Comments
1 - 20 of 24 Comments Last updated Oct 4, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
hank brackett

Durhamville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Sep 27, 2013
 
Anyone know why the Rome Sentinel didn't report the story of 2 boys over at Rose Garden apts. playing with toy handguns? Someone turned them in, the RPD investigated, and went away. Then they came back later and gave the boy's mother an appearance ticket for the boys playing with the toy guns. Nothing in the Sentinel.
KIM

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Sep 27, 2013
 
hank brackett wrote:
Anyone know why the Rome Sentinel didn't report the story of 2 boys over at Rose Garden apts. playing with toy handguns? Someone turned them in, the RPD investigated, and went away. Then they came back later and gave the boy's mother an appearance ticket for the boys playing with the toy guns. Nothing in the Sentinel.
yes there was you just didn't look it is even online the mother is mad
Dumb

King George, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Sep 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Another spoiled kid who's mom who is sticking up for him. Never the kids fault whether it was real or not. In public,fake gun or not not a smart decision. But mom has to make a scene. Typical.
KIM

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Sep 28, 2013
 
hank brackett wrote:
Anyone know why the Rome Sentinel didn't report the story of 2 boys over at Rose Garden apts. playing with toy handguns? Someone turned them in, the RPD investigated, and went away. Then they came back later and gave the boy's mother an appearance ticket for the boys playing with the toy guns. Nothing in the Sentinel.
http://romesentinel.com/news...

Teens charged in airsoft gun incident

Two juveniles were charged with unlawfully possessing airsoft guns earlier this summer after law enforcers said they were shooting at people at the FasTrac store on Black River Boulevard.

According to state law, it is illegal for anyone under the age of 16 to possess an air-gun. The identities of the juveniles were not released due to their young ages.

The mother of one of the teens recently spoke to local media disputing the charges. She declined to comment for this story.

Police Chief Kevin C. Beach said his officers responded June 1 to a report of "shots fired" at the FasTrac on the boulevard.

"Speaking with some individuals in the parking lot that reported they were being shot at by some yellow plastic BBs, is how they described it," Beach explained. At least one man was hit in the arm, while other people reported seeing their cars hit, Beach said.

The people directed the officers towards two teenage males shooting the guns from the nearby Rose Garden Apartments.

"The officers walked over, the two parties fled from them," Beach stated. "They were later able to identify two juveniles as being responsible."

The chief said the case was turned over to the departmentís Juvenile Aid Division, and the teens were both charged with unlawful possession of a weapon by a person under the age of 16. Beach said they were charged as juvenile delinquents in Family Court. Cases and dispositions in Family Court are not publicly released.

"Iím confident that if there were charges filed in Family Court, that they were appropriate," Beach stated.

The people who reported the incident to police were interviewed by the officers, but they declined to press charges, Beach explained.
hank brackett

Durhamville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Sep 28, 2013
 
KIM wrote:
<quoted text>
http://romesentinel.com/news...
Teens charged in airsoft gun incident
Two juveniles were charged with unlawfully possessing airsoft guns earlier this summer after law enforcers said they were shooting at people at the FasTrac store on Black River Boulevard
The mother of one of the teens recently spoke to local media disputing the charges. She declined to comment for this story.
Police Chief Kevin C. Beach said his officers responded June 1 to a report of "shots fired" at the FasTrac on the boulevard.
"Speaking with some individuals in the parking lot that reported they were being shot at by some yellow plastic BBs, is how they described it," Beach explained. At least one man was hit in the arm, while other people reported seeing their cars hit, Beach said.
The people directed the officers towards two teenage males shooting the guns from the nearby Rose Garden Apartments.
"The officers walked over, the two parties fled from them," Beach stated. "They were later able to identify two juveniles as being responsible."
The chief said the case was turned over to the departmentís Juvenile Aid Division, and the teens were both charged with unlawful possession of a weapon by a person under the age of 16. Beach said they were charged as juvenile delinquents in Family Court. Cases and dispositions in Family Court are not publicly released.
"Iím confident that if there were charges filed in Family Court, that they were appropriate," Beach stated.
The people who reported the incident to police were interviewed by the officers, but they declined to press charges, Beach explained.
June 1st????????? WKTV just reported this last Wed. nite, 9-25!!!
Abbie Mills

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Sep 28, 2013
 
hank brackett wrote:
Anyone know why the Rome Sentinel didn't report the story of 2 boys over at Rose Garden apts. playing with toy handguns? Someone turned them in, the RPD investigated, and went away. Then they came back later and gave the boy's mother an appearance ticket for the boys playing with the toy guns. Nothing in the Sentinel.
They are not toy guns. They are sold in the sporting goods department or the gun department. They are also sold at Hot Shot Tactical.
KIM

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Sep 28, 2013
 
hank brackett wrote:
<quoted text>
June 1st????????? WKTV just reported this last Wed. nite, 9-25!!!
So did the Rome Sentinel
KIM

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Sep 28, 2013
 
Abbie Mills wrote:
<quoted text>They are not toy guns. They are sold in the sporting goods department or the gun department. They are also sold at Hot Shot Tactical.
I agree the kids Mother is a snot
hank brackett

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Sep 29, 2013
 
The Sentinel had an article about this in Sat. nite's (9-28) paper. Doesn't alter the fact this happened almost 4 months ago.
Duckman

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Sep 30, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

KIM wrote:
<quoted text>
http://romesentinel.com/news...
Teens charged in airsoft gun incident
Two juveniles were charged with unlawfully possessing airsoft guns earlier this summer after law enforcers said they were shooting at people at the FasTrac store on Black River Boulevard.
According to state law, it is illegal for anyone under the age of 16 to possess an air-gun. The identities of the juveniles were not released due to their young ages.
The mother of one of the teens recently spoke to local media disputing the charges. She declined to comment for this story.
Police Chief Kevin C. Beach said his officers responded June 1 to a report of "shots fired" at the FasTrac on the boulevard.
"Speaking with some individuals in the parking lot that reported they were being shot at by some yellow plastic BBs, is how they described it," Beach explained. At least one man was hit in the arm, while other people reported seeing their cars hit, Beach said.
The people directed the officers towards two teenage males shooting the guns from the nearby Rose Garden Apartments.
"The officers walked over, the two parties fled from them," Beach stated. "They were later able to identify two juveniles as being responsible."
The chief said the case was turned over to the departmentís Juvenile Aid Division, and the teens were both charged with unlawful possession of a weapon by a person under the age of 16. Beach said they were charged as juvenile delinquents in Family Court. Cases and dispositions in Family Court are not publicly released.
"Iím confident that if there were charges filed in Family Court, that they were appropriate," Beach stated.
The people who reported the incident to police were interviewed by the officers, but they declined to press charges, Beach explained.
Kim I am not aware of any state law that makes it illegal for a kid under the age of 16 to have an air gun. The kids were under adult supervision and a parent or legal guardian can purchase them and give them to the kids. How they use them is up to the adult to teach them properly. I think someone is reading more into the law then what it was intended for. No doubt the case will end up being dismissed if it goes to court at all. My kids have BB guns and pellet guns and there is nothing illegal about them having them in their own yard. If a kid is stupid to point or shoot at someone (as the claim they did) then they, and the adult need their ass kicked. That much I will agree with. If nothing else fine the adult 500.00 for failing to properly supervise their kids.
Duckman

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Sep 30, 2013
 
By the way in case you want to know where I got my information from. I got it from the ordinance book from the city of Rome, as well as the Internet.

United States: State of New York:
Sale and possession of air guns are not regulated federally, nor are they regulated by most state and local governments. A few States and municipalities which do restrict or prohibit air gun sales or possession in some manner are San Francisco, New York City, Camden, New Jersey and Newark, New Jersey. Johnson City, Tennessee; Massachusetts, Chicago, Philadelphia, and the States of Illinois, Michigan[31] and California. Additionally, ordinances in many cities prohibit the discharge of air guns outdoors outside of an approved range.

Some states, such as Virginia, classify a pellet gun or BB gun as a firearm. In Virginia, certain case law has determined that, during certain criminal conduct, air guns are firearms.

Air guns were banned in San Francisco, but a state preemption statute struck down the ban, and the San Francisco District Attorney declared them legal as long as in compliance with state law.[
Here

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Oct 1, 2013
 
Duckman wrote:
<quoted text>
Kim I am not aware of any state law that makes it illegal for a kid under the age of 16 to have an air gun. The kids were under adult supervision and a parent or legal guardian can purchase them and give them to the kids. How they use them is up to the adult to teach them properly. I think someone is reading more into the law then what it was intended for. No doubt the case will end up being dismissed if it goes to court at all. My kids have BB guns and pellet guns and there is nothing illegal about them having them in their own yard. If a kid is stupid to point or shoot at someone (as the claim they did) then they, and the adult need their ass kicked. That much I will agree with. If nothing else fine the adult 500.00 for failing to properly supervise their kids.
Just because you are unaware of it does not mean it does not exist. There is a law,Article 265 of the NYS Penal Law subsection cited it for you here:

S 265.05 Unlawful possession of weapons by persons under sixteen.
It shall be unlawful for any person under the age of sixteen to
possess any air-gun, spring-gun or other instrument or weapon in which
the propelling force is a spring or air, or any gun or any instrument or
weapon in or upon which any loaded or blank cartridges may be used, or
any loaded or blank cartridges or ammunition therefor, or any dangerous
knife; provided that the possession of rifle or shotgun or ammunition
therefor by the holder of a hunting license or permit issued pursuant to
article eleven of the environmental conservation law and used in
accordance with said law shall not be governed by this section.
A person who violates the provisions of this section shall be
adjudged a juvenile delinquent.
wow

Hampton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Oct 1, 2013
 
Here wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because you are unaware of it does not mean it does not exist. There is a law,Article 265 of the NYS Penal Law subsection cited it for you here:
S 265.05 Unlawful possession of weapons by persons under sixteen.
It shall be unlawful for any person under the age of sixteen to
possess any air-gun, spring-gun or other instrument or weapon in which
the propelling force is a spring or air, or any gun or any instrument or
weapon in or upon which any loaded or blank cartridges may be used, or
any loaded or blank cartridges or ammunition therefor, or any dangerous
knife; provided that the possession of rifle or shotgun or ammunition
therefor by the holder of a hunting license or permit issued pursuant to
article eleven of the environmental conservation law and used in
accordance with said law shall not be governed by this section.
A person who violates the provisions of this section shall be
adjudged a juvenile delinquent.
i guess duckman just can't read...
soooooo

Hampton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Oct 1, 2013
 
does that mean paintball guns are illegal too???

guess I am going to prison...my 11 year old son and I go paintballing all the time.

What was i thinking, spending quality time with my son like that. What a horrible parent i am.
Mary

Oneida, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Oct 1, 2013
 
In simple terms, it cant be right to shot at folks period let alone shot at people on a different property.
Mary

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Oct 1, 2013
 
They need a reporter that knows how to report.
Mary

Oneida, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Oct 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

soooooo wrote:
does that mean paintball guns are illegal too???
guess I am going to prison...my 11 year old son and I go paintballing all the time.
What was i thinking, spending quality time with my son like that. What a horrible parent i am.
It seems that you are a great parent. Spending time with you child is what matters. I am willing to bet that if you saw your child throwing a sharp stick, shooting a sling shot, etc at some one in the next yard over you would let the child know that was wrong. It gets more serious when a weapon (as is a sling shot or sharp stick) like an airsoft gun is used on unsuspecting people. Airsoft guns can shot 300-400 feet per second. In untrained hands that can be a real danger. I am totally against gun control laws. BUT at some point personal/parental responsibility has to kick in. We dont want to give the anti gun people anymore "ammo". Thanks
Mad Mommy

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Oct 1, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

KIM wrote:
<quoted text>
yes there was you just didn't look it is even online the mother is mad
Doesn't Mom work at Rome City Court , it seems as though the whole incident has been blown out of proportion. What do you expect though .... Ask yourself why the news release 4 mos after the incident and now the Chief gets involved? I think it's time for a change in leadership because one hand doesn't know what the other one is doing ! The incident made NYS news and it an embarrassment.
ABC

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Oct 1, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

Mad Mommy wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't Mom work at Rome City Court , it seems as though the whole incident has been blown out of proportion. What do you expect though .... Ask yourself why the news release 4 mos after the incident and now the Chief gets involved? I think it's time for a change in leadership because one hand doesn't know what the other one is doing ! The incident made NYS news and it an embarrassment.
The chief didn't get "involved" until the mother went complaining to the news media, who then asked the chief for comment, which he gave. You people would find it suspicious if he did give comment and suspicious if he didn't. They had ONE side of the story, so they went and got the other. It's pretty simple.

Since you pointed it out, don't you find it strange that not only does she work at the court, but she has relatives at RPD, and yet her kid STILL was charged? THAT should give you all the clues you need.
Spoiled

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Oct 1, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

Next he'll fire a shotgun and momma will be there by his side blaming someone else. Get a grip lady act like a parent.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

109 Users are viewing the Rome Forum right now

Search the Rome Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
wing night 7 min step back 9
Welfare people are not even human 12 min beans tostada_corrections 3
Second suspect arrested in connection with whee... 56 min Pam 2
name the biggest breasts in rome 1 hr the bitch 10
paul core (Apr '13) 1 hr Damn 14
Jk is back again 2 hr Michelle 4
todd baker fight 2 hr Habanero Harv 15
Raspberry's at Friendly's 2 hr Habanero Harv 60
Historic house JAMES ST 2 hr Habanero Harv 27
foolsco speaks 2 hr Habanero Harv 29
Eilenberg at the Rome Parade 2 hr Habanero Harv 11
•••
•••
•••
Rome Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Rome Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Rome People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Rome News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Rome
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••