First Prev
of 3
Next Last
filth

Rome, NY

#43 Dec 18, 2013
people lost humanity people have the right to live those people are human beings! its so cold out they deserve better then those base houses they deserve your houses.
cover up

Utica, NY

#44 Dec 18, 2013
Homless magnet wrote:
<quoted text>The city can chose to enforce the codes violations that have already been written. Or the city has the right to seal the buildings up themselves and charge the landlord for the work plus penalties and fines. There are about ten occupied apts down there. As per NY ADC LAW 28-216.10. the city can put a lien on the rent coming in and take the rent (about 7000 a month). I dont know why they dont.
Now they want a tax break
cover up

Utica, NY

#45 Dec 18, 2013
homeless haven wrote:
<quoted text>The article you point out is correct,mostly. There are THOUSANDS of violation the codes documented.Foil them if you would like, you would be amazed. This is now a public safety issue. FIRST RESPONDERS ARE IN HARMS WAY! This is an undeniable fact. And for no good reason as I see it. If one of our Fire or Police officers ,God forbid, sustains any injury because of the conditions down there watch the fingers start pointing. Im surprised that the STATE FIRE REGULATORS havent chimed in on this. Maybe they have not been made aware of the situation. There are over 50 ACRES COVERED WITH OVER 140 CONDEMNED HOUSING UNITS. And still the City of Rome CHOOSES not to enforce the code.
cover up

Utica, NY

#46 Dec 18, 2013
Homless magnet wrote:
<quoted text>The people that bought this complex are from brooklyn ny. names are Zvi kaufman, S Pollack. They have been the owners since they bought the parcel from the G.S.A.(federal agency). They own MEGA real estate in NYC. Mostly slum apt buildgings. They paid 2.05 million to the federal govt. Rome got none of it. Reportedly, the city has them in court now about demolishing several structures. To try to answer your question,here goes. It was a public auction. Any one with the cash could buy it. Remember this was a sale from the FEDERAL GOVT. not rome. There was no rehab agreement. nothing.BUT the owners are obligated to work with the same codes everybody else does in rome. The city chose NOT to enforce lots of rules and only enforce some others. I dont know why. As far as Kaufman & Pollack go im sure they dont care one way or the other what creatures live there. I bet this complex makes a nice tax write off every year. What bugs me is the thought of a Fireman or Police having to go into one of those death traps at night.Severely caved in floors, collapsing ceilings and roofs, and enough brush and dead trees to confuse a Vietnamese soldier. Plus the regular people that live there must be steaming pissed off. It was said before, BUT, if this complex was on north george st things would probably be different...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lookn for Kiki Kaylee 31 min Kiki Kaylee 2
Heather Cook 2 hr Damn 4
News Rome community rally against proposed education... 8 hr agreed 29
why i refuse to neuter my cats 8 hr hitler 25
The Mysteriously vanishing Frank Elias WUTQ pos... 8 hr tries to look int... 2
7pm City Hall Weds Meat Plant come all and be h... 8 hr stupid is as stup... 55
RomeSucks 11 hr Thx 22
Rome Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web