RFA football.....laughing stock of RO...
Roman

Dover, DE

#273 Oct 1, 2012
Bottom line-FIRE the COACHES!

Since: Jan 08

Rome

#274 Oct 1, 2012
Well said, Former Alum. You model how to be critical yet respectful at the same time.
jalapeno jose

Utica, NY

#275 Oct 1, 2012
We want Swavely gone before the very next game against Aburn and his staff also!
jalapeno jose

Utica, NY

#276 Oct 1, 2012
auburn
parent

Minoa, NY

#277 Oct 1, 2012
Former Alum wrote:
<quoted text>
Frank I understand and respect your onion however as a former athlete who played for coach Hoke, Mize and Bruce Football program and also a former college football player; this is NOT the best we can give these kids. They deserve better from a coaching and teaching they are receiving. You will learn more from a quality coach who will not only prepare you for football but they prepare you for LIFE. The bottom line is a coach is a teacher. Itís nothing personal against the coaching staff but they are in over their heads and the ship will continue to sink. We have allowed and accepted mediocrity in our school system, we need to hold teaches {coaches} accountable. When it comes to kids they deserve the best teachers.
WELL SAID
Circa96

United States

#278 Oct 1, 2012
Bring back Mize!!!
Apparent

Jamesville, NY

#279 Oct 1, 2012
Former Alum wrote:
<quoted text>
Frank I understand and respect your onion however as a former athlete who played for coach Hoke, Mize and Bruce Football program and also a former college football player; this is NOT the best we can give these kids. They deserve better from a coaching and teaching they are receiving. You will learn more from a quality coach who will not only prepare you for football but they prepare you for LIFE. The bottom line is a coach is a teacher. Itís nothing personal against the coaching staff but they are in over their heads and the ship will continue to sink. We have allowed and accepted mediocrity in our school system, we need to hold teaches {coaches} accountable. When it comes to kids they deserve the best teachers.
You are getting the best of the few that are willing to put their neck out there in this town... What veteran coach with any common sense would take on this program? At its height, this program was still full of arrogant head cases that carried forawrd none of the life lessons everyone thinks today's kids would receive... only the grudges.
Anyone that thinks they could do better themselves is ALREADY doing it themselves with their kid after every practice and game... None of the RFA greats would take the job because they know the authority they commanded in the past remains in the past.
jalapeno jose

Utica, NY

#280 Oct 1, 2012
ABANDON THE PROGRAM! CALL IT QUITS! USE THE MONEY FOR EDCATION PURPOSES!
Jalapeno Jose

Utica, NY

#281 Oct 2, 2012
Auburn 35 Rome 20. i will give Rome a break this week!!!Making Swavely's record over the past 2 years 2-13!!! Happy Homecoming Rome!!! This is easily, the worst RFA team in Rome's History!!!
Jalapeno Jose

Utica, NY

#282 Oct 3, 2012
swave will have more excuses after the game! i know he reads rome topix!!!
JV Parent

Minoa, NY

#283 Oct 4, 2012
Just to let you know, I am predicting that JV wins agains Auburn. Varsity game however, I can't say, only wish them luck. LET'S GO BOYS!!!
jalapeno jose

Utica, NY

#284 Oct 4, 2012
please! no one show up for the last 2 games, we need to send a message!
Gerry Faust

New York, NY

#285 Oct 4, 2012
I used to coach high school and was very successful. I coached Notre Dame but had some issues. I'd be will to coach RFA if you'd like. I really don't need any money but would like to help.
InRome

United States

#286 Oct 4, 2012
Apparent wrote:
<quoted text>
You are getting the best of the few that are willing to put their neck out there in this town... What veteran coach with any common sense would take on this program? At its height, this program was still full of arrogant head cases that carried forawrd none of the life lessons everyone thinks today's kids would receive... only the grudges.
Anyone that thinks they could do better themselves is ALREADY doing it themselves with their kid after every practice and game... None of the RFA greats would take the job because they know the authority they commanded in the past remains in the past.
Calvin Griggs was one of the best and wanted the position but for some reason was overlooked.
jalapeno jose

Utica, NY

#287 Oct 5, 2012
cancel rfa football

KY WELLER

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#288 Oct 5, 2012
InRome wrote:
<quoted text>
Calvin Griggs was one of the best and wanted the position but for some reason was overlooked.
He's a brother...
jalapeno jose

Utica, NY

#289 Oct 6, 2012
A brother of a different mother!!
JV Parent

Minoa, NY

#290 Oct 6, 2012
41-6, JV wins over Auburn in their house! LJ Redpath had a TD, Kyle L had a TD, and Brad D had 4 TD'S! Great job boys!
jalapeno jose

Utica, NY

#291 Oct 6, 2012
big deal the jv's won against a lousy auburn team !!! hahahaha! too bad jv's do not count for shit!!

Since: Jan 08

Rome

#292 Oct 6, 2012
JV Parent wrote:
41-6, JV wins over Auburn in their house! LJ Redpath had a TD, Kyle L had a TD, and Brad D had 4 TD'S! Great job boys!
Go Rome!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Erin Adsit 46 min Whos Jealous 13
Message to Rome police and NA 3 hr Curious 3
Kia Blohm (Sep '12) 3 hr You know 7
Erica Benjamin 4 hr Wtf 12
Back 9 5 hr Karl 9
Tina 5 hr Freak 3
3 Day concert event at Vernon Downs July 2018?? 5 hr Duh 5
Football Game 11 hr Yapping 27

Rome Jobs

More from around the web