Mars One Project to Colonize Mars

Mars One Project to Colonize Mars

Posted in the Rome Forum

gottothinking

Brooklyn, NY

#1 May 8, 2013
I've been following this for some time now. at first, everyone thought i was crazy when i told them that there was actually a company that was going to colonize mars. as of now, there's over 78,000 applications that have been submitted in just over 2 weeks! this says so many things in my mind but i'm gonna focus on just a couple, and keep it short. I'll leave it up to you, as usual, to speculate and voice your opinions. Now the first thing i thought was, wow, people must really be pretty fed up with things here on earth if that many people, in that short of time, applied. Or of course, there's a lot of people willing to do their part as humanity to spread ourselves across the galaxy. Then it just hit me, and of course this may sound extreme, or does it, just hear me out. With all the seemingly endless number of government conspiracies and cover ups, and now this story recently in the news about NASA building some kind of contraption to retrieve an asteroid or possibly land on and drill an asteroid, which yes i know, sounds like something out of the movie " Armageddon ", could we possibly be facing an extinct level event that the government isn't telling us about, and this one way ticket to mars project is just humanities way of keeping our species alive! I know it sounds crazy, but we are going to mars people, sooner then you think. What are your thoughts?
brainwaves

Brooklyn, NY

#2 May 8, 2013
could be!
coolbeans

Brooklyn, NY

#3 May 8, 2013
where do i sign up?
stayinghere

Brooklyn, NY

#4 May 8, 2013
alright i guess if you're single and no kids. man that would be a touch decision!
poif

Brooklyn, NY

#5 May 9, 2013
let's go !!!
ooc

Brooklyn, NY

#6 May 9, 2013
there's been a lot, and i mean a lot of activity lately and events taking place that could very well prove this to be true. really, all i did a few days ago was spend about an hour between NASA, following the story about colonizing mars, and a few other related topics/stories, and i was starting to wonder myself!
hoax

Utica, NY

#7 May 9, 2013
they haven't even gone to the moon yet you moron!!!
letsgo

Brooklyn, NY

#8 May 10, 2013
how do i sign up
voyager

Brooklyn, NY

#10 May 12, 2013
there used to be a time where if there was a space launch of any kind, just about everyone would be glued to the tv. for decades we've talked about going to and colonizing other planets and now that the time is here it's like no one cares! diaper fetishes get more attention on this site which really says a lot about peoples interests in this city. example, look at the comment "hoax" made, what is he talking about the moon for?
justsayin

Brooklyn, NY

#11 May 12, 2013
checked the story about NASA's contraption, true. checked story about one way ticket to mars, true. it's like everything in the movies coming true!

“Re-align with nature ”

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#14 Sep 4, 2013
Space Capsule Assignment Mars.
Interesting to see how far they get, before the great, departure.

'biggist no-show on Earth','like the olympics in media revenue.' They hoped. I doubt it somehow.
Why Mars?
Because religion doesn't pay in the space age day?
The believers have their doomed cult.
Ultra liberal

United States

#15 Sep 7, 2013
gottothinking wrote:
I've been following this for some time now. at first, everyone thought i was crazy when i told them that there was actually a company that was going to colonize mars. as of now, there's over 78,000 applications that have been submitted in just over 2 weeks! this says so many things in my mind but i'm gonna focus on just a couple, and keep it short. I'll leave it up to you, as usual, to speculate and voice your opinions. Now the first thing i thought was, wow, people must really be pretty fed up with things here on earth if that many people, in that short of time, applied. Or of course, there's a lot of people willing to do their part as humanity to spread ourselves across the galaxy. Then it just hit me, and of course this may sound extreme, or does it, just hear me out. With all the seemingly endless number of government conspiracies and cover ups, and now this story recently in the news about NASA building some kind of contraption to retrieve an asteroid or possibly land on and drill an asteroid, which yes i know, sounds like something out of the movie " Armageddon ", could we possibly be facing an extinct level event that the government isn't telling us about, and this one way ticket to mars project is just humanities way of keeping our species alive! I know it sounds crazy, but we are going to mars people, sooner then you think. What are your thoughts?
Once Obama leave office our space program will return to the greatness we witnessed in the sixties and early seventies. Did you see Obama and Putin at the G20 summit. Obama better be nice to Putin or he won't give us rides to the international space station that we paid for and developed the technology for .... Obama is a small man.
Outter space

Santa Barbara, CA

#16 Sep 10, 2013
Ultra liberal wrote:
<quoted text>
Once Obama leave office our space program will return to the greatness we witnessed in the sixties and early seventies. Did you see Obama and Putin at the G20 summit. Obama better be nice to Putin or he won't give us rides to the international space station that we paid for and developed the technology for .... Obama is a small man.
He is a really small man. Disgusting!!
Edgar the moon walker

Santa Barbara, CA

#17 Sep 12, 2013
Outter space wrote:
<quoted text>
He is a really small man. Disgusting!!
Time to forget about Obama and start our own program. Anybody remember that Andy Griffith show where he owned a junkyard and built spaceships with the junk. Obviously this is a little strange but with the right investors the private sector would do much better that the government sector - aka NASA. If the private sector were engaged earlier we'd be having missions leaving the solar system by now. The technology could be developed but the government has lost it's ability to innovate.
Really

Dover, DE

#18 Sep 12, 2013
gottothinking wrote:
My thought is you need to get of the drugs...y9ou sound like a drugged out idiot!
UFT

Utica, NY

#19 Sep 12, 2013
Edgar the moon walker wrote:
<quoted text>
Time to forget about Obama and start our own program. Anybody remember that Andy Griffith show where he owned a junkyard and built spaceships with the junk. Obviously this is a little strange but with the right investors the private sector would do much better that the government sector - aka NASA. If the private sector were engaged earlier we'd be having missions leaving the solar system by now. The technology could be developed but the government has lost it's ability to innovate.
They are called Space X and Virgin Galactic. check them both out. pretty awesome stuff.

http://www.virgingalactic.com/
http://www.spacex.com/
Really

Dover, DE

#20 Sep 12, 2013
well goofballl..they are not going to MARS...they are for low orbit in outerspace...you belong on MArs...
Greyptilian

Paris, France

#22 Jan 7, 2014
Mars One is fake and gay, lol !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police: Man charged after forcibly touching Wal... 23 min toot toot 6
elks 2 hr Laura 17
Good Gym in Rome? 2 hr John Cenaintowski 70
Old Marcy Insane Asylum (Oct '10) 10 hr John Morrison 927
Tyler Edick (Apr '13) 12 hr Fuckoffscarface 4
Jason terry 13 hr Fuckoffscarface 4
News Police: Woman indicted on charges of stealing $... 13 hr 16 TEEN SHOTS 25

Rome Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance