Youth hockey players needed

Posted in the Rome Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Hockey USA

New York, NY

#1 Oct 18, 2012
Center State is looking for more Hockey Players!!

Register Now!!

It is not too late to register!

Roster spots open at all levels!

Plenty of Bantam and Midget spots available!

centerstate youth hockey
hot tamale

Utica, NY

#3 Oct 19, 2012
hockey is on strike and it sucks. the worst sport ever invented!
Joan

United States

#4 Oct 29, 2012
I heard Rome is turning kids away

KY WELLER

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#5 Oct 29, 2012
Hockey USA wrote:
Center State is looking for more Hockey Players!!
Register Now!!
It is not too late to register!
Roster spots open at all levels!
Plenty of Bantam and Midget spots available!
centerstate youth hockey
Do we have to take out a mortgage for our kids to play?
Tin

United States

#6 Oct 29, 2012
Hockey is a dying sport. Just like rfa football. Hockey is to expensive.
Hockey USA

Campbell, NY

#7 Oct 29, 2012
I think it is 450 for the season. They play @ Morrisville College. If you know of anyone looking for a team. Centerstateyouthhockey.com
Love Hockey

Vernon, NY

#9 Oct 29, 2012
Love Hockey.....but the cost is crazy for children!!!!!! Sorry good luck with that
What

United States

#10 Oct 30, 2012
Joan wrote:
I heard Rome is turning kids away
Why would they turn kids away? I heard Alot left.
What

United States

#11 Oct 30, 2012
hot tamale wrote:
hockey is on strike and it sucks. the worst sport ever invented!
There is No other sport Better than hockey, r u crazy? Whats more exciting than hockey? Football- where they run and jump on eachother? Slow Baseball? Hockey has the most skill and excitement!!
Tin

United States

#12 Oct 30, 2012
What wrote:
<quoted text> Why would they turn kids away? I heard Alot left.
Numbers are actually up!! You have bad information. Probably from some disgruntled ex board member. Get a life.
RomanRoller

Hamilton, NY

#13 Oct 30, 2012
What wrote:
<quoted text> There is No other sport Better than hockey, r u crazy? Whats more exciting than hockey? Football- where they run and jump on eachother? Slow Baseball? Hockey has the most skill and excitement!!
You may be right, but Lacrosse is a very close second!
Roman

Dover, DE

#14 Oct 30, 2012
What wrote:
<quoted text> There is No other sport Better than hockey, r u crazy? Whats more exciting than hockey? Football- where they run and jump on eachother? Slow Baseball? Hockey has the most skill and excitement!!
You need to get off the BATH SALTS!
What

United States

#15 Oct 30, 2012
Roman wrote:
<quoted text>You need to get off the BATH SALTS!
Really, so why do i need to get off the bath salts, hockey isnt the most exciting sport? What is and why then?
Hockeydad

Brooklyn, NY

#16 Nov 1, 2012
What wrote:
<quoted text> Why would they turn kids away? I heard Alot left.
A lot left because there is better out there. There is better out there. Kids who want to play were stuck with kids who were forced to be there or were just there for fun. They had no desire to get better or learn skills. The kids that wanted to play were sick of spending practices doing basics and not improving. When you have misfits on a team threatening teammates and swearing at coaches you move on.

The hockey association in Rome is a dying thing. Went from 2-3 teams at 5 levels plus the learning groups to a total of 6 teams and a learning group. They had to farm out kids to other associations so not to 'turn them away'. In five years there won't be a hockey association in Rome.
Roman

Dover, DE

#17 Nov 1, 2012
What wrote:
<quoted text> Really, so why do i need to get off the bath salts, hockey isnt the most exciting sport? What is and why then?
Car Racing is ALOT more exciting than hockey!
BEANS BURRITTO

Utica, NY

#18 Nov 1, 2012
hockey sucks, i'm so glad pro hockey is on strike
Hockey USA

New York, NY

#19 Nov 1, 2012
Hockeydad wrote:
<quoted text>A lot left because there is better out there. There is better out there. Kids who want to play were stuck with kids who were forced to be there or were just there for fun. They had no desire to get better or learn skills. The kids that wanted to play were sick of spending practices doing basics and not improving. When you have misfits on a team threatening teammates and swearing at coaches you move on.

The hockey association in Rome is a dying thing. Went from 2-3 teams at 5 levels plus the learning groups to a total of 6 teams and a learning group. They had to farm out kids to other associations so not to 'turn them away'. In five years there won't be a hockey association in Rome.
Unfortunately you are correct. This is the problem we have. The kids that didn't want to play finally quit once they realized that they would get hit at the Bantam Level. We are left with 7 skaters and a Goalie. The nice thing about having so few numbers is that all these boys that really WANT to play are going to have tons of ice time. Plus the coaches are able to work more directly with them
BEANS BURRITTO

Utica, NY

#20 Nov 1, 2012
SCREW HOCKEY
Happy Gilmore

AOL

#22 Nov 1, 2012
To much politics.....To much money.....To many terrible parent coaches that are there to make sure their kid gets the most ice time...
ref

Marcy, NY

#23 Nov 2, 2012
Parent coaches are the reason I won't go back to coaching. The kids are great, but every parent has the next gretzky and knows how to best run a hockey team.
If you know so much, you get behind the bench! Of course after taking the 8 hour level 1 training and the 10 hour on line course work, then level 2 and the 10 hour on line course work, then level 3 and the 10 hour course work, then level 4....oh you get the idea.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Adrian J. Coonrod 3 hr MVPSCHIEF 5
Stamboly removed? 3 hr Waiting for new AD 48
fire swavely again (Sep '14) 4 hr Pop 104
the clover in rome N.Y. 4 hr Pop 4
Fried Chicken 4 hr Pop 6
Snubbing Post (Jan '12) 5 hr Penny 60
Hillary or trump? 6 hr Squeegee and Bucket 22
Mr. Ripa arrested 9 hr what 11

Rome Jobs

More from around the web