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe he should set an example to the players. He is out of shape, yet he supposedly stresses to the players that they have to stay in shape. Practice what you preach.
It is time to bring in some real coaching and have the coaches talk to people that have the talent to play. For all that played the game, this is an embarrassment. All the alumni feel like the program has been ruined. RFA used to cut players, but now it looks like they can barely field a team.
when you spend ever minute of the day dealing with football and trying to improve your team ontop of having to support his children he doesn't have time to necessarily spend hours every day working out so once again stfu. And what you're saying is that being in the weight room every day during the summer isn't good enough for you? He can give them all the tools to get better but if they don't use them its not his fault. That's a great point you made he can hardly field a team because students now adays only want to drink and smoke pot! They can't handle the commitment!
freebie the bean

Ontario, NY

#155 Sep 15, 2012
In little league they have the Mercy rule...once a team is up by so many runs, the game is considered over. High school football should have the same rule. Since Proctor pulled their entire first string, and RFA was still over matched, that's it! GAME OVER!
SAD

New York, NY

#156 Sep 15, 2012
Sick of this wrote:
Maybe you should focus less on coach saves weight and more on the lack of effort from your kid. The ones that never show up for camps clinics or workouts or the ones that are told how awesome they are from mommy and daddy. Coach is available all season and workouts are all year but where is your son? Swaves is a great coach and works hard coaching everyhthing his kids are in so what about his size. The effort I see from the coaching staff is there but there is no effort from most (I say most) of the players. Do you think they looked as bad as they did against proctor all week? No I watched practice something happened to them in the game that only they the players can answer to. I will support my son and the team and I am an alum but I see the change in the heart and determination of the kids for the worse over the years. I take responsibility for my son an his effort maybe some of you should instead of blaming your son's coaches weight on why he cannot catch a ball.
you're riht, something happened to them during the game... They quit after the first qtr! Proctor has superior talent compared to rfa but those kids mailed it in well before half time. Also, don't compare a week of practice to a game. In practice they're going up against that stink compared to the kids they play during the games.
Black KNIGHT

New York, NY

#158 Sep 15, 2012
SAD wrote:
<quoted text>you're riht, something happened to them during the game... They quit after the first qtr! Proctor has superior talent compared to rfa but those kids mailed it in well before half time. Also, don't compare a week of practice to a game. In practice they're going up against that stink compared to the kids they play during the games.
Is this comment accurate? Hope not!
Greg

Brooklyn, NY

#159 Sep 15, 2012
[QUOTE who=SAD wrote:<quoted text>you're riht, something happened to them during the game... They quit after the first qtr! Proctor has superior talent compared to rfa but those kids mailed it in well before half time. Also, don't compare a week of practice to a game. In practice they're going up against that stink compared to the kids they play during the games.

"Black KNIGHT"]<quoted text>
Is this comment accurate? Hope not![/QUOTE]

I think so
Ben there

Rome, NY

#160 Sep 15, 2012
Sad thing is, once the kids give up that's when very serious injuries can occur. Its like playing against peewee football, the other teams will have monsters and one of then will be pumped up enough to destroy a player....thus serious injury. Coaches need to go!!!
it the kids

Brooklyn, NY

#161 Sep 16, 2012
The coaches can't teach heart. They can't change the attitude of a bunch of kids with drug addict absentee parents. People expect schools to raise their kids. They let them talk back at home and sit on their a$$es and play video games all year and expect the history of RFA to make them athletes. The summer lifting program was a joke. Only 20 kids there most days. If you want to play well you have to put in the effort before the season. Too bad Rome is filled with addicts and drunks that don't care how pathetic their kids are. Before you get your panties in a bunch if your not a drunk or an addict I'm not talking about you. I'm talking about the scum that are ruining this once decent city

Since: Jan 08

Rome

#162 Sep 16, 2012
If what you say is true, I believe the 20 kids who did show up for summer lifting deserve the community's support.
its the kids

Brooklyn, NY

#163 Sep 16, 2012
I was there 3 days a week either watching my 12-year-round old lift or with my younger kid doing gymnastics. On the days we were there only about 20 football players were there. Never more than 30. The community isn't going to support the lack of effort showed by the majority of the team. Well not for much longer anyway.
frankcor wrote:
If what you say is true, I believe the 20 kids who did show up for summer lifting deserve the community's support.
seriously

Rome, NY

#164 Sep 16, 2012
wow! i gotta stop visiting this site. the laughing stock of Rome are the people that make fun of high school kids!
have to agree

Rome, NY

#165 Sep 16, 2012
politics vs talent wrote:
Program began its fall when Myz retired and boy has it fallen... blame the brain trust that figured you didn't need to hire young talented coaches in the 80's and 90's to learn the game while being groomed to take over the program.... plant corn get corn.... political contacts are more important then talent...always!
to some point i have to agree, fiorini kid coaching proctor is a rome boy, another one is also coaching camdem, hear there are like 6 romans teaching pe for utica schools, former rome player coaching defending sectional champs west genny and i'm sure the list goes on
board of education

Rome, NY

#166 Sep 16, 2012
And yet we have swavely as our coach? hahahaha! you have to be kidding me! throw the bum out!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Biggest badasses in Rome 19 min TonyD13440 53
Spirit Halloween 48 min Rome 2
Deer Hunters Are Stupid 1 hr _Evil-_-Bill_ 19
Shane M Sauer 1 hr ThisIsWhyRomeSucks 4
black women love white men (Jul '11) 2 hr look 21
sex offender 9/18 3 hr Mr Obvious 6
rob waller hpv 4 hr Sheri 2
Rome Cop Rape Charge 10 hr truth 59
•••
•••