Next Last
iwonder

United States

#1 Feb 10, 2013
Who robbed Tops earlier tonight??!!
lol

Camden, NY

#2 Feb 10, 2013
Don't worry folks RPD is working hard to keep us all safe and solve all these crimes. Especially the hard working detectives. You can bet on it
lol@you

Rome, NY

#3 Feb 10, 2013
lol wrote:
Don't worry folks RPD is working hard to keep us all safe and solve all these crimes. Especially the hard working detectives. You can bet on it
Lolllll
Lol

Rome, NY

#4 Feb 10, 2013
Well you see the results of having an idiot as a public safety commish. Robberies becoming common place the poilce lack direction and we have a totsal idiot running thing. Pretty soon there will be shooting in Rome like in Utica.
CONCERNED

Watertown, NY

#5 Feb 10, 2013
Look,
Before the unsavories take this discussion over I want to have my turn. First, I will admit we have some bad cops in Rome but let us not feel like the lone ranger. All cities and towns have the same thing. Given the business I'm in I deal with the RPD often. If you are respectful you will get treated the same way, and I don't mean given special treatment. When I'm wrong about a police matter, I'm wrong, plain and simple. I will respect whatever the Police decide in a matter and go on. I might not agree but I won't argue. These guys, and all first responders have my fullest respect. What about the fireman that is awaken at 2:00 am to respond to a call. He can't just say, "I'm too tired, I'm going back to sleep. Same with the cops, they go no matter what. I close my eyes and can see those brave men climbing dozens of flights of stairs at the WTC on 9/'11, never hesitating, just doing the job for which they were hired, no matter what. We, as private citizens can "bang in" whenever we want and at worse, lose a days pay. Stop, think about this, and then comment if you choose. I will gurantee those that start the trash talk here, for the most part, have a rap sheet. Of course, all of you are innocent, the cops just needed something to do so they busted you. Look at those poor guys, somewhere in our state that responded to a fire and were ambushed and killed. Would you put yourself in that position? I don't think I could. Stop the bullshit and think about ways in which you can help our city, not badmouth it. Believe me, if many of us did this we would have a better place to live, a place we can be proud of. Who cares about who is the most endowed, or who smokes the most crack or is a Pitbull a good dog? I challange all of you to do something to make Rome a better place to live. You might be surprised. It wouldn't happen overnight but you will begin to see the difference in a short time. OK, do you want to make asshole statements or do you want to join in? You don't have to tell anyone if you're joining, just do it on the QT. I'll be back.
lol wrote:
Lol

Rome, NY

#6 Feb 10, 2013
CONCERNED wrote:
Look,
Before the unsavories take this discussion over I want to have my turn. First, I will admit we have some bad cops in Rome but let us not feel like the lone ranger. All cities and towns have the same thing. Given the business I'm in I deal with the RPD often. If you are respectful you will get treated the same way, and I don't mean given special treatment. When I'm wrong about a police matter, I'm wrong, plain and simple. I will respect whatever the Police decide in a matter and go on. I might not agree but I won't argue. These guys, and all first responders have my fullest respect. What about the fireman that is awaken at 2:00 am to respond to a call. He can't just say, "I'm too tired, I'm going back to sleep. Same with the cops, they go no matter what. I close my eyes and can see those brave men climbing dozens of flights of stairs at the WTC on 9/'11, never hesitating, just doing the job for which they were hired, no matter what. We, as private citizens can "bang in" whenever we want and at worse, lose a days pay. Stop, think about this, and then comment if you choose. I will gurantee those that start the trash talk here, for the most part, have a rap sheet. Of course, all of you are innocent, the cops just needed something to do so they busted you. Look at those poor guys, somewhere in our state that responded to a fire and were ambushed and killed. Would you put yourself in that position? I don't think I could. Stop the bullshit and think about ways in which you can help our city, not badmouth it. Believe me, if many of us did this we would have a better place to live, a place we can be proud of. Who cares about who is the most endowed, or who smokes the most crack or is a Pitbull a good dog? I challange all of you to do something to make Rome a better place to live. You might be surprised. It wouldn't happen overnight but you will begin to see the difference in a short time. OK, do you want to make asshole statements or do you want to join in? You don't have to tell anyone if you're joining, just do it on the QT. I'll be back. <quoted text>
Kiss it! You want Rome to be a bette rplace then get the cops off their asses and stop hiding behind buildings. Then get a public safety commis that knows what law enforcement is and how to apply it. Then get rid of the nut case we have as our mayor. Other than that save the speech. Joe
truth

