Youth hockey players needed
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Happy Gilmore

Brooklyn, NY

#24 Nov 3, 2012
Thats a Perfect example.... Parents will do anything to make sure their kid get the most ice time...

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#25 Nov 3, 2012
BEANS BURRITTO wrote:
SCREW HOCKEY
Beans Burrritto, your girl is still looking for the meat.
Hockey04

Fayetteville, NY

#26 Dec 1, 2012
Do not join center state hockey. After what I wittnessed at a mite game today they should banish the program.
Sticks and Skates

New York, NY

#27 Dec 2, 2012
Hockey04 wrote:
Do not join center state hockey. After what I wittnessed at a mite game today they should banish the program.
Do tell
Sticks and Skates

New York, NY

#28 Dec 2, 2012
Hockey04 wrote:
Lost huh?
just wondering

Rome, NY

#29 Dec 2, 2012
What wrote:
<quoted text> Really, so why do i need to get off the bath salts, hockey isnt the most exciting sport? What is and why then?
NASCAR is the MOST exciting sport! Hockey SUCKS!
Hockey04

Worcester, MA

#30 Dec 2, 2012
No actually won both games. And did not even play center state but it involved a coach from CS and one of my friends kids. And the kid is 7. Nice try
Hockey04

Worcester, MA

#31 Dec 2, 2012
Sticks and Skates wrote:
<quoted text>
Lost huh?
I understand this quote because 99% of topix is whining people not getting their way. At this time I will not post incident that I did see. I will respect my friend and his wife's wishes. But after what I saw no wonder they have to beg for players from other towns.
lovethestrike

Utica, NY

#32 Dec 3, 2012
i'm so glad hockey is gone forever,what a boring game!!!
Amen

Hamilton, NY

#33 Aug 10, 2013
Hockeydad wrote:
<quoted text>
A lot left because there is better out there. There is better out there. Kids who want to play were stuck with kids who were forced to be there or were just there for fun. They had no desire to get better or learn skills. The kids that wanted to play were sick of spending practices doing basics and not improving. When you have misfits on a team threatening teammates and swearing at coaches you move on.
The hockey association in Rome is a dying thing. Went from 2-3 teams at 5 levels plus the learning groups to a total of 6 teams and a learning group. They had to farm out kids to other associations so not to 'turn them away'. In five years there won't be a hockey association in Rome.
Like all associations it's a numbers game. It's time the local associations band together to try to roster a few competitive travel teams at each level so that kids of similar skill sets, ability, and desire can play together to reach their maximum potential and the kids that chose to play more recreationally have a fun experience. Wake up local associations - the Mohawk Valley Youth Hockey Association has the right idea - if local associations don't work together we will all end up at Mohawk Valley and all the others will fold.
mealtime

Utica, NY

#34 Aug 11, 2013
we hate hockey
Great

Ardsley, NY

#35 Aug 11, 2013
Great sport, always wanted to play (I am a female) but the cost was too great for my family to afford. Would attract more players if it wasn't for that.
stop light

Utica, NY

#37 Aug 14, 2013
girls can't play hockey
Amen

Hamilton, NY

#38 Oct 13, 2013
Drama
Hockey17

Hamilton, NY

#39 Oct 13, 2013
My son is 3 1/2 and is amazing with a stick! He has to be 4 to start???
Amazing

Hamilton, NY

#40 Nov 7, 2013
Amazing progress for the Rome Hockey this year
Silver Stick

Hamilton, NY

#42 Dec 10, 2013
Fun tourney this weekend! Teams that thought they would take it all did not.
Silver Stick

Brattleboro, VT

#43 Dec 10, 2013
Congrats Rome.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rome Black Community Center R&B Night 12 min Tyrellis 1
Filthy Panty Crotch Herpes 13 min Random Humor Fan 2
Rome Black Community Center 17 min Tyrellis 3
Tom Carney 20 min Tweettweet 8
alcoholic flag annsville 32 min taberg teah 4
News Police: Reward offered in 'serious' assault of ... 1 hr TyRome 25
roids in rome 1 hr Go Kill Yourself 27

Rome Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance