“New to Rome”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#41 Nov 22, 2010
Fix Thefernback wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey ER Williams I'm organizing an A-Team Fan Festival but I'm going to need a little seed money. How about you open up that checkbook of yours and help a couple A-Team Fanatics out.
You're guaranteed to quadruple your investment. Come on what are you waiting?
The original cast will be there, even George Peppard, his family is giving us permission to dig up his body! So what do you say dude????
LOL!!!

“New to Rome”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#44 Nov 22, 2010
Scumbag wrote:
Hey ER, you must think none of us read the Utica topix, you little troll scumbag.
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/utica-ny/T4CK...
How's that night club coming along you bum?
Nobody cares what you think you keyboard coward.
madupu

Worcester, MA

#45 Nov 23, 2010
I hope the people of Utica are aware of your racist rants and handle you accordingly!
Matt

Ogdensburg, NY

#46 Nov 23, 2010
I hate this thread. It helps nobody.
Oh, and leave the kids out of it.
ER tosses salads

New York, NY

#47 Nov 24, 2010
E R Williams wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody cares what you think you keyboard coward.
well,well,well.i havent heard from you in a long time,dick slap.hows that gay azz ski resort in poverty ridden utica workin out for ya?youre a legend in your own mind,arent you,douche nozzle?
Kelly

Constableville, NY

#48 Nov 24, 2010
ER tosses salads wrote:
<quoted text>
well,well,well.i havent heard from you in a long time,dick slap.hows that gay azz ski resort in poverty ridden utica workin out for ya?youre a legend in your own mind,arent you,douche nozzle?
This shows how mature the Erie Canal Village people are. No wonder its is falling apart. Liars, namecallers and creeps!
You Dont Get It

Brooklyn, NY

#49 Nov 25, 2010
Kelly wrote:
<quoted text>
This shows how mature the Erie Canal Village people are. No wonder its is falling apart. Liars, namecallers and creeps!
I highly doubt that anyone from the village has even read this forum much less posted on it. As said above this guy is a "legend in his own mind" and made a lot of bad impressions. Honestly at least he could say he tried - which is more than everyone else can say. Unfortunately failure brings criticism.
ER tosses salads

New York, NY

#50 Nov 27, 2010
Kelly wrote:
<quoted text>
This shows how mature the Erie Canal Village people are. No wonder its is falling apart. Liars, namecallers and creeps!
wtf are you talking about kelly? I dont have anything to do with Erie Canal.If you had caught mine and ER's lil argument a year ago,you would know this.
Yankee

Cortland, NY

#51 Nov 28, 2010
E R Williams wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody cares what you think you keyboard coward.
Call me a keyboard coward if you are afraid to answer the question, but I will repeat the question because I am curious: how is the nightclub in Utica coming along?
Bucklure

Brooklyn, NY

#52 Nov 28, 2010
E R Williams wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure who you're trying to convince or of what; things must be unraveling quickly at the village. I wish I could say I had something to do with it, but I don't. I have moved on and I am planning the next season in a new location. You can thank the volunteers, their friends and families, and the people of Rome that care about the future of Erie Canal Village.
You are correct about the advertizing though. We did a terrible job on the commercial, the radio spots were too little and too late and nobody reads the paper anymore. We already have a new media director to correct the problem for next year.
By the way, if I find out who this is, I will be making you my personal project for printing my child's name in a public forum. Believe that.
Who knew until you acknowledged it. By the way you din't refute the allegations that you were indigent and couldn't provide properly for said child.
Fran

New York, NY

#53 Nov 28, 2010
guesswho2 wrote:
<quoted text>just so you people understand, the Erie Canal Village is privately owned and the couple that run it are under his direction and funding. I know them and they are good hard working people but they only have limited amount of money for operations.
If the Erie Canal Village is now privately owned, wheres codes? They torment everyone else whats wrong with this picture? They need to make them bring it up to codes so that people can enjoy it again!
Kelly

Constableville, NY

#54 Dec 11, 2010
Fran wrote:
<quoted text> If the Erie Canal Village is now privately owned, wheres codes? They torment everyone else whats wrong with this picture? They need to make them bring it up to codes so that people can enjoy it again!
I saw a news story on line today about the Erie Canal Village that says the owner is looking for a buyer but nobody has made an offer. It also said that he has to meet with the mayor about the damage. Maybe the city should buy the place back and make it a public park.
Fran

New York, NY

#55 Dec 12, 2010
Kelly wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw a news story on line today about the Erie Canal Village that says the owner is looking for a buyer but nobody has made an offer. It also said that he has to meet with the mayor about the damage. Maybe the city should buy the place back and make it a public park.
But like I said where was codes? Why did they let this place get so run down? The owners should be fined severly and codes should be held accountable. It should be turned back over to the City of Rome for the sum of $1.00. Since this land was taken from the original owners by means of eminet domain. What a slap in the face. Then to have Rome sell it to an uncaring individual only to have him trash the place. What is this world coming to. Shame on the people that allowed this to happen. Alot of tax dollars went into putting that place together only to have it deteriorate.
Roman

United States

#56 Dec 13, 2010
The situation at Erie Canal Village, while sad, is not new. Erie Canal Village today is in no worse condition than it was in the last 10 years that the city owned the place. The buildings were run down, unpainted and in disrepair when the city owned it. In the last 10 years of city ownership the city had to pay someone to keep the place open and the city was responsible for annual operating losses in the six figure range. The city sold the village to get the taxpayers out from under the mounting losses. If the city somehow took it back they would close it immediately and that would be the end of it.
Kelly

