Rome City School District Teachers

KY WELLER

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#93 Apr 29, 2013
Truth wrote:
What about the teachers who set terrible examples?
They need to be weeded out. But there needs to be a fair way to do it,not some arbitrary administrator with an ax to grind.I don't give a shit what the politicians say,it will take time to fix the system,and the teachers need to be the major driver of the solution,not administrators. They need the power to police themselves,although like all democratic processes,there need to be checks and balances,to protect against abuse of power.

KY WELLER

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#94 Apr 29, 2013
Taxed to Death wrote:
Full time pay for part time work is a thing of the past. The pay scale and benefit package that these teachers have is unsustainable. The test scores and graduation rates are deplorable. Privatize the entire school system. Current teachers and staff would have to apply for their positions. Contracts would have to be renegotiated. The school day could be extended to 8-5, year round. Teachers in disagreement with the new system would be free to seek other employment. New York tax rates are so high people are losing their homes because they can't afford the taxes. TIME FOR CHANGE
If you privatize,costs won't change at all. Some corporation will suck up all the money that the teachers spend locally. Privatization is not the answer. Government provides services that can't or shouldn't be driven by profit.
Dan

Dover, DE

#97 Apr 30, 2013
Rome Teacher wrote:
<quoted text>The Rome teachers are WAY overpaid!Let them WORK 8 hours a day for a FULL YEAR (2080) hours & then i would say they earn thir 75000 PLUS a year! Until THAT happens, they are Way overpaid!
I agree 100 percent that the teachers are way overpaid!
Your fault

New Hartford, NY

#98 Apr 30, 2013
Rome Teacher wrote:
<quoted text>Mayb the one'PROTECTING the teachers are a teacher that goes in at 8 ^ gets out at 2 & makes believe they WORK 8 hours a day!
Should of picked a different profession then. Too bad for you ;)
great idea

Blossvale, NY

#99 Apr 30, 2013
Rome Teacher wrote:
<quoted text>Mayb the one'PROTECTING the teachers are a teacher that goes in at 8 ^ gets out at 2 & makes believe they WORK 8 hours a day!
Or maybe just an educated person that knows that half of the "facts" that people are posting are either half truths or completely wrong. I can't figure out where the 8-2 day comes from though. As far as I can find on the RCSD website there isn't a single building that runs from 8-2. By the way, the mistakes in your sentence creation could really use a good elementary teacher.
Dan

Dover, DE

#100 Apr 30, 2013
great idea wrote:
<quoted text>
Or maybe just an educated person that knows that half of the "facts" that people are posting are either half truths or completely wrong. I can't figure out where the 8-2 day comes from though. As far as I can find on the RCSD website there isn't a single building that runs from 8-2. By the way, the mistakes in your sentence creation could really use a good elementary teacher.
Or mabe just a whinny teacher that bitches because he/she may have to work!
Tissue

New Hartford, NY

#101 Apr 30, 2013
Dan your the only one whining. Hope you don't have a wife poor thing she probably rules you. Typical P€$$y.
Tissue this

Dover, DE

#102 Apr 30, 2013
Tissue wrote:
Dan your the only one whining. Hope you don't have a wife poor thing she probably rules you. Typical P€$$y.
I made a point about the OVERPAID Rome teachers!Let them WORK for their 70000 PLUS a 1/2 year 5 hrs a day! they would never make it at a full time job!
Justfy

Ardsley, NY

#103 Apr 30, 2013
Truth of the matter is teachers know the majority of them under perform and are over paid which is why they try so hard to justify their existence.
Dan

Dover, DE

#104 Apr 30, 2013
Justfy wrote:
Truth of the matter is teachers know the majority of them under perform and are over paid which is why they try so hard to justify their existence.
very well said! Very Overpaid in Rome
Taxed to Death

United States

#105 Apr 30, 2013
KY WELLER wrote:
<quoted text> If you privatize,costs won't change at all. Some corporation will suck up all the money that the teachers spend locally. Privatization is not the answer. Government provides services that can't or shouldn't be driven by profit.
Government is providing a very expensive poor quality service when it comes to education. Privately run schools would be far more productive keeping cost down and holding employees (teachers) accountable for reaching certain goals, test scores graduation rates etc. UPS or FED EX which promote based on merit are both very good examples when compared to the government run postal system which promotes based on seniority (like the public school system).

