Since: Sep 10

rome, ny

#21 Oct 24, 2010
Kelly wrote:
I loved the Erie Canal Village when I was a kid. I went to the Victorian Faire they had last week with my kids and saw how bad it's become. I like the fact they had shows and costume charicters running around, but the buildings are falling apart. I was told by the train conductor that the boat sank twice this year. The whole place has become a dump.
there is someone taking over. with the boat they are taking it out of service, and building a new one useing the old one so that the kids can walk on and keep it as part of their exhibit. they just dont make enough money to keep the things up. they used to have a flee market there and the Victorian Fair may have scared them out. they would not allow the marked to be there while they were there

“New to Rome”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#22 Oct 24, 2010
Kelly wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm interested! Why wont anyone tell the whole story? This site isn't the private playground for the Melewskis! The Erie Canal Village was promissed to us, not a pair of underhanded liars!
I don't think anyone but the village manager knows the "whole story". I do know that everyone that contacted me has had the same complains that I have had. I believe that if nothing is done soon there will be more damage to the buildings and artifacts, but it's private property. The land, buildings and maybe even the artifacts belong to a private party. There is nothing that I can do except move on.
Roman

New York, NY

#23 Oct 28, 2010
Hey ER Williams - Seems like your all over this website and all you do is bash the Erie Canal Village. For someone that came into Rome, NY and did nothing at all except cause headache and grief to everyone, you seem to shell out the bashes. Why don't you get a job and stop playing on the computer all day !!
Here's another idea, Why don't you pay the owner the money that you were suppose to pay him, then maybe they can put that towards the renovations of the buildings.
I know about your fair or faire as you people called it. It was terrible, It has nothing to do with the buildings or the manager who knows the " whole story". You put on a couple of skits on the front porch of the tavern, big deal.. The best part of your faire were the people that sang with that little wooden doll.. Or the magician..
I just think you should stop pretending that your "victorian Fair" was a big hit, becuase it wasn't. I actually went to the Halloween nights up there last Saturday with my family. It was actually very nice, the buildings were fine, the staff was friendly, and the scenes were wonderful.
Seems like someone is a little sad that their dream didn't come true, and they are taking it out on other people. I would almost bet that no one contacted you about the village with complaints. It has nothing to do with you, stop pretending you did anything more than rent the space for a few weeks..
grow up, get a job, support your family, and leave the local people who love it here alone..

Since: Sep 10

rome, ny

#24 Nov 1, 2010
Roman wrote:
Hey ER Williams - Seems like your all over this website and all you do is bash the Erie Canal Village. For someone that came into Rome, NY and did nothing at all except cause headache and grief to everyone, you seem to shell out the bashes. Why don't you get a job and stop playing on the computer all day !!
Here's another idea, Why don't you pay the owner the money that you were suppose to pay him, then maybe they can put that towards the renovations of the buildings.
I know about your fair or faire as you people called it. It was terrible, It has nothing to do with the buildings or the manager who knows the " whole story". You put on a couple of skits on the front porch of the tavern, big deal.. The best part of your faire were the people that sang with that little wooden doll.. Or the magician..
I just think you should stop pretending that your "victorian Fair" was a big hit, becuase it wasn't. I actually went to the Halloween nights up there last Saturday with my family. It was actually very nice, the buildings were fine, the staff was friendly, and the scenes were wonderful.
Seems like someone is a little sad that their dream didn't come true, and they are taking it out on other people. I would almost bet that no one contacted you about the village with complaints. It has nothing to do with you, stop pretending you did anything more than rent the space for a few weeks..
grow up, get a job, support your family, and leave the local people who love it here alone..
did you go there when the yetti was there?
Jam

Mclean, VA

#25 Nov 1, 2010
where is it?

“New to Rome”

Location hidden

#26 Nov 10, 2010
Roman wrote:
Which employee I fired are you?
cocoa

Philadelphia, PA

#27 Nov 10, 2010
You're mean! Alot of us are from RFA and we spent our summer rehearsing for those plays! Atleast we are trying to be good citizens in our community! We are doing more good than alot of the adults in this town! You sound so hateful! I enjoyed spending my time at the Vic Fair! If you didn't like it, why not keep it to yourself? You are so rude!! Maybe you would prefer that we hang out and get drunk and do drugs like all of the other kids, then you would be on here complaining about that!
Roman wrote:
Yankee

Cortland, NY

#28 Nov 10, 2010
cocoa wrote:
You're mean! Alot of us are from RFA and we spent our summer rehearsing for those plays! Atleast we are trying to be good citizens in our community! We are doing more good than alot of the adults in this town! You sound so hateful! I enjoyed spending my time at the Vic Fair! If you didn't like it, why not keep it to yourself? You are so rude!! Maybe you would prefer that we hang out and get drunk and do drugs like all of the other kids, then you would be on here complaining about that!
<quoted text>
Oh, stop whining.
Victorian Fair Fail

