New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

Judged:

You now want to the district the elementary schools to 300 to 450 students in each? You should have thought about this when you closed our other neighborhood elementary schools, Columbus, Dewitt Clinton and Fort Stanwix. Now you have too many students in Bellamy and Denti. You want to redistrict the neighborhoods again and shift them out of their neighborhoods and send them north? I don't understand the thought behind this. If there is not enough students in Joy or Stokes or Ridge Mills, close those schools. Don't inconvenience city of Rome neighborhood schools. You need to be impeached. Do us a favor and resign NOW.
another taxpayer

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

Judged:

Agreed! Please, please, please, BOE, get rid of Simons! there must be someone on the board who thinks independently and is not just a rubber stamp for Jeff!! We had great neighborhood schools with a sense of pride and community around them. I am sure those kids are on the bus long enough, let alone making them ride any further. How idiotic! Who would ever want to move their family to Rome with such a dysfunctional school district?! In one breath we are moving our high school back to the city and in the next we are moving more of our elementary students to Lee! It would be funny if it wasn't so awful!!
and another taxpayer

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

think this process out. we need our neighborhood schools where they are not across town. How will I get my kids to school if they miss the bus or need to come home early because they are sick. I don't have a car. I walk my kids to school ans pick them up. What are we to do??
Board

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

taxpayer wrote:
You now want to the district the elementary schools to 300 to 450 students in each? You should have thought about this when you closed our other neighborhood elementary schools, Columbus, Dewitt Clinton and Fort Stanwix. Now you have too many students in Bellamy and Denti. You want to redistrict the neighborhoods again and shift them out of their neighborhoods and send them north? I don't understand the thought behind this. If there is not enough students in Joy or Stokes or Ridge Mills, close those schools. Don't inconvenience city of Rome neighborhood schools. You need to be impeached. Do us a favor and resign NOW.
Another option would be after we build the new RFA where the old one was we could convert the present RFA to REA (Rome Elementary Academy) Grades pre K -8th. We could convert the other elementary schools to special needs. One a reformatory, one a senior learning center, one where refuges could be bused in and were you can get a GED. The leftover can be converted to apartments like Byrnes was. The exception of Byrnes is the city would collect rent.The rent for apartments and special needs schools would be applied to costs for new school. After a substantial tax increase it would all jive or come out in the wash.
Larry

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2013

Simons and the board have to go. We need a charter school! How many of those people who fill the Nano Tech jobs will move to Rome? Once they get a look at our schools report card they will never relocate here. It's going to be hard enough to keep our bright young couples to stay here. What will be left is a bunch of undesirables!
Grumpy68

Durhamville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Larry wrote:
Simons and the board have to go. We need a charter school! How many of those people who fill the Nano Tech jobs will move to Rome? Once they get a look at our schools report card they will never relocate here. It's going to be hard enough to keep our bright young couples to stay here. What will be left is a bunch of undesirables!
get off the crack! NOBODY is going to move to Rome! What NANO JOBS?Get Real!
Honk on Bobo

Pensacola, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

sounds like the
place is ALREADY
full of undesirables~~~

Honk

on

Bobo.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

98 Users are viewing the Rome Forum right now

Search the Rome Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
rpd pull jp thread? 12 min tudie 160
who has the guts to reveal SusieQ's real name 15 min Suzy Q 2
Zensational massage from addict Nikki Hanson! 41 min customer 5
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 53 min Habanero Harv 16,760
Stfu Tracy Smith 54 min Habanero Harv 12
Here comes your next Mayor Jim Brown 55 min he will 27
ashley fox 55 min Habanero Harv 12
RPD officer Served and Protected his own needs 58 min Habanero Harv 68
•••
•••
•••
•••

Rome Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••