This system is not working.
TIME FOR CHANGE
Really

New Hartford, NY

#106 Apr 30, 2013
It is working, no we don't need your catholic school so STOP trying to promote it. It's the parents or lack there of that ARE the problem today. All begins at home. BOTTOM LINE.
daa

Dover, DE

#107 Apr 30, 2013
Really wrote:
It is working, no we don't need your catholic school so STOP trying to promote it. It's the parents or lack there of that ARE the problem today. All begins at home. BOTTOM LINE.
Bottom Line-make the teachers TEACH or get RID of them!
Dan

Dover, DE

#108 Apr 30, 2013
make the teachers work for their 70000 for 1/2 a year!
idea

New Hartford, NY

#109 Apr 30, 2013
daa wrote:
<quoted text>Bottom Line-make the teachers TEACH or get RID of them!
hold parents accountable would help that's an idea. Dan get a clue buddy. You need help. Sounds to me that maybe you need a job pal or a life because you are one bitter little boy. Did you not do well in school? Or maybe you have teacher issues? It's ok we have therapy for issues like that these? You need a reality check because you really have no CLUE about teachers at all. Do us all a favor and go back to SCHOOL.
may

Saranac Lake, NY

#110 Apr 30, 2013
great idea wrote:
<quoted text>
Or maybe just an educated person that knows that half of the "facts" that people are posting are either half truths or completely wrong. I can't figure out where the 8-2 day comes from though. As far as I can find on the RCSD website there isn't a single building that runs from 8-2. By the way, the mistakes in your sentence creation could really use a good elementary teacher.
I figure the people that think teachers work from 8-2 are the parents of the biggest trouble making kids in school...probably Sharon Ackerman, a Tennant, a Wishhart, A Merchant, an Underwood. They should be grateful to any working citizen paying for their welfare check!
Taxed to Death

United States

#111 May 1, 2013
Really wrote:
It is working, no we don't need your catholic school so STOP trying to promote it. It's the parents or lack there of that ARE the problem today. All begins at home. BOTTOM LINE.
YOU are the only one that mentioned Catholic school.
The bottom line is YOU are not doing YOUR job.
Remember YOU work for ME.
TIME FOR CHANGE
Really

New Hartford, NY

#112 May 1, 2013
Sure thing Dan and Taxed, the thing us I work 4-12 shift and I am not a teacher but know a lot of Good,dedicated ones and the facts, not your angry lies. You won't change it so worry about your own issues.Perhaps like your parenting skills.
Dan

Dover, DE

#113 May 1, 2013
Really wrote:
Sure thing Dan and Taxed, the thing us I work 4-12 shift and I am not a teacher but know a lot of Good,dedicated ones and the facts, not your angry lies. You won't change it so worry about your own issues.Perhaps like your parenting skills.
Well skippy I ALSO know alot of teachers! The FACT is they dpon't work 8 hours a day! That is a FACT!
Really

New Hartford, NY

#114 May 1, 2013
Dan wrote:
<quoted text>Well skippy I ALSO know alot of teachers! The FACT is they dpon't work 8 hours a day! That is a FACT!
I bet you don't work 1 hour a day,Skippy knows best:). FACT

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hawkins Rides 4 min Zeke the Pinhead 23
biggest douchebag in rome 4 min only sees the truth 3
TonyD TonyD Fusco Fusco TonyD TonyD Fusco Fusco... (Nov '13) 5 min YUP 21
Dear Atheists 10 min Zeke the Pinhead 16
Paula Jeffries Suicide 23 min Zeke the Pinhead 17
Mary Butler suicide today 6 hr Canned Sarcasm PLUS 4
Tiger by the tail 6 hr Flash In The Pan 2
Suicide off James St parking garage? 10 hr God 57
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rome Mortgages