Track team disqualified, Seriously?

Track team disqualified, Seriously?

Posted in the Rome Forum

name

Brooklyn, NY

#1 May 5, 2013
a track team gets banned from competition because one of its runners, upon crossing the finish line, points to the sky, in a praise God type of way, which apparently is frowned upon. so i say the next time he crosses the finish line he should point down instead! why is it that the media seemingly wants to keep God out of the headlines? tim tebow: " i'm a christian ", media: " keep it to yourself". nba basketball player: " i'm gay ", media: " this guy is a hero ".
Brutus

Brooklyn, NY

#2 May 5, 2013
Quit your crying.
ooandpe

Brooklyn, NY

#4 May 5, 2013
no, he's not crying, just stating a fact. i agree with name. the media seems to support or at least cover the news of homosexuals more then it does religion. maybe we're living in a world where there's more homosexuals then religious people!
GO FOR IT

Utica, NY

#5 May 5, 2013
WE COULD CARE LESS ABOUT GIRLS TRACK MEETS.. A JOKE!
ooandpe

Brooklyn, NY

#6 May 5, 2013
no, not a joke, it's in the headlines, i just saw it on yahoo and it was a mens' team
anothermonday

Brooklyn, NY

#7 May 6, 2013
we obviously live in a world where moral guilt and science are colliding, as well as science and religion colliding. sooner or later, we are going to have to address this issue with religion and moral guilt/science, and do so at a congressional level because almost everywhere you look, religion and or science are not only colliding but taring apart our society as a whole!
nailedit

Brooklyn, NY

#8 May 6, 2013
the collision comment is pretty accurate. something needs to done! it's like everything we were raised to believe in and not accept , we are now being asked to embrace with open arms!
notnow

Brooklyn, NY

#9 May 7, 2013
finally, someone gets it!
nitengale

Brooklyn, NY

#10 May 8, 2013
what a day and age we live in!!!
poif

Brooklyn, NY

#11 May 9, 2013
ridiculous
ooc

Brooklyn, NY

#12 May 9, 2013
things are outta control, like if i here one more story about a kid getting kicked out of school over the shirt they were wearing! wtf
last days

Utica, NY

#13 May 9, 2013
the end is near! get ready!
letsgo

Brooklyn, NY

#14 May 10, 2013
absolutely ridiculous

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Merry Christmas, Romans! 1 hr musicalfruit 2
who cleaned up fisher auto 2 hr im yer captain 2
Turning Stone 2 hr Warbucks 11
murder at fisher auto (May '13) 2 hr im yer captain 133
franklin marshall 3 hr korrie 3
Traitor Tenney 4 hr truth 3
Lilly at turning stone 5 hr heather 3
Greystone Animal (Jan '12) 14 hr Popcorn 64

Rome Jobs

More from around the web