Brooklyn, NY

#29 Nov 10, 2010
Most people I talked to (and yes I've talked to a lot regarding this) stated that they would never go back to the Village with the Victorian Fair there. No offense to anyone who put hard work into it but welcome to the business of historical sites and tourism. If people don't like it they don't like it - thats why those working the front desk were telling people to come back after the fair ended as people just didn't want to pay to see the Fair!(Also I am not a fired employee as I am way to good to work for you)
Good News!- The Fair won't be returning next year!
As far as maintenance goes you need money to do major overhauls and a historical site is not the money maker people think it is. Even with there employees getting paid minimum wage and admittance costing around $15 there is barely any profit with the 7 or so actual employees needed to run the site.( On a side note Fort Stanwix did away with there fees because it cost more to have an employee sit there and collect them than they got in return )
At this point and time the best way to help the Village or any site/park is donations. Not just here have some money but here is money to do x y or z (when ever you give large donations make sure you explicitly say what they can spend it on). Another way to help is to volunteer your time and services. Did you ever think that they may have the money to buy supplies but do not have time to use them as there are many other duties that need to be conducted?
As far as the boat goes from what I remember they already have a boat that kids can walk through so it would be funny to have another one (honestly they need to work on there exhibit themes). Yes the boat sinks - but its due to a common reason that they are aware of - if it was a real problem it would have sunk more than twice. It (the boat) is completely safe and will not sink when its being used.
Historical Sites are odd places. They are businesses that will never make money - yet it's hard to close them. There is a lot that the public will never see or know (thank god) including politics within the historical community. Unfortunately the Village being a private site with low funding and little historical direction tends to get picked on by the other sites. For those that don't know Historical Direction means what they talk about - they should pick one era and stick with it - canal/railroad, civil war, founding of Rome, etc. Part of there problem is that the events that they hold spans many different eras and actually the Victorian Fair gave a lot of the other sites even more to laugh about as the Fair was completely inaccurate and truly a disgrace.

Since: Nov 08

Brooklyn, NY

#30 Nov 10, 2010
Victorian Fair Fail wrote:
Most people I talked to (and yes I've talked to a lot regarding this) stated that they would never go back to the Village with the Victorian Fair there. No offense to anyone who put hard work into it but welcome to the business of historical sites and tourism. If people don't like it they don't like it - thats why those working the front desk were telling people to come back after the fair ended as people just didn't want to pay to see the Fair!(Also I am not a fired employee as I am way to good to work for you)
As far as maintenance goes you need money to do major overhauls and a historical site is not the money maker people think it is. Even with there employees getting paid minimum wage and admittance costing around $15 there is barely any profit with the 7 or so actual employees needed to run the site.( On a side note Fort Stanwix did away with there fees because it cost more to have an employee sit there and collect them than they got in return )
At this point and time the best way to help the Village or any site/park is donations. Not just here have some money but here is money to do x y or z (when ever you give large donations make sure you explicitly say what they can spend it on). Another way to help is to volunteer your time and services. Did you ever think that they may have the money to buy supplies but do not have time to use them as there are many other duties that need to be conducted?
As far as the boat goes from what I remember they already have a boat that kids can walk through so it would be funny to have another one (honestly they need to work on there exhibit themes). Yes the boat sinks - but its due to a common reason that they are aware of - if it was a real problem it would have sunk more than twice. It (the boat) is completely safe and will not sink when its being used.
Historical Sites are odd places. They are businesses that will never make money - yet it's hard to close them. There is a lot that the public will never see or know (thank god) including politics within the historical community. Unfortunately the Village being a private site with low funding and little historical direction tends to get picked on by the other sites. For those that don't know Historical Direction means what they talk about - they should pick one era and stick with it - canal/railroad, civil war, founding of Rome, etc. Part of there problem is that the events that they hold spans many different eras and actually the Victorian Fair gave a lot of the other sites even more to laugh about as the Fair was completely inaccurate and truly a disgrace.
just so you people understand, the Erie Canal Village is privately owned and the couple that run it are under his direction and funding. I know them and they are good hard working people but they only have limited amount of money for operations.

Since: Nov 08

Brooklyn, NY

#31 Nov 10, 2010
Here is some little history for you guys. The site is actually "Fort Bull" and was where the natives and British massacred the French troops manning the out post prior to the treaty of 1760.

“New to Rome”

Location hidden

#32 Nov 16, 2010
...thats why those working the front desk were telling people to come back after the fair ended as people just didn't want to pay to see the Fair!
Your admission that your workers turned away our customers is not necessary; we already have proof of that. Your reasons for it are not only lies, but also irrelevant. For whatever reason, it is a breach of contract and actionable. Also, double booking the site, harassment and interference of trade are actionable. I can only guess that this is Steve, which is troubling but not surprising.