Bronx, NY

#7 Feb 11, 2013
Rome police do not do anything them selves everything is out sourced. So when it comes to these robberies they don't know what to do. Rome police are glorified traffic police... They sit in their cars and look for someone speeding or whatever, but when it comes to drug busts or bank robberies or anything big they call in the state troopers.
now i agree some cops in this city are good, the select few, but they doesn't mean anything when the rest are shit
safe

United States

#8 Feb 11, 2013
CONCERNED wrote:
Look,
Before the unsavories take this discussion over I want to have my turn. First, I will admit we have some bad cops in Rome but let us not feel like the lone ranger. All cities and towns have the same thing. Given the business I'm in I deal with the RPD often. If you are respectful you will get treated the same way, and I don't mean given special treatment. When I'm wrong about a police matter, I'm wrong, plain and simple. I will respect whatever the Police decide in a matter and go on. I might not agree but I won't argue. These guys, and all first responders have my fullest respect. What about the fireman that is awaken at 2:00 am to respond to a call. He can't just say, "I'm too tired, I'm going back to sleep. Same with the cops, they go no matter what. I close my eyes and can see those brave men climbing dozens of flights of stairs at the WTC on 9/'11, never hesitating, just doing the job for which they were hired, no matter what. We, as private citizens can "bang in" whenever we want and at worse, lose a days pay. Stop, think about this, and then comment if you choose. I will gurantee those that start the trash talk here, for the most part, have a rap sheet. Of course, all of you are innocent, the cops just needed something to do so they busted you. Look at those poor guys, somewhere in our state that responded to a fire and were ambushed and killed. Would you put yourself in that position? I don't think I could. Stop the bullshit and think about ways in which you can help our city, not badmouth it. Believe me, if many of us did this we would have a better place to live, a place we can be proud of. Who cares about who is the most endowed, or who smokes the most crack or is a Pitbull a good dog? I challange all of you to do something to make Rome a better place to live. You might be surprised. It wouldn't happen overnight but you will begin to see the difference in a short time. OK, do you want to make asshole statements or do you want to join in? You don't have to tell anyone if you're joining, just do it on the QT. I'll be back. <quoted text>
very well said. But you won't. Get through to uneducated people who look at things or people only from one side. They are narrow minded ane negative but yet would never be able to step a foot into a job like that ever. God forbid this person ever put their life out there daily but can sit here on computer like a punk a hide a talk trash. If you gave suggestions to make rpd better come to the station in person and say what needs to change instead of being a coward on here. You must have been arrestested before is all i can think of for you to be so negative. This person needs to get some help.
really wondering

Hampton, VA

#9 Feb 11, 2013
CONCERNED wrote:
Look,
Make rome great-get fusco out as mayor@!
dakotah cayton

Rome, NY

#11 Feb 11, 2013
CONCERNED wrote:
Look,
Before the unsavories take this discussion over I want to have my turn. First, I will admit we have some bad cops in Rome but let us not feel like the lone ranger. All cities and towns have the same thing. Given the business I'm in I deal with the RPD often. If you are respectful you will get treated the same way, and I don't mean given special treatment. When I'm wrong about a police matter, I'm wrong, plain and simple. I will respect whatever the Police decide in a matter and go on. I might not agree but I won't argue. These guys, and all first responders have my fullest respect. What about the fireman that is awaken at 2:00 am to respond to a call. He can't just say, "I'm too tired, I'm going back to sleep. Same with the cops, they go no matter what. I close my eyes and can see those brave men climbing dozens of flights of stairs at the WTC on 9/'11, never hesitating, just doing the job for which they were hired, no matter what. We, as private citizens can "bang in" whenever we want and at worse, lose a days pay. Stop, think about this, and then comment if you choose. I will gurantee those that start the trash talk here, for the most part, have a rap sheet. Of course, all of you are innocent, the cops just needed something to do so they busted you. Look at those poor guys, somewhere in our state that responded to a fire and were ambushed and killed. Would you put yourself in that position? I don't think I could. Stop the bullshit and think about ways in which you can help our city, not badmouth it. Believe me, if many of us did this we would have a better place to live, a place we can be proud of. Who cares about who is the most endowed, or who smokes the most crack or is a Pitbull a good dog? I challange all of you to do something to make Rome a better place to live. You might be surprised. It wouldn't happen overnight but you will begin to see the difference in a short time. OK, do you want to make asshole statements or do you want to join in? You don't have to tell anyone if you're joining, just do it on ithe QT. I'll be back. <quoted text>
I have a very long rap sheet but hopefully that part of my life is over.but don't be so quick to judge people.I may hate police officers but there are a few good ones who have always shown me respect.so I thank them for doin the job most of us wouldn't do.thank you and good luck on the tops robbery case
Someone with Sense

Windsor, CT

#12 Feb 11, 2013
dakotah cayton wrote:
<quoted text>I have a very long rap sheet but hopefully that part of my life is over.but don't be so quick to judge people.I may hate police officers but there are a few good ones who have always shown me respect.so I thank them for doin the job most of us wouldn't do.thank you and good luck on the tops robbery case
Well put......
but

New York, NY

#13 Feb 11, 2013
but there was cop sitting right out front most of the night hiding behind snowbanks by the blvd in tops parking lot, funny just like there was at kennedy arena when that market got robbed. funny how i drove by both of those places right before, what a coincidence.

Yeah, more police is the answer said the m o r o n
We need it

Rome, NY

#14 Feb 11, 2013
Lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Kiss it! You want Rome to be a bette rplace then get the cops off their asses and stop hiding behind buildings. Then get a public safety commis that knows what law enforcement is and how to apply it. Then get rid of the nut case we have as our mayor. Other than that save the speech. Joe
Masucci needs to come back. At least the police and fire were held accountable.
really wondering

Hampton, VA

#15 Feb 11, 2013
but wrote:
but there was cop sitting right out front most of the night hiding behind snowbanks by the blvd in tops parking lot, funny just like there was at kennedy arena when that market got robbed. funny how i drove by both of those places right before, what a coincidence.
maybe the cops need bigger guns...says the NRA members...

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#16 Feb 11, 2013
really wondering wrote:
<quoted text>Make rome great-get fusco out as mayor@!
Yes,I agree the mayor is no good. This is why we need to take it into our own hands. We all need to keep this city from completely going into the toilet. Take accountability. We can not blame Fusco for everything. I believe good people have given up caring. We need to care again. Do something to improve the city. I agree with "Concerned". Until we get a good Mayor again,we need to take control of the reins. Complaining is not helping.
LOLLL

Rome, NY

#17 Feb 11, 2013
but wrote:
They also hide on Floyd Ave or behind the Griffiss Industrial Park sign.
Wow

Watertown, NY

#18 Feb 11, 2013
I think they're more focused on busting on the women bartenders in town. Big busts. Lol. Nice job guys.
Lol

Rome, NY

#19 Feb 11, 2013
really wondering wrote:
<quoted text>maybe the cops need bigger guns...says the NRA members...
Thats funny. You give the Rome cops bigger gun they would just shoot them self in the foot.
Tammy

Tully, NY

#20 Feb 12, 2013
Wow wrote:
I think they're more focused on busting on the women bartenders in town. Big busts. Lol. Nice job guys.
ow what a suprise...underage kids at buckys, the mill & lupias...who would have ever guessed!
really

Brooklyn, NY

#21 Feb 12, 2013
How smart can the cops be really bc if the guy took off runnin down south james street when they get the call wouldnt u think they would drive that way. They arent very smart almost every store in rome has been robbed very sad. This city is goin to be no place good to live anymore

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Republicans endorses Izzo for mayor over Fusco ... 51 min Sassy Sissy 36
Why are tests scores so low at RFA 1 hr Hay JULIE 117
Does anyone read the Rome Sentinel (Sep '14) 1 hr NotALocal 18
Save a lot 1 hr NotALocal 32
whats up with julie moore (Jun '11) 2 hr Appalled Appalled 18
Do you approve of Joseph R Fusco Jr. as Mayor o... (Jun '12) 3 hr Slim shady 51
Police viper Park Drive 5 hr racerskis 12
More from around the web

Rome People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE