The Homeless Crack heads living in ol...

The Homeless Crack heads living in old base houses on Park dr/Gansevoort rd

Posted in the Rome Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Long time Rome Resident

Moravia, NY

#1 Oct 14, 2013
POLICE NOR Any authorities will do anything~!!!!
They told us The owner of those 100 houses is in a lawsuit with the city so there's nothing that can be done...That's BULLSHIT.
It's ILLEGAL to have ABANDONED houses and pay no taxes on them. It's illegal to live in abandoned houses. These lil bums RUN when they see the cops and instead of them going back they just go back to the station.
The Residents who are aware of these MEAN Hoodlums, Are SCARED.
A couple residents have already moved and I personally know one more who is getting ready to sell her house after all her calls and letters to authorities have FAILED.
These are NOT nice homeless people!
They are living in these homes (That should have been fixed up when they were bought from the city!
They have sat there for yearsssss UNTOUCHED.
These SCUMBAGS are using propane heaters and Grills, living in nice houses FOR FREEEEEE.
We have a Rescue mission WHY?
We have foodstamps why?
Welfare WHY?
Get these BUMS Out of our nice neighborhood!
Send them back to where they originated!
homeless haven

Clinton, NY

#2 Oct 14, 2013
Long time Rome Resident wrote:
POLICE NOR Any authorities will do anything~!!!!
They told us The owner of those 100 houses is in a lawsuit with the city so there's nothing that can be done...That's BULLSHIT.
It's ILLEGAL to have ABANDONED houses and pay no taxes on them. It's illegal to live in abandoned houses. These lil bums RUN when they see the cops and instead of them going back they just go back to the station.
The Residents who are aware of these MEAN Hoodlums, Are SCARED.
A couple residents have already moved and I personally know one more who is getting ready to sell her house after all her calls and letters to authorities have FAILED.
These are NOT nice homeless people!
They are living in these homes (That should have been fixed up when they were bought from the city!
They have sat there for yearsssss UNTOUCHED.
These SCUMBAGS are using propane heaters and Grills, living in nice houses FOR FREEEEEE.
We have a Rescue mission WHY?
We have foodstamps why?
Welfare WHY?
Get these BUMS Out of our nice neighborhood!
Send them back to where they originated!
Are you speaking of the old woodhaven complex?
Fire Starter

Utica, NY

#3 Oct 14, 2013
Take matters into your own hands. Start with the houses way in the back. A nice trail of petrol from house to house. Eventually the vagrant problem will be eliminated.
Grumpy68

Syracuse, NY

#4 Oct 14, 2013
Dontr talk Bought my BOY like That! He just loves that Free Houseing!
Grumpy68

Syracuse, NY

#5 Oct 14, 2013
His Free Loading daddy give his buddies Beer!
Long time Rome Resident

Moravia, NY

#6 Oct 14, 2013
The ones that a guy bought for $1 and only fixed a couple of them up in the front...They are near the side entrance of Park drive manor, They go wayy back and thats where the MEAN Trolls live.
homeless haven

Clinton, NY

#7 Oct 14, 2013
The city has clearly CHOSEN to ignore all code requirements at this sight. This has been an issue for many years, although our current Mayor had promised to "address" the issue. These properties are REQUIRED to be boarded up. I dont understand why this complex has been allowed to stand as a first responder deathtrap thru 2 administrations. The owners,(which have been the same since day one) must have an incredible amount of influence at the state level. The obvious disregard for the safety of our fireman and other first responders is shameful. Why the City of Rome officials put the safety of its citizens below the financial concerns of a landlord should be criminal. And may very well be. The city has spent many thousands of TAXPAYER DOLLARS via the codes departments investigations. A significant number of man hours was spent gong thru EACH house. TWICE. Yes TWICE. Now the city is "reportedly" seeking relief thru the courts to go in and demolish a few structures. All the while leaving the rest with an open invitation for every dirt bag in a 50 mile radius to "come on down, stay awhile".
fix is in

Clinton, NY

#8 Oct 15, 2013
If it was on north george st it would get done
Pray

Little Falls, NY

#9 Oct 15, 2013
Rome is becoming Utica fast!
Grumpy68

Syracuse, NY

#11 Oct 16, 2013
Pray wrote:
Rome is becoming Utica fast!
we have the Utica AND NY prision scum coming to Rome!Get RID of the Prisions & you get RID of the scum!
Long time Rome Resident

Moravia, NY

#12 Oct 16, 2013
VERY TRUE. Or anywhere that is clearly visable. Apparently the owner of these houses bought from the city for $1 has connections because ANY OTHER landlord or tenant woulda been evicted and fined!!
fix is in wrote:
If it was on north george st it would get done
hands tied

Utica, NY

#13 Oct 16, 2013
Wow! What are they supposed to do? They have already done something about the code violations. That's why there is a lawsuit going on. The dude lives out of state, and since he owns the property he has to press charges on the bums living there. If they do something to you, then call the cops and press charges. But without the owner of the houses pressing charges there is really nothing that can be done.
long time resident