As for your accusation that I owe the owner of the village any money is also a bold faced lie. The investor of the fair hasnít finished paying the final payment of rent, but I donít owe Trottier anything. If I did, it would be a matter for the courts in light of his employees breaching the contract and sabotaging my show. However, the investor has decided to handle it his own way.

Iím sure that recent developments have caused all of you problems, and itís only a matter of time before you all begin throwing each other under the bus. It couldnít have happened to a nicer bunch of conspirators. Your excuses and finger pointing wonít help you repair the damage you have all caused. Good luck trying to make it the ownerís fault.

As for your personal attacks, folks will just have to consider the source. I have also asked around and found that many things you and Melody had told me are just not true. The ďfriendsĒ Melody claimed to have canít stand her and have been hoping for years that the village would be sold or Melody and Mike would be fired. Now it appears that folks are mad that we were treated so badly and have had enough. We were not the first show to have had this happen to them at the hands of Melody and her people, but I do believe we will be the last.

As for my show, it will open next year without your interference. We hope it will be in Rome, but more likely it will not. Donít bother coming, you will be turned away.
Hurtful

New York, NY

#33 Nov 17, 2010
The ďfriendsĒ Melody claimed to have canít stand her and have been hoping for years that the village would be sold or Melody and Mike would be fired. Now it appears that folks are mad that we were treated so badly and have had enough. We were not the first show to have had this happen to them at the hands of Melody and her people, but I do believe we will be the last.

Hey Ed - I remember you sitting at their house for dinner, letting them know that you couldn't afford food for your family. Melody and Michael opened their home to you. When you left your new born baby every weekend with a random person, I remember Melody watching her and feeding her. I watched as Melody made sure Jordan got something to eat each weekend, after your staff stole food and drinks from the Village. I don't think you have a clear understanding and reality of exactly how awful your advertising was for that show. You did nothing to promote it, and your upset that it was a failure.
I am sorry that your dream of your fair did not work out, but I am truly baffled that you would come on this website and directly bash them. They did nothing but help you. If you want to come into Rome and fail at a sad excuse for a fair, pick yourself up and try it again if you think your so good. Have a little decency and do not write things on here that directly affect someone. It's a good thing they have the same feelings about you and your wife, and nothing you can say to them would hurt them. They have more in their simple way of life then you ever will.

“New to Rome”

Location hidden

#34 Nov 17, 2010
Hurtful wrote:
The ďfriendsĒ Melody claimed to have canít stand her and have been hoping for years that the village would be sold or Melody and Mike would be fired. Now it appears that folks are mad that we were treated so badly and have had enough. We were not the first show to have had this happen to them at the hands of Melody and her people, but I do believe we will be the last.
Hey Ed - I remember you sitting at their house for dinner, letting them know that you couldn't afford food for your family. Melody and Michael opened their home to you. When you left your new born baby every weekend with a random person, I remember Melody watching her and feeding her. I watched as Melody made sure Jordan got something to eat each weekend, after your staff stole food and drinks from the Village. I don't think you have a clear understanding and reality of exactly how awful your advertising was for that show. You did nothing to promote it, and your upset that it was a failure.
I am sorry that your dream of your fair did not work out, but I am truly baffled that you would come on this website and directly bash them. They did nothing but help you. If you want to come into Rome and fail at a sad excuse for a fair, pick yourself up and try it again if you think your so good. Have a little decency and do not write things on here that directly affect someone. It's a good thing they have the same feelings about you and your wife, and nothing you can say to them would hurt them. They have more in their simple way of life then you ever will.
I'm not sure who you're trying to convince or of what; things must be unraveling quickly at the village. I wish I could say I had something to do with it, but I don't. I have moved on and I am planning the next season in a new location. You can thank the volunteers, their friends and families, and the people of Rome that care about the future of Erie Canal Village.

You are correct about the advertizing though. We did a terrible job on the commercial, the radio spots were too little and too late and nobody reads the paper anymore. We already have a new media director to correct the problem for next year.

By the way, if I find out who this is, I will be making you my personal project for printing my child's name in a public forum. Believe that.

