The Homeless Crack heads living in ol...
Sure

Ardsley, NY

#23 Oct 17, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>the guards will move away..big deal~!most don't live in rome anyway@!
Not true. It is hard to work in the jails around here due to the guards that live here with seniority. It takes years for CO's to return back from other jails hours away. If you think you're right, you aren't.
HaHaHaHa

Dover, DE

#24 Oct 17, 2013
Sure wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true. It is hard to work in the jails around here due to the guards that live here with seniority. It takes years for CO's to return back from other jails hours away. If you think you're right, you aren't.
so if the prisions closed the guards who have senority can choose where
they want to go...Big deal..we need to get rid of the prision scum!!!!!!!!!!
hands tied

Westborough, MA

#25 Oct 17, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>get off the crack! They were NOT nice houses when they were sold! that is why they were ALL sold for 2 million!Blame the mayor for NOT making codes enforce the law!
Before being abandoned they were nice houses. Nothing a little work couldn't fix. 2 million is quite a bit of money for those houses especially considering the shape you say they were in when they were sold.
Ha Ha Ha

Dover, DE

#26 Oct 17, 2013
hands tied wrote:
<quoted text>
Before being abandoned they were nice houses. Nothing a little work couldn't fix. 2 million is quite a bit of money for those houses especially considering the shape you say they were in when they were sold.
hey goofy! they were BASE HOUSING that sat for years with the windows broken out, roof leaking. everything of value was STOLEN! what rock have you been hiding under for the last 10 years....they fixed up a few houses in the past 4 years.they paid 2 million for the LAND! take a ride through & LOOK AT THE HOUSES!leave you pot home for a change!
hands tied

Westborough, MA

#27 Oct 17, 2013
Ha Ha Ha wrote:
<quoted text>hey goofy! they were BASE HOUSING that sat for years with the windows broken out, roof leaking. everything of value was STOLEN! what rock have you been hiding under for the last 10 years....they fixed up a few houses in the past 4 years.they paid 2 million for the LAND! take a ride through & LOOK AT THE HOUSES!leave you pot home for a change!
Do you not get what I'm saying?! The city could have put a little money into them and sold them. Instead they sold them to people who just let them sit and rot even longer. They could have been sold looooong before they were and then we probably wouldn't be talking about this. I'm not on drugs I'm just saying there were other routes they could have went instead of the one taken. I'm not saying they were mansions and these wonderful houses but prior to being empty, they we're nice especially compared to about 60% of the house in Rome.
Het STUPID

New Hartford, NY

#28 Oct 17, 2013
hands tied wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you not get what I'm saying?! The city could have put a little money into them and sold them. Instead they sold them to people who just let them sit and rot even longer. They could have been sold looooong before they were and then we probably wouldn't be talking about this. I'm not on drugs I'm just saying there were other routes they could have went instead of the one taken. I'm not saying they were mansions and these wonderful houses but prior to being empty, they we're nice especially compared to about 60% of the house in Rome.
what part can't comprehend! IT was BASE HOUSEING! City did NOT own them!NOBODY lived in them since 1995 when the BASE CLOSED! They were used during woodstock 99 & TRASHED! Get off your dugs!
hands tied

Schenectady, NY

#29 Oct 17, 2013
Het STUPID wrote:
<quoted text>what part can't comprehend! IT was BASE HOUSEING! City did NOT own them!NOBODY lived in them since 1995 when the BASE CLOSED! They were used during woodstock 99 & TRASHED! Get off your dugs!
Ok then, the base should have done something with them sooner than 2005. You are a bitter and rude person.
hands tied

Utica, NY

#30 Oct 17, 2013
http://romesentinel.com/news...

The city is doing something.
Sure

Ardsley, NY

#31 Oct 17, 2013
HaHaHaHa wrote:
<quoted text>so if the prisions closed the guards who have senority can choose where
they want to go...Big deal..we need to get rid of the prision scum!!!!!!!!!!
Further ruining Rome with all the money loss. There's no real good option here.
The Facts

Syracuse, NY

#32 Oct 17, 2013
Sure wrote:
<quoted text>
Further ruining Rome with all the money loss. There's no real good option here.
Get rid of the PRISION & the scum will leave!
The Facts

Syracuse, NY

#33 Oct 17, 2013
hands tied wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok then, the base should have done something with them sooner than 2005. You are a bitter and rude person.
why would the federal government spend money fixing up houses they dont want! you really need to stop your drugs!
long time resident

Nedrow, NY

#34 Oct 17, 2013
no-one said they were nice when they were sold, but they could've been with some work. The ones they did fix look real nice. I really wish Rome would put a lien on the rent coming in!
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>get off the crack! They were NOT nice houses when they were sold! that is why they were ALL sold for 2 million!Blame the mayor for NOT making codes enforce the law!
Sure

Ardsley, NY

#35 Oct 17, 2013
The Facts wrote:
<quoted text>Get rid of the PRISION & the scum will leave!
Wrong, you clearly know nothing about economics.
homeless haven

Clinton, NY

#36 Oct 17, 2013
hands tied wrote:
<quoted text>
Last I heard about it was this
http://centralny.ynn.com/content/news/115119/...
The article you point out is correct,mostly. There are THOUSANDS of violation the codes documented.Foil them if you would like, you would be amazed. This is now a public safety issue. FIRST RESPONDERS ARE IN HARMS WAY! This is an undeniable fact. And for no good reason as I see it. If one of our Fire or Police officers ,God forbid, sustains any injury because of the conditions down there watch the fingers start pointing. Im surprised that the STATE FIRE REGULATORS havent chimed in on this. Maybe they have not been made aware of the situation. There are over 50 ACRES COVERED WITH OVER 140 CONDEMNED HOUSING UNITS. And still the City of Rome CHOOSES not to enforce the code.
poor local govt

