Review: Gem Boutique

Posted in the Rome Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
diamondsarentfor ever

Hamilton, NY

#1 Feb 25, 2014
This place seems quite sketchy to me. Not sure if I'd trust spending my hard earned money here. I've heard some scary things.
Just Looking

Utica, NY

#2 Feb 25, 2014
diamondsarentforever wrote:
This place seems quite sketchy to me. Not sure if I'd trust spending my hard earned money here. I've heard some scary things.
They sell some unique jewelry there at fair prices. If you think it is "sketchy" go waste your hard earned money at a high priced store at the mall then. It is a great place and the owner knows her stuff and is friendly and approachable.
Not really

Lexington, MA

#3 Feb 25, 2014
I don't know about sketchy but I feel definitely overpriced and the owner is a condescending snot.
pepper

Verona, NY

#4 Mar 2, 2014
I agree. I went in there once and she thinks shes better then who walks in. I saw stuff I liked but wont go back.
Nope

Albany, NY

#5 Mar 2, 2014
Just Looking wrote:
<quoted text>
They sell some unique jewelry there at fair prices. If you think it is "sketchy" go waste your hard earned money at a high priced store at the mall then. It is a great place and the owner knows her stuff and is friendly and approachable.
I disagree. She talks a good game but really is not that knowledgeable. I have a friend who went in there and she told her there was "no such thing" as the stone she was wearing in her ring! A simple look at a jewel book or a reliable internet source would have told her it did, and just because she didn't sell it to her she was being ignorant and a snot. Worst part is it was FAR from an unusual stone. I wouldn't trust her personally, but that's your problem.
Where

Hamilton, NY

#6 Mar 2, 2014
Where is this place?
Wow

Ardsley, NY

#7 Mar 3, 2014
I happen to find Kelly very pleasent and knowledgeable when asked, if she doesn't know the answer she will say so and research and get back to you ASAP. Her husband does custom settings that are beautiful and she has sales at least once a month. The prices are not bad at all, she will let you use her loop and look for yourself. Don't go around bashing a small business trying in Rome when "you're not sure". To the person who said she talks like she's better than people that come in there .... You have to be kidding or hate her for some reason because I've been there when the store was packed and she knew everyone's name and was just as attentive and pleasent to each person. Stop being bitter and take her for who she really is putting out there. She is a genuinely good person and her business seems to be doing well for being open not so often.
Ummmmm

Blossvale, NY

#8 Mar 3, 2014
Wow wrote:
I happen to find Kelly very pleasent and knowledgeable when asked, if she doesn't know the answer she will say so and research and get back to you ASAP. Her husband does custom settings that are beautiful and she has sales at least once a month. The prices are not bad at all, she will let you use her loop and look for yourself. Don't go around bashing a small business trying in Rome when "you're not sure". To the person who said she talks like she's better than people that come in there .... You have to be kidding or hate her for some reason because I've been there when the store was packed and she knew everyone's name and was just as attentive and pleasent to each person. Stop being bitter and take her for who she really is putting out there. She is a genuinely good person and her business seems to be doing well for being open not so often.
You gotta love someone "defending" this girl then not so subtly slamming her at the end for being open "not so often" lmao. Typical entitled Rome business. Never open but pi*sed they can't pay their bills. Stupid.
Rome Yankees

Blossvale, NY

#9 Mar 3, 2014
Kelly is a great person and all her jewelry is very reasonable. She finds the old stuff that was made it was made right ! Not the junk they sell today! Go through your money away at the overpriced stores, I love the Gem Boutique and will always buy from her. I've bought jewelry for yrs and the Gem Boutique is by far the best in town. People that have no knowledge of gems or jewelry should go to walmart ,
Rome Yankees

Blossvale, NY

#10 Mar 3, 2014
Who said they can't pay their bills is stupid ! They own a beautiful house full of antiques and they own the building there buss is located!
Where

Hamilton, NY

#11 Mar 3, 2014
Where is this place please
Just Looking

Kirkville, NY

#12 Mar 3, 2014
Rome Yankees wrote:
Kelly is a great person and all her jewelry is very reasonable. She finds the old stuff that was made it was made right ! Not the junk they sell today! Go through your money away at the overpriced stores, I love the Gem Boutique and will always buy from her. I've bought jewelry for yrs and the Gem Boutique is by far the best in town. People that have no knowledge of gems or jewelry should go to walmart ,
I agree. I have bought many great pieces of jewelry there and they have great quality and are unique. People often compliment me on things on have bought there. Go to the mall for overpriced items and pay for the huge overhead.!! The owner is nice and very down to earth.
Ummmmm

Blossvale, NY

#13 Mar 3, 2014
Rome Yankees wrote:
Who said they can't pay their bills is stupid ! They own a beautiful house full of antiques and they own the building there buss is located!
Then I guess Kelly must be stupid, because she complained to a relative of mine who came into the business not that long ago. Now what dumba*s?
Hmmmm

Ardsley, NY

#14 Mar 4, 2014
Maybe she just complained in general about how ridiculous heat/electric bills are etc. I mean they are feeling ridiculous! It's not a slam saying she's not open as often, her hours and days are just different than other places. I always get compliments on things I get from there, she can tell me everything about the piece. She also promotes herkimer diamonds which is wonderful because they're local. You don't see many places like this in a town like Rome, lets not ruin this business with some crap being spewed on here.
gemguy

Hamilton, NY

#15 Mar 26, 2014
Nope wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree. She talks a good game but really is not that knowledgeable. I have a friend who went in there and she told her there was "no such thing" as the stone she was wearing in her ring! A simple look at a jewel book or a reliable internet source would have told her it did, and just because she didn't sell it to her she was being ignorant and a snot. Worst part is it was FAR from an unusual stone. I wouldn't trust her personally, but that's your problem.
What as the stone??
Nope

Utica, NY

#16 Mar 26, 2014
gemguy wrote:
<quoted text>
What as the stone??
I don't want to say, only because she would know who my friend was and I wouldn't put it past her to take it out on her if she could. Let's just say it was a pretty common semi-precious stone. Nothing rare by any stretch.
mr-purrfekt

Frankfort, NY

#17 Mar 26, 2014
Kelly is a hot cougar. I would nail that to the wall and eat it for breakfast lunch and dinner if I got the chance.
gemguy

Syracuse, NY

#18 Mar 27, 2014
Nope wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't want to say, only because she would know who my friend was and I wouldn't put it past her to take it out on her if she could. Let's just say it was a pretty common semi-precious stone. Nothing rare by any stretch.
I think to be fair you should say what the stone is, what could she do to your friend? If you say something like that you gotta back it up man...seems like she knows a lot to me
gemguy

Syracuse, NY

#19 Mar 27, 2014
Where wrote:
Where is this place please
210 north george street
Are u kidding

Rome, NY

#20 Mar 27, 2014
Pleasant? Maybe like a car salesman. She never leaves you alone. She's obnoxious and I won't go there anymore. And she definitely gives off a know it all vibe......much like the cornucopia owner who went out of business!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ron Townsend vs Stephanie Maskell alleged haras... 54 min Ben Dover 44
Eric Centro (Mar '11) 2 hr Rode the welder 24
dicastros (Mar '14) 7 hr Smarty 59
Brian Wright 8 hr jim 29
Toby Wilson 8 hr methman 5
Female tightening 13 hr Clayton 5
Crack head frank DeCarlo 19 hr Vance 12
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rome Mortgages