Nedrow, NY

#14 Oct 16, 2013
Who is he? When was this law suit filed? Why would he want crack heads living there? WELL seems maybe he doesn't care. Why was he allowed to but the homes and leave them abandoned?
hands tied wrote:
Wow! What are they supposed to do? They have already done something about the code violations. That's why there is a lawsuit going on. The dude lives out of state, and since he owns the property he has to press charges on the bums living there. If they do something to you, then call the cops and press charges. But without the owner of the houses pressing charges there is really nothing that can be done.
hands tied

Westborough, MA

#15 Oct 16, 2013
long time resident wrote:
<quoted text>Who is he? When was this law suit filed? Why would he want crack heads living there? WELL seems maybe he doesn't care. Why was he allowed to but the homes and leave them abandoned?
Last I heard about it was this

http://centralny.ynn.com/content/news/115119/...
Homless magnet

Clinton, NY

#16 Oct 16, 2013
long time resident wrote:
Who is he? When was this law suit filed? Why would he want crack heads living there? WELL seems maybe he doesn't care. Why was he allowed to but the homes and leave them abandoned? <quoted text>
The people that bought this complex are from brooklyn ny. names are Zvi kaufman, S Pollack. They have been the owners since they bought the parcel from the G.S.A.(federal agency). They own MEGA real estate in NYC. Mostly slum apt buildgings. They paid 2.05 million to the federal govt. Rome got none of it. Reportedly, the city has them in court now about demolishing several structures. To try to answer your question,here goes. It was a public auction. Any one with the cash could buy it. Remember this was a sale from the FEDERAL GOVT. not rome. There was no rehab agreement. nothing.BUT the owners are obligated to work with the same codes everybody else does in rome. The city chose NOT to enforce lots of rules and only enforce some others. I dont know why. As far as Kaufman & Pollack go im sure they dont care one way or the other what creatures live there. I bet this complex makes a nice tax write off every year. What bugs me is the thought of a Fireman or Police having to go into one of those death traps at night.Severely caved in floors, collapsing ceilings and roofs, and enough brush and dead trees to confuse a Vietnamese soldier. Plus the regular people that live there must be steaming pissed off. It was said before, BUT, if this complex was on north george st things would probably be different...
Homless magnet

Clinton, NY

#17 Oct 16, 2013
hands tied wrote:
The city can chose to enforce the codes violations that have already been written. Or the city has the right to seal the buildings up themselves and charge the landlord for the work plus penalties and fines. There are about ten occupied apts down there. As per NY ADC LAW 28-216.10. the city can put a lien on the rent coming in and take the rent (about 7000 a month). I dont know why they dont.
hands tied

Westborough, MA

#18 Oct 16, 2013
Homless magnet wrote:
<quoted text>The city can chose to enforce the codes violations that have already been written. Or the city has the right to seal the buildings up themselves and charge the landlord for the work plus penalties and fines. There are about ten occupied apts down there. As per NY ADC LAW 28-216.10. the city can put a lien on the rent coming in and take the rent (about 7000 a month). I dont know why they dont.
They should have done something's with them instead of selling them to someone that has just let them sit there since 2005. They could have been nice houses and they could have sold them to families instead of letting them rot. The police and the way the systems work now days honestly make me sick.
Sure

Ardsley, NY

#20 Oct 16, 2013
Grumpy68 wrote:
<quoted text>we have the Utica AND NY prision scum coming to Rome!Get RID of the Prisions & you get RID of the scum!
I agree with you half way. Yes the prisons have brought the NYC scum, it has also employed a vast amount of people in the area. Unfourtunatly it's a no win situation. Close the prisons, yes the scum will disappear, but also so will the people they employ.
Hey

Dover, DE

#21 Oct 17, 2013
hands tied wrote:
<quoted text>
They should have done something's with them instead of selling them to someone that has just let them sit there since 2005. They could have been nice houses and they could have sold them to families instead of letting them rot. The police and the way the systems work now days honestly make me sick.
get off the crack! They were NOT nice houses when they were sold! that is why they were ALL sold for 2 million!Blame the mayor for NOT making codes enforce the law!
Hey

Dover, DE

#22 Oct 17, 2013
Sure wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you half way. Yes the prisons have brought the NYC scum, it has also employed a vast amount of people in the area. Unfourtunatly it's a no win situation. Close the prisons, yes the scum will disappear, but also so will the people they employ.
the guards will move away..big deal~!most don't live in rome anyway@!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
turning stone struggles to fill positions 58 min TS CRYBABY 28
Dominick N. 1 hr RFA 32
Independence care marcia kotary smith 3 hr Truth of the matter 4
Tonys on black river 3 hr baretta1976 3
muslims worship satan and not the true God (Nov '14) 10 hr Nope 11
Whatever happened to....?? 15 hr Dire 1
Rome Ny Christianity 17 hr Big Brother is wa... 12
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rome Mortgages