RFA football.....laughing stock of RO...

RFA football.....laughing stock of ROME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted in the Rome Forum

First Prev
of 17
Next Last
its who u know

Utica, NY

#1 Sep 1, 2012
rome fans in stands literally laughing saying ...bring in pop warner...what an embarassment! how long does idiot swavely keep his job....in his defense he is not the only idiot on his staff.....they are all idiots....i have never seen a more un prepared football team in my life...same stupid offense ,no tackling,not to mention coaches favorites starting instead of the kids who should start....al least two starters from last year now bench warmers...how do you teach kids dicipline if your a fat slob...clearly stamboly needs to evaluate the entire program and make some serious changes....scrap all the coaches from varsity all the way to modified because if these kids cant tackle,block,run it all starts at the beginning......and why doesnt the school coaches get involved with the pop warner program.....because they think its beneath them..........if you want a succesful program you have to groom your talent not I'll put this guy in and see what happens...!!!!!!!
kevin simons

United States

#2 Sep 1, 2012
Kevin. Stop being bitter over not getting the job...lmao
Joey D

United States

#3 Sep 1, 2012
Why would you put a bunch of teen football players on topix? You sound like a disgruntled parent who's kid didn't get to play. Maybe you should work with him a little more so he's focused and is able to play. As far as the coaching, you do sound as if the previous poster said, p'd off because you didn't get picked. One of the two... Either way, you need to take your problems elsewhere other than this site. It will get you nowhere.
dart

Utica, NY

#4 Sep 1, 2012
i agree totally with its who u know! he is smart!
Fan

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Sep 1, 2012
I agree, maybe you should work on the skills with your child because it is obvious that the coaching staff isn't. Scrap the program if you are just going to keep the same coaches.
JOAN

Utica, NY

#6 Sep 1, 2012
fan is right. we all want swavely out! the sooner the better!
Lol

United States

#7 Sep 1, 2012
dart wrote:
i agree totally with its who u know! he is smart!
You agree with YOURSELF is what you're trying to say. So sad you have to reply to your own comment to make it look like others have agreed with you. Smh..

Since: Aug 11

blossvale

#8 Sep 1, 2012
no i can make money on rfa by putting my money on other team leave it alone
sauce

Utica, NY

#9 Sep 1, 2012
lownboy is right on!
BobDole

New York, NY

#10 Sep 1, 2012
I would say the people at Wal-mart are the laughing stock of Rome but that's just me.
ladadada

Brooklyn, NY

#11 Sep 1, 2012
why don't you all shut your mouths. it was one game. you have nothing better to do with your life but talk shit about players who work their asses of to win? stop being quick to judge.
Fan

Brooklyn, NY

#12 Sep 1, 2012
ladadada wrote:
why don't you all shut your mouths. it was one game. you have nothing better to do with your life but talk shit about players who work their asses of to win? stop being quick to judge.
Did you forget about the past 2 seasons? Three and out! We can only hope they bring in a proven winner to coach. RFA needs more students to tryout and have some real passion for the game. Most of the sports teams have been declining. Of course, not track, field hockey, and a few others.

Rome needs to worry more about academics. The test scores are a disaster. I wonder how many of the students that could be athletes, couldn't make the team or knew they wouldn't be able to play because of poor grades. This isn't just a team issue, it is a community issue.

Despite the lack of talent, the team should still be performing better and it starts with the coaching. The players don't seem prepared to walk on the field. The same issues as the past 2 seasons, and then some. Remove the coaches and start over.
Get Paid

Hamilton, NY

#13 Sep 1, 2012
Only 2000 peole went to game a cording to paper. Damn, I remember 4 to 5 thousand.
cutie

Brooklyn, NY

#14 Sep 1, 2012
Remove the coaches including JV and modified. They don't encourage teamwork...no huddles before games with players getting amped up, half of players sit on bench when not playing. How come they are not all standing together like the other teams? When players get hurt and are layed out on the field no players take a knee anymore. The coaches are an embarrassment...the kids who work their ass*s off don't play as much as they should, there is an obvious group of favorites that plays regardless of how many times they make the same mistakes! Overall a complete circus....
Number 12

Harrisville, NY

#15 Sep 1, 2012
Not the coaches fault. Need to recruit the way Texas does if you want a winner. If you don't keep recruiting from Buffalo / Rochester metro area.
carne

Utica, NY

#16 Sep 1, 2012
ladadada is a complete jackass!they will lose every game!they work their asses off? hahahaha!tHAT JERK MUST BE SWAVELY'S WIFE! TRADITION HAS GONE INTO THE GARBAGE CAN!THESE KIDS DON'T EVEN REMEMBER WHEN RFA WAS GREAT! THEY ONLY KNOW LOSING NOW! BUNCH OF SAD ASS LOSERS! DISBAND THE TEAM!
Jayson

Utica, NY

#17 Sep 2, 2012
Are the Rotundo kids playing? Their uncle told me the one was an outstanding QB and should start after transferring over to RFA.
Ben there

Ilion, NY

#18 Sep 2, 2012
RFA football use to be an absolute winning program back in the 80's, coach Hoke and Myslinksky were GODS! They ran the program like a machine and were #1 in the state! They played the best teams from the state including the NYC area teams and beat them! They were comparable to very good college teams and I bet they could have beaten many of them too. Too bad they have sunk down to such a low status. Yes, the coaches need to coach properly but you don't have the large pool of kids you had back then (when Griffiss was open) not to mention the kids these days don't have the drive and determination they use to. Football back then was a lifestyle not just something you do. Too bad they lost their way.
squirt

Utica, NY

#19 Sep 2, 2012
kids are on drugs nowadays, they don't even know they are on the field!
arm

Utica, NY

#20 Sep 2, 2012
i for one will not attend any more rfa football games, one was enough! many people left at halftime, the seats were emptied!i guess the only people that might go are the parents who have a child in the program!i will return some day if we ever become a force once more!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 17
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sunoco armed robbery 45 min Snitch 19
Sandy Russell and josh (Sep '14) 50 min Cnt 5
Scum forced way into house 5 hr Notavictim 1
Rick zamiello jr 6 hr None of your busi... 1
Reiley 7 hr Concerned 3
Toby Wilson 7 hr methman 14
Voegler 7 hr Blake 4
Dominick N. 11 hr Hello 56

Rome Jobs

More from around the web