Constableville, NY

#57 Jun 9, 2011
I drove by last weekend and the place was a mess. The weeds were overgrown and there were no cars in the parking lot. My neighbor walks the path through the place and said it looked abandoned. The barge is sitting on the bottom of the canal, the train dosen't run anymore and the buildings are dramaticly worse than they were last year. I think Fran is right, codes should do something about the place. If my grass was that overgrown they would ticket me.
Wild Bill

Rome, NY

#58 Jun 9, 2011
Kelly wrote:
I drove by last weekend and the place was a mess. The weeds were overgrown and there were no cars in the parking lot. My neighbor walks the path through the place and said it looked abandoned. The barge is sitting on the bottom of the canal, the train dosen't run anymore and the buildings are dramaticly worse than they were last year. I think Fran is right, codes should do something about the place. If my grass was that overgrown they would ticket me.
Most of the post are talking about how village loooks. Well in some areas the village could use some work, and they know that. What all of you are overlooking is there are only 2 full time employees there. They can't do everything themselves. They are given only a small amount of money from the new owner and it hard for just 2 people to run the village and do the repairs. Want to improve the situation then go there and help out. They would be very happy to have the help. Then you can stop complaining about how it look, and take an active role in the community. Don't expect the city to help its not their problem. I can also tell you that no one at the village has ever taken a single item from that place. Those people have worked their butt off to keep that place runnning, often using their personal funds to buy things to keep it going. So you people that accuse then of taken items are wrong. They are good people with an impossible task. Walk a mile in their shoes then see how it feels. They have worked hard to keep that place going, and all you folks want to do is be critical just don't get it. You who post negative comments about them or the village but I doubt that you have ever offered to go there and help them out. No because it is easier for you to sit on your butt and type than pick up a hammer or a paint brush and help out. Try going there, work your butt off in 90 degree heat for no pay and then have some idiot bitch about how the village looks. Then you will understand how they feel. Want to improve the village. Then go there some Saturday or any other day you can spare some time, and help out. If you can't do that then don't complain about how the village looks.
Kelly

Constableville, NY

#59 Jun 9, 2011
Wild Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of the post are talking about how village loooks. Well in some areas the village could use some work, and they know that. What all of you are overlooking is there are only 2 full time employees there. They can't do everything themselves. They are given only a small amount of money from the new owner and it hard for just 2 people to run the village and do the repairs. Want to improve the situation then go there and help out. They would be very happy to have the help. Then you can stop complaining about how it look, and take an active role in the community. Don't expect the city to help its not their problem. I can also tell you that no one at the village has ever taken a single item from that place. Those people have worked their butt off to keep that place runnning, often using their personal funds to buy things to keep it going. So you people that accuse then of taken items are wrong. They are good people with an impossible task. Walk a mile in their shoes then see how it feels. They have worked hard to keep that place going, and all you folks want to do is be critical just don't get it. You who post negative comments about them or the village but I doubt that you have ever offered to go there and help them out. No because it is easier for you to sit on your butt and type than pick up a hammer or a paint brush and help out. Try going there, work your butt off in 90 degree heat for no pay and then have some idiot bitch about how the village looks. Then you will understand how they feel. Want to improve the village. Then go there some Saturday or any other day you can spare some time, and help out. If you can't do that then don't complain about how the village looks.
It's private land with a for profit business on it. Why should anyone volunteer? Everyone that has tried to help has been burned by the manager and then had their name trashed. Until it's a non-profit owned by the city or a 501c, maybe it should close. Also, you are either misinformed or a complete liar... and it shows.
Why Should it Close

Brooklyn, NY

#60 Jun 10, 2011
""Until it's a non-profit owned by the city or a 501c, maybe it should close.""

Why should it close? Its a private business - the city of Rome doesn't step in and tell any other business how it should operate. If we are going to play this game I can start naming many business that look like crap - starting with practically every place on Erie Blvd from Wendy's to WalMart.

You can say that you want to keep the City looking a certain way. But they had the chance during the 70's but dropped the plan within months of it starting. You can also say that it is an important historical site. But the truth is its one of many Erie Canal Sites throughout the state (and one that is not really correct to begin with).
Sarah

Cortland, NY

#61 Jun 10, 2011
Who are the managers?
Wild Bill

Rome, NY

#62 Jun 10, 2011
Kelly wrote:
<quoted text>
It's private land with a for profit business on it. Why should anyone volunteer? Everyone that has tried to help has been burned by the manager and then had their name trashed. Until it's a non-profit owned by the city or a 501c, maybe it should close. Also, you are either misinformed or a complete liar... and it shows.
I take exception to you calling someone a liar. You choose the cowards way to be a total AH by hiding behind Topix. Apparently from your post you have a personal issue with the management there, and it shows. I do volunteer there when I can, and I am anything but misinformed. The city gave it up because they claimed they could not afford it. The village has a very small budget, and they do the best they can with wnat they have. Personally they have done a great job with nothing for years. At least they stuck it out when others have walked away leaving someone else to clean up their mess. Why would anyone volunteers as you stated. Because people want to help out, and they do that out of wanting to preserve our past. I am guessing you are the type person who is so stuck on yourself or importance you would not volunteer for anything. So put down the remote, get a life, and try doing something constructive with your life besides running your mouth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hooters Opening Soon 3 hr Blinded Idiot 12
News Former Rome wrestling coach charged with child ... 4 hr Adam Adam Adam 16
Foxwood Townhouses in Rome, NY 5 hr Auugah 1
News Rome community rally against proposed education... 6 hr Teacher 57
A Lesson I Learned in Traffic Court 6 hr obviouslyblinded 16
Whole Foods Market 9 hr Whole foods 7
1000 cash bail, really? 9 hr why bother 2
Red Moon Saloon (Feb '11) Mon lori lori lori lori 10
More from around the web

Rome People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]