Whitesboro, NY

#37 Oct 21, 2013
You can't complain to our local folks in charge. They just turn everything into a small minded battle of uneducated wits. Call the people who are in charge of our region...I think it's the regional director of codes. They have complaint forms that you can fill out online, and you don't even have to sign your name to it, if you don't want to get "involved".
sure know the facts

Dover, DE

#38 Oct 21, 2013
Sure wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, you clearly know nothing about economics.
Fact is...Get RID of the PRIOIONS & we get RID of the PRISION SCUM! That is a FACT!
Just Sayin

Utica, NY

#39 Oct 24, 2013
homeless haven wrote:
The city has clearly CHOSEN to ignore all code requirements at this sight. This has been an issue for many years, although our current Mayor had promised to "address" the issue. These properties are REQUIRED to be boarded up. I dont understand why this complex has been allowed to stand as a first responder deathtrap thru 2 administrations. The owners,(which have been the same since day one) must have an incredible amount of influence at the state level. The obvious disregard for the safety of our fireman and other first responders is shameful. Why the City of Rome officials put the safety of its citizens below the financial concerns of a landlord should be criminal. And may very well be. The city has spent many thousands of TAXPAYER DOLLARS via the codes departments investigations. A significant number of man hours was spent gong thru EACH house. TWICE. Yes TWICE. Now the city is "reportedly" seeking relief thru the courts to go in and demolish a few structures. All the while leaving the rest with an open invitation for every dirt bag in a 50 mile radius to "come on down, stay awhile".
If the Rome PD and Judges, and legal system knew or even cared how embarrassed their friends and family must be, especially when they read this garbage, maybe they would care enough to do something more substantial about the problem. You know what????, they don't have a clue. They have all been a part of the dysfunctional system that is called Rome, NY for so long that it seems totally natural to them. It's only we outsiders who have actually lived in a true nurturing social environment that find this place so repugnant.

Down with Judge John Gannon!!
homeless haven

Oneida, NY

#40 Oct 25, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
If the Rome PD and Judges, and legal system knew or even cared how embarrassed their friends and family must be, especially when they read this garbage, maybe they would care enough to do something more substantial about the problem. You know what????, they don't have a clue. They have all been a part of the dysfunctional system that is called Rome, NY for so long that it seems totally natural to them. It's only we outsiders who have actually lived in a true nurturing social environment that find this place so repugnant.
The in your face, "what are ya gonna do 'bout it, to freakin bad" approach with this public safety issue is a shame. There have already been two substantial fires back there. One of which blacked out the area for a day. How does city hall explain/justify this clear case of "screw puplic safety, we'll deal with it if it happens". All the while claiming poverty with no money to deal with the problem. Then turning around and asking the counsel for a raise! Do the powers that be think no one will notice? Seems mighty lofty to me. Its not believable to me that this complex is not known about far and wide. The thought that raising three or four (could be ten or twenty) units will make any difference is absurd! I pray and hope to God that no one gets hurt, first responder or kids horsing around, but if someone does get hurt can you imagine the hide n seek game that will follow. All this so some landowner can save a couple of bucks by not sealing up the units and maintaining the grounds. Something is not right.Thanks for your concern.Please spread the word.
Just Sayin

New Hartford, NY

#41 Oct 26, 2013
Just Sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets talk about people that break the law...go to Mellaces Mommys house on Gansavoort ave & count the JUNK -Unregistared cars in her Yard & old garage that is falling down! she has been given many tickets through the years & NOTHING is done! or the xmas trees she sells WITHOUT a pemit! maybe her SON should have her clean this up BEFORE he started to run for judge! VOTE GANNON!
seneca

Minoa, NY

#42 Dec 4, 2013
homeless haven wrote:
<quoted text>The article you point out is correct,mostly. There are THOUSANDS of violation the codes documented.Foil them if you would like, you would be amazed. This is now a public safety issue. FIRST RESPONDERS ARE IN HARMS WAY! This is an undeniable fact. And for no good reason as I see it. If one of our Fire or Police officers ,God forbid, sustains any injury because of the conditions down there watch the fingers start pointing. Im surprised that the STATE FIRE REGULATORS havent chimed in on this. Maybe they have not been made aware of the situation. There are over 50 ACRES COVERED WITH OVER 140 CONDEMNED HOUSING UNITS. And still the City of Rome CHOOSES not to enforce the code.
Its the Mayors call to enforce the code or to CHOSE not to. Its a shame the city spent so much of OUR MONEY not once but twice and do nothing with the thousands of violations they found. I wonder if you can FOIL records of how much was spent? Does the mayor have friends involved with this property?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Karma 8 min Karma 3
ryba 11 min RYA 9
Do Rome cops do anything other than give ticket... 35 min kaz 12
Sing the chilles jingle to fanfarillo 1 hr your a dirt bag 3
Mother daughter heroin addicts 3 hr Nasty pigs 7
Syrian Refugees in Rome? 3 hr DC INSIDER 1
Ron Townsend republican leader (Jan '14) 4 hr Touchy Townsend 8
Just be a cop and you can get away with everyth... 4 hr Joffy 24

Rome Jobs

More from around the web