Snowmobile crash kills Rome man

Snowmobile crash kills Rome man

There are 20 comments on the WSTM-TV Syracuse story from Mar 15, 2014, titled Snowmobile crash kills Rome man. In it, WSTM-TV Syracuse reports that:

Oneida Sheriff's Deputies say 38 year old Michael Hrim, from Rome, was riding on Trail C7F near Humaston Road about 12:45am, when his 2002 Yamaha went over a snowbank and went airborned.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WSTM-TV Syracuse.

ryder

Harpursville, NY

#2 Mar 17, 2014
He was a good dude. R.I.P Mike.
sad

Chatham, NY

#4 Mar 18, 2014
Rip so sorry vinny
sad

Chatham, NY

#5 Mar 18, 2014
Vinny is a nice girl w two beautiful boys.feel so bad. Keep strong vinny mike is still w you and will be watching over you and the boys
Beans

Utica, NY

#6 Mar 18, 2014
Snowmobiles are bad news! Not needed !
rider two

Syracuse, NY

#7 Mar 18, 2014
i know the area very well. it's tempting to throttle up as it's flat and straight there. problem is that it's also quite narrow with obstacles/ trees on both sides. if you catch a rut or dart to 1 side or the other for just second at high speed it's easy to overcompensate sending you into the trees. this man paid the ultimate for his poor decision to fly like a bat outa hell.
i wish the trails were closed shortly after dark. you can't enjoy the sport when you can only see a few yards ahead. add to that the fact that some riders are impaired from alcohol and you get more angels and sad families. so sad...
lol

Brattleboro, VT

#8 Mar 18, 2014
Hope vinny is doing ok and kids
Beans

Utica, NY

#9 Mar 18, 2014
The one who disagreed with me is a dumb dickhead!
sad

Needham, MA

#10 Mar 18, 2014
I agree i hate snowmobiles you just have to ride with caution and i agree with cutting night riding
sad

Needham, MA

#11 Mar 18, 2014
I just feel so bad for family really do their is nothing i can do vinny you are amazing girl and you will get through it your not alone.it's hard to lose the one you love but mike is still with you and will always be in your heart. Just remember the goid times and memories and keep strong for your beautiful boys your blessed you have them.
the other man

Weedsport, NY

#12 Mar 18, 2014
did he have life insurance?
is the wedding planned already?
rome

New Hartford, NY

#13 Mar 18, 2014
rider two wrote:
i know the area very well. it's tempting to throttle up as it's flat and straight there. problem is that it's also quite narrow with obstacles/ trees on both sides. if you catch a rut or dart to 1 side or the other for just second at high speed it's easy to overcompensate sending you into the trees. this man paid the ultimate for his poor decision to fly like a bat outa hell.
i wish the trails were closed shortly after dark. you can't enjoy the sport when you can only see a few yards ahead. add to that the fact that some riders are impaired from alcohol and you get more angels and sad families. so sad...
Your an idiot shut your mouth this was a tragedy to assume alcohol or he made or bad decision you can't make that call you weren't there all that matters is his kids grow up without a dad now show respect
unbelievable

Utica, NY

#14 Mar 18, 2014
suddenly they think they go to heaven and want respect, wow! now i heard it all!
Take another read

Penn Yan, NY

#15 Mar 18, 2014
rome wrote:
<quoted text>
Your an idiot shut your mouth this was a tragedy to assume alcohol or he made or bad decision you can't make that call you weren't there all that matters is his kids grow up without a dad now show respect
Wow the op never said he was drinking and yes it was a bad decision, puttering around on a snowmobile does not cause one to go airborne, traveling at a high rate of speed does.
Sad for all.
wow

Conklin, NY

#16 Mar 18, 2014
Lets just worry about the Family and how they are Doin.i don't think wedding stuff is on anybody mind right now.
rider two

Syracuse, NY

#17 Mar 19, 2014
rome wrote:
<quoted text>
as another commenter observed; i made no such assumptions. "excessive speed" was however cited as the cause of Mr. Hrim's demise. i've been riding snowmobiles since the 70's and it pains me to know that every year a few more families will be without a loved one for no other reason than that person "decided" to exceed reasonable speed limits. that's a "bad decision" and although it pizzes you off that i pointed that out, Mr Hrim's obituary proves otherwise. may he rest in peace and may others learn from his fatal mistake.
who da man

Oneida, NY

#18 Mar 19, 2014
wo da lawyer go 2 be 4 da lawr sute?
omg

Springfield, MA

#19 Mar 19, 2014
What law suit you are a idiot leave this alone let him rip done and over with people need to have respect my god
who da man

Oneida, NY

#20 Mar 19, 2014
weez beez can no watch dem ovor dare.

wo be foult, hazta bee some 1 falt?
Talk about resurrecting

Penn Yan, NY

#21 Mar 19, 2014
Please listen.
If this angers you do not reply instead do this:

"Can I get posts removed from the site?
The best way to have content reviewed for removal is by sending us a direct link to the content through our Feedback system, and our moderators will review the content for violations of our Terms of Service. To do this, click "Feedback" at the bottom of any Topix page and follow directions to send us a Feedback request."
Just ask them to remove it.

If you comment on it it will continue to be resurrected.

Let the family find peace and strength.
Let rider be in peace.
who da man

Oneida, NY

#22 Mar 19, 2014
wat waz hiz laz wordz?
do he admit to anythin?
du he show remorze?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 14 min positronium 6,492
Customers of Enjem's Flooring ..Must Read 3 hr Toot toot 2
The Grand (Stonehedge (Mar '15) 3 hr Toot toot 8
Are Black's in Rome taking over 3 hr White knights 8
Are there any good trt in this area 3 hr 4real 1
Rome Cops - do you feel safe? (Mar '11) 4 hr Copblocker 48
Christopher Hildenbrandt, 36, of Rome 4 hr Ron Johnson 22
News Police: Reward offered in 'serious' assault of ... 12 hr Uncle Daddy 26

Rome Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rome Mortgages