Ignore meat petition

Ignore meat petition

Posted in the Rome Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
I likes me some bacon

Holland Patent, NY

#1 Feb 13, 2014
... 150 people with a moral issue? You have got to be joking.
Guido Sarduciiiii

Syracuse, NY

#2 Feb 13, 2014
put the plant next to the MAYORS house!
STFUandEattheDam nPorkChop

Cantonment, FL

#3 Feb 13, 2014
make sure they keep pigs & beef separate
Jake

Hamilton, NY

#4 Feb 13, 2014
Do those 150 people even know what they signed! Why would or should Tony's Pizza care? Let's start a petition to stop buying Tony's Pizza!
What

Cohoes, NY

#5 Feb 14, 2014
Which Tonys??? Not good for business. Encourage jobs in our city not have petitions. So wrong!
LOL

Moravia, NY

#6 Feb 14, 2014
tonys pizza on jay st. So lets boycott this place. there pretty stupid i wont go there any more.
lagree

Rome, NY

#7 Feb 15, 2014
I agree about not going to Tony's on Jay St. for petitioning meat plant. Petition Tony's
lagree

Syracuse, NY

#8 Feb 15, 2014
we do NOT need that plant in ROME!
taxation

New Paltz, NY

#9 Feb 15, 2014
Stfu we need jobs in rome to get scum in rome off welfare like yourself. Cant use no available jobs as an excuse if there are jobs available. If you have an education you must not use it because any genius knows this could help Rome and its suffering economy and outlook. Stop smoking your joints... get a life.
taxation

Syracuse, NY

#10 Feb 15, 2014
we do NOT want or need that plant in ROME!
Im undecided

Holland Patent, NY

#11 Feb 15, 2014
taxation wrote:
we do NOT want or need that plant in ROME!
Why? Please explain. Thank you.

Since: Mar 12

Lyons, NY

#12 Feb 15, 2014
Let me get this straight. The zoning in E-3 allows for the manufacturing of pet food (which has meat in it), but the zoning doesn't allow processing people food according to the Zoning Board in a 3 to 2 vote.
The people that are crying because animals are killed for food should get a life. Just because they don't eat meat or just opposed to having this business in Rome need to stop trying to force their beliefs on others. These are the same people that think hunting should not be allowed.
E-3 has the words manufacturing and processing activities in the "Purpose" paragraph of the code. If this business can't go here, where is it allowed? If you say no where in Rome, then the courts will tell you that is illegal and the taxpayers will pay this businessman big time. Furthermore, because it was a 3 to 2 vote this shows the code is vague and the court could rule this decision is unconstitutional. There is case law out there saying exactly that.
The 150 signitures on the petition are not using the law to support their position. They are using their feelings and the court will not recognize that as a valid reason to block the meat processing plant.
Good Soldier Lacky

Holland Patent, NY

#13 Feb 15, 2014
Joe S 1212 wrote:
Let me get this straight. The zoning in E-3 allows for the manufacturing of pet food (which has meat in it), but the zoning doesn't allow processing people food according to the Zoning Board in a 3 to 2 vote.
The people that are crying because animals are killed for food should get a life. Just because they don't eat meat or just opposed to having this business in Rome need to stop trying to force their beliefs on others. These are the same people that think hunting should not be allowed.
E-3 has the words manufacturing and processing activities in the "Purpose" paragraph of the code. If this business can't go here, where is it allowed? If you say no where in Rome, then the courts will tell you that is illegal and the taxpayers will pay this businessman big time. Furthermore, because it was a 3 to 2 vote this shows the code is vague and the court could rule this decision is unconstitutional. There is case law out there saying exactly that.
The 150 signitures on the petition are not using the law to support their position. They are using their feelings and the court will not recognize that as a valid reason to block the meat processing plant.
Very well said. I'll go one step further. There are a number of people who believe that Mr. Domenico should have stuck with his first "interpretation" and allowed the use. But, as usual, he passed the buck. I wonder why? LOL
let's be honest

Blossvale, NY

#14 Feb 15, 2014
Tony's uses meat on their pizzas.... Where do they think it comes from? Wouldn't they want to try to support a local slaughterhouse?
Jake

Hamilton, NY

#15 Feb 16, 2014
Good Soldier Lacky wrote:
<quoted text>Very well said. I'll go one step further. There are a number of people who believe that Mr. Domenico should have stuck with his first "interpretation" and allowed the use. But, as usual, he passed the buck. I wonder why? LOL
Mr. Dominico has tiny gonads and Tony's on Jay St. Should be boycotted! Let's start a petition not to eat pizza at Tony's anymore they are hypocrites!.
frankie

Syracuse, NY

#16 Feb 16, 2014
Joe S 1212 wrote:
Let me get this straight. The zoning in E-3 allows for the manufacturing of pet food (which has meat in it), but the zoning doesn't allow processing people food according to the Zoning Board in a 3 to 2 vote.
The people that are crying because animals are killed for food should get a life. Just because they don't eat meat or just opposed to having this business in Rome need to stop trying to force their beliefs on others. These are the same people that think hunting should not be allowed.
E-3 has the words manufacturing and processing activities in the "Purpose" paragraph of the code. If this business can't go here, where is it allowed? If you say no where in Rome, then the courts will tell you that is illegal and the taxpayers will pay this businessman big time. Furthermore, because it was a 3 to 2 vote this shows the code is vague and the court could rule this decision is unconstitutional. There is case law out there saying exactly that.
The 150 signitures on the petition are not using the law to support their position. They are using their feelings and the court will not recognize that as a valid reason to block the meat processing plant.
maybe we should put it in YOUR neiborhood! bet you would be the 1st to n itch! get a life & mind your own bussiness@! we do NOT want it in rome! let the guy sue rome!
umm

Rome, NY

#17 Feb 16, 2014
frankie wrote:
<quoted text>maybe we should put it in YOUR neiborhood! bet you would be the 1st to n itch! get a life & mind your own bussiness@! we do NOT want it in rome! let the guy sue rome!
try making sense next time you try to type something
frankie

Syracuse, NY

#18 Feb 16, 2014
we do NOT WANT IT IN ROME! can you understand that!
Wrong

Penn Yan, NY

#19 Feb 16, 2014
frankie wrote:
we do NOT WANT IT IN ROME! can you understand that!
You and 149 others don't want it. Sorry you lose.
not on E Dominick St

Syracuse, NY

#20 Feb 16, 2014
at the very least this should be on outside of the city proper. This isn't just a processing plant, it is a slaughterhouse. I don't think it belongs IN the city proper.
Slaughterhouses mean live animals. Live animals mean animal waste. What are the plans to dispose of this waste? It's pretty close to the canal...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chris 5 min Coworker 1
John Ciotti??? 1 hr True story 20
Tenney 1 hr Le Obvious 2
Bass fishing 2 hr fly 14 3
Girls who lie about their age should get crimin... 3 hr okimar 12
Transgender bathrooms at RFA 3 hr Really 9
News Homeless man gets makeover from big-hearted cops 4 hr fly 14 43

Rome Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rome Mortgages