Roman-Oxon

Brooklyn, NY

#35 Nov 19, 2010
Simply put:
On November 12 the City Council Attorney issued a notification to the owner of the Erie Canal Village notifying him that he is in breech of contract of the terms under which he was sold the village at a tremendous discount. The numerous priceless artifacts owned by the City of Rome on site have been severely neglected, as has been determined by the City.
Kelly

Constableville, NY

#36 Nov 19, 2010
Roman-Oxon wrote:
Simply put:
On November 12 the City Council Attorney issued a notification to the owner of the Erie Canal Village notifying him that he is in breech of contract of the terms under which he was sold the village at a tremendous discount. The numerous priceless artifacts owned by the City of Rome on site have been severely neglected, as has been determined by the City.
Do you have any proof of this? If it's true, that would mean lawsuits and the village being taken over by the historic society. The artifacts are one of a kind, so any destroyed or damaged would be very expensive to replace. It could be a multi-million dollar lawsuit.
Kelly

Constableville, NY

#37 Nov 19, 2010
Hurtful wrote:
The only personal attacks I see are yours. I have been frustrated that Mr. Williams wont give any details, but you have made direct attacks against him. What a hypocrite! This has got to be the manager Melody hiding behind a keyboard. Reading your posts its obvious you are a nasty little liar and the rumors about you are true. Its to bad you can't be jailed for your neglect of the artifacts.
Hello Kelly

New York, NY

#38 Nov 19, 2010
Kelly wrote:
<quoted text>
The only personal attacks I see are yours. I have been frustrated that Mr. Williams wont give any details, but you have made direct attacks against him. What a hypocrite! This has got to be the manager Melody hiding behind a keyboard. Reading your posts its obvious you are a nasty little liar and the rumors about you are true. Its to bad you can't be jailed for your neglect of the artifacts.
Kelly - What details are you looking for. I would have assumed it was quite apparent that the director of the museum has nothing to do with the artifacts. It was clearly obvious in the recent posts that Mr. Williams is upset about his faire being a failure. He seems like he wants revenge toward anyone he can find, so he can place the blame on someone else.

I can assure you this is not Melody, when in fact this is someone who knows Melody, Michael, Ed Williams, His wife Danielle, and the staff of both the faire and the erie canal village.

I am quite certain that this forum was made to provide people in the local area ideas of things to do and events. Seems as though Mr. Williams is using this for his own personal pleasure of attacking people.

I have been reading these posts but have not commented until now. To call someone a nasty little liar, when you have no proof is slander and should be not tolerated on this website. There is no proof of any damaged artifacts, and also no proof of any letter going to the erie canal. Anything that is hear say should be omited from this site.

As for you Mr. Williams, I think your games should be just about over. I have heard multiple things about your so called "faire". I do believe that you have every intention of doing something great in Rome, NY, however when it did not work you should have moved on. To enter a website and slander names are threaten to make someone your personal project, only makes your ignorance shine through. I would like to see your little faire move and go forward however not at the erie canal village. I understand your frustration, but from someone who knows all of you very well, I'd advise this nonsense to stop. The Erie Canal Village had absolutely nothing to do with your failure and neither did melody, michael, or any of the artifacts you seem to claim area damaged.

“New to Rome”

Location hidden

#39 Nov 22, 2010
E R Williams wrote:
<quoted text>
I can only guess that this is Steve, which is troubling but not surprising.
The gentleman in question contacted me and assured me that he has not posted on this forum. Further, he assured me that he has never posted on any site and is not involved with any slander against me, my company or my family. I believe him and want to take this opportunity to apologize for mentioning his first name on pure speculation. I would like to point out that I am not an anonymous coward hiding behind a keyboard. When this person contacted me and was worried that I might think he was such a person, it was obvious to me an apology was in order.

I have identified myself from the beginning and am willing and able to prove everything I post. As I stated before, folks should consider the source of what they read on Topix.
Fix Thefernback

New York, NY

#40 Nov 22, 2010
E R Williams wrote:
<quoted text>
The gentleman in question contacted me and assured me that he has not posted on this forum. Further, he assured me that he has never posted on any site and is not involved with any slander against me, my company or my family. I believe him and want to take this opportunity to apologize for mentioning his first name on pure speculation. I would like to point out that I am not an anonymous coward hiding behind a keyboard. When this person contacted me and was worried that I might think he was such a person, it was obvious to me an apology was in order.
I have identified myself from the beginning and am willing and able to prove everything I post. As I stated before, folks should consider the source of what they read on Topix.
Hey ER Williams I'm organizing an A-Team Fan Festival but I'm going to need a little seed money. How about you open up that checkbook of yours and help a couple A-Team Fanatics out.

You're guaranteed to quadruple your investment. Come on what are you waiting?

The original cast will be there, even George Peppard, his family is giving us permission to dig up his body! So what do you say dude????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what was the name of that seafood restaurant th... (Oct '10) 12 min sea 8
Spirit Halloween 13 min JACK 3
Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 19 min in the know 6,436
SEX OFFENDER-Rome 19 min mama june 21
Biggest badasses in Rome 32 min -CatCiao- 55
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 36 min democrats 16,788
Rome Cop Rape Charge 40 min Truth 60
Deer Hunters Are Stupid 49 min -CatCiao- 20
•••
•••
•••

Rome Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Rome People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••