How about a serious thread and not a ...

How about a serious thread and not a scumbag Rome topix for a change

Posted in the Rome Forum

umustbeanoffende r

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Jul 21, 2013
I know Rome doesn't have THAT many scumbags so all the nasty time wasting lack of intelligence threads seem to rule the day, what about a serious discussion like the State of the City, keeping businesses going, helping your good neighbors and the elderly?
Solution

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Jul 21, 2013
whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive.
it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it!
lol

Ithaca, NY

#3 Jul 21, 2013
umustbeanoffender wrote:
I know Rome doesn't have THAT many scumbags so all the nasty time wasting lack of intelligence threads seem to rule the day, what about a serious discussion like the State of the City, keeping businesses going, helping your good neighbors and the elderly?
Funny....you took the time to create this, but couldnt take the time to actually make a solid topic? Why am I not surprised! And I am not even trying to be a dink, just curious why you couldnt just create a positive topic.
umustbeanoffende r

Brooklyn, NY

#4 Jul 21, 2013
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny....you took the time to create this, but couldnt take the time to actually make a solid topic? Why am I not surprised! And I am not even trying to be a dink, just curious why you couldnt just create a positive topic.
I tried that before and all I got back was more trashy, sexual filthy conversations about every body part there is. So I already know that doesn't work so good
Saltynuts BF

Moravia, NY

#5 Jul 21, 2013
Did i say how Saltynuts love to suck C'''K!
bewildered

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Jul 21, 2013
She's right! There's way too much trash on the Rome topics- go look at other locations Rome looks like dirt bags. trashing people to no end. That's why this town is going to hell. I for one have an opinion and a suggestion. WE need some road side street vendors, popcorn, hotdogs, roasted peanuts, why should McDonalds, Burger King and Wendy's get all the bizz, There's Scotty's but lately I don't even see him and he only comes out sometimes when there a reason like Honor America days parade and fir works, the you see all the EXPENSIVE balloons, light ups and toys they charge too much!. I'd love to see the everyday vendor like New York City has.
When there's multiples they could have price wars, people complain about vendors permits but they don't stay out long enough to get pay back,

Do you remember ever being 11 o'clock at night and want some roasted peanuts, popcorn, candy or a hot dog I can!
Lurkin In the Shadows

Utica, NY

#7 Jul 29, 2013
bewildered wrote:
She's right! There's way too much trash on the Rome topics- go look at other locations Rome looks like dirt bags. trashing people to no end. That's why this town is going to hell. I for one have an opinion and a suggestion. WE need some road side street vendors, popcorn, hotdogs, roasted peanuts, why should McDonalds, Burger King and Wendy's get all the bizz, There's Scotty's but lately I don't even see him and he only comes out sometimes when there a reason like Honor America days parade and fir works, the you see all the EXPENSIVE balloons, light ups and toys they charge too much!. I'd love to see the everyday vendor like New York City has.
When there's multiples they could have price wars, people complain about vendors permits but they don't stay out long enough to get pay back,
Do you remember ever being 11 o'clock at night and want some roasted peanuts, popcorn, candy or a hot dog I can!
I agree with you and the OP. I usually just lurk because I do not like to make a perfectly harmless statement, only to be flamed, or worse, by some lowlife with nothing better to do than be a miserable jerk.

I would like to think that there are still decent folks around that can be civil to their fellow humans and if not, then to at least keep their vile mouths shut.

I don't know how to go about having a Rome themed online site that works for good. It will never happen here because Topix seems to thrive on this sort of slanderous demeaning garbage. Either that or they just can't man up and admit they can not or will not control it.

In any case, you have my support in your attempts.
DisQualified

Utica, NY

#8 Jul 29, 2013
FOOD, FOOD, FOOOOOOOOD!!!

seriously. you pigs have bad problem.

with all of the Nanotech, alternative energy, 3D Printing, Cannabis Med Tech... all that going on that could be pioneered here...

and aaaalll they can think about to "save" the town is more fast food, or now even better...hot dog carts.

It's all over. done. over with.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#9 Jul 29, 2013
bewildered wrote:
I like your idea. I could see a major problem with them being out late though. I am not trying to be negative but unfortunately Rome has a lot of little punks,druggies and other undesirables who would not think twice about robbing them. Even if they keep very little money on them,I could see them being a target. I do like the idea though. If I had the money to start something like that I could surely make a killing. It is all in the location. Even fresh fruit stands outside of businesses would do great. Someone wants a mid afternoon snack it would sure beat a vending machine candy bar.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#10 Jul 29, 2013
DisQualified wrote:
FOOD, FOOD, FOOOOOOOOD!!!
seriously. you pigs have bad problem.
with all of the Nanotech, alternative energy, 3D Printing, Cannabis Med Tech... all that going on that could be pioneered here...
and aaaalll they can think about to "save" the town is more fast food, or now even better...hot dog carts.
It's all over. done. over with.
Baby steps are better than no steps at all.
timely

Saranac Lake, NY

#11 Jul 29, 2013
Would anybody be interested in licking some azz?
BOOBOLOGIST

Sherburne, NY

#13 Jul 29, 2013
Grumpy68 wrote:
<quoted text>I like your idea. I could see a major problem with them being out late though. I am not trying to be negative but unfortunately Rome has a lot of little punks,druggies and other undesirables who would not think twice about robbing them. Even if they keep very little money on them,I could see them being a target. I do like the idea though. If I had the money to start something like that I could surely make a killing. It is all in the location. Even fresh fruit stands outside of businesses would do great. Someone wants a mid afternoon snack it would sure beat a vending machine candy bar.
Punk druggies? Like your son?
BOOBOLOGIST

Sherburne, NY

#14 Jul 29, 2013
Grumpy68 wrote:
<quoted text>Baby steps are better than no steps at all.
You got evicted
NOSTRILS

Utica, NY

#16 Jul 30, 2013
this site is for fun only
Yea Baby

Estero, FL

#17 Jul 30, 2013
MMMM..Fun....
Keepin it Real

Vernon, NY

#18 Jul 30, 2013
Rome fkin blows. Best time to go shopping this weekend is when the Honor Welfare Parade was going on. The stores were empty and welfare was sitting in grass and on curbs waiting for free candy and popsicles.
nostrils

Utica, NY

#19 Aug 2, 2013
just to pass time
The Man

Jamesville, NY

#20 Aug 2, 2013
Rome has no downtown to walk around in. Where would a peanut vendor set up shop?
funny pic

Brooklyn, NY

#21 Aug 2, 2013
In front of the welfare office. They have money to spend.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kelly Uvanni 19 min Facts 2
the Pope blows it 1 hr P-MAN 10
How are her cans guy 1 hr beans tostada 5
lowering alchol from .08 to .05 for driving 2 hr Shaquille 7
Ndbdbdb 3 hr Herb 1
$99 Transmission Flush (May '11) 3 hr Jonlee 6
Can dish it out but can not take the truth 4 hr BillieJo 3

Rome Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance