Charles Melnick DEAD OMFG

Charles Melnick DEAD OMFG

Posted in the Rome Forum

So Sad

Ithaca, NY

#1 Dec 6, 2013
Rest in Peace Charles. He died this morinng in a car accident on Sulphur Springs road in Lee Center. Stephen Burke was driving. I heard he Girl friend was Pregnant. I heard they had just left te Reed Moon saloon! I hope he wasnt drunk but it was about 4am on a Friday night! So sad he was only 24 and Stephen was only 22 and if he was drunk he will be in prison for a long time!! My condolences to the FFamily if you need anything please contact me at sparkie196kn@aol. Seriously he was a good man. I want to help with any Funeral expenses , or maybe casket costs! Again I am so sorry!
Mark Petroski

Ithaca, NY

#2 Dec 6, 2013
I heard they had just left the Red Moon SALOON and they were cocked!!! I thing the Victims Family should sue the bar owners !!`That place is bad news!!! Just last weekj soemone got robbe=d, some ladt was hit with a beer bnottle and the while sher was on the ground he smahed her car wondow and they stole her purse and Gps!
so sad

Ardsley, NY

#3 Dec 6, 2013
Yes steohen was drunck and on drugs. Also red moon was closed at that time. Bar closes at 2. They went to somebodys house. Poor cj'S FAMILY AND WHINTNEY. GOD BLESS. THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS WITH THE MELNICK FAMILY AND WHITNEY.
Horrible all around

Ithaca, NY

#4 Dec 6, 2013
The law is the LAw and he will be punished severely!!! However I remeber drivign drunk 100s of time with my friend when I was young and we would take turns and such, I know I could have killed someone and one of those times. Or could have been killed I know he will go to jail for MANY years but I also know in my heart If it happened to me whne A friend of mine was driving, If I could speak from the dead I wouldnt want him in jail as I could have done the same to him. A froend of mines son never once was arrested left a Party he was 21 and he killed a guy on the way home broke his back and both his legs and the other guy died. His blood was a .09 and he got 7-14 year in prison forst offence. I feel bad for everyone!!!! God Bless!
relation

Ithaca, NY

#5 Dec 6, 2013
Is he related to Bruce? Rhine house Bruce
Mark Petroski

Ithaca, NY

#6 Dec 6, 2013
They were both at the Red Moon until closing and they were DRUNK!!! The Bartender should go to jail for Involuntary Manslaughter and Melnicks Family should sue the bar Owners!!! You are not allowed to serve ANYONE who ius visibly drunk!!! That place needs to be shut down!!! Cars being robbed, fights all the time!!1 Now basically MURDERERS!!!
Twisted Sisters

East Syracuse, NY

#7 Dec 6, 2013
Is Steve Burke related to that fat pig Val Burke who lives in Taberg and worked at Coal Hill DDSO group home?
RIP Gone To Soon

Sherburne, NY

#8 Dec 6, 2013
Is he related to Pete or Bruce? TY
Really

Syracuse, NY

#9 Dec 9, 2013
Mark Petroski wrote:
They were both at the Red Moon until closing and they were DRUNK!!! The Bartender should go to jail for Involuntary Manslaughter and Melnicks Family should sue the bar Owners!!! You are not allowed to serve ANYONE who ius visibly drunk!!! That place needs to be shut down!!! Cars being robbed, fights all the time!!1 Now basically MURDERERS!!!
what are you gonna sue the bar owners for...he was Drunk * chose to get in the car with a drunk/druggie...most likley he was also on drugs...
CJs Sister

Brockport, NY

#10 Feb 5, 2014
All of you who take the time to put their opinions onto Topix about things you don't know need to get a life. None of you know the facts or where with CJ (my brother) or Stephen at the time of the accident. And for your information, CJ's tox-reports came back clean. So maybe you guys should take a second look at yourself and stop trying to feel better by judging others and being negative. Next time you think about posting something about things you only here in the news and on the internet maybe you should ask the people who actually know what is going on instead of being judgemental.
Please

Blossvale, NY

#11 Feb 5, 2014
CJs Sister wrote:
All of you who take the time to put their opinions onto Topix about things you don't know need to get a life. None of you know the facts or where with CJ (my brother) or Stephen at the time of the accident. And for your information, CJ's tox-reports came back clean. So maybe you guys should take a second look at yourself and stop trying to feel better by judging others and being negative. Next time you think about posting something about things you only here in the news and on the internet maybe you should ask the people who actually know what is going on instead of being judgemental.
I didn't see a single post bashing your brother. Why would you bring up a dead post that was basically supportive of your family to bash the people supporting you? You're clearly not very bright, and it's not just your horrendous grammar that brought me to that conclusion.

Idiot.
Excuse Me

Brockport, NY

#12 Apr 1, 2014
Please wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't see a single post bashing your brother. Why would you bring up a dead post that was basically supportive of your family to bash the people supporting you? You're clearly not very bright, and it's not just your horrendous grammar that brought me to that conclusion.
Idiot.
I wasn't just informing for this one Topix post but to the multiple other ones. And sorry my grammar isn't perfect after losing someone who is so close to me. But I'm sure I have more going for me in my future then you will.:People don't need to be bashing the bar, Stephen, or CJ. It was an accident and it wasn't anyone's fault what happened. Maybe you shouldn't butt in to other people's thoughts if you don't have anything positive to say. No one knows exactly what happened and no one can change that. No one else is living their life without their brother I'm the only one who is. I'm the only one who has been going to college to keep my promises to my brother. So I'm sure I am a lot smarter than you are.
Heres what happened

Rome, NY

#13 Apr 1, 2014
Stephen was driving drunk. http://www.romesentinel.com/news...

Stephen C. Burke Jr.
TOWN OF LEE -- The Annsville man charged with vehicular manslaughter for the accident that killed his passenger had a blood alcohol content of nearly twice the legal limit at the time of the crash.

Stephen C. Burke Jr., 23, of 4865 Yorkland Road, was indicted Tuesday for the Dec. 6 crash that killed passenger Charles J. Melnick Jr. The indictment said Burke registered a bac of 0.14 percent, nearly twice the legal threshold of 0.08 percent.

Burke is scheduled to appear for arraignment before County Court Judge Michael L. Dwyer on March 27. He was indicted on one count each of first and second-degree vehicular manslaughter, driving while intoxicated, driving with a blood alcohol content of 0.08 percent or greater, unlawful possession of marijuana and failure to reduce speed.

An indictment is a formal charge made against a person by a grand jury. It does not establish guilt or remove the presumption of innocence.

State police said Melnick, 24, of Holland Patent, was riding with Burke on Sulphur Springs Road in Lee at about 3:41 a.m. Dec. 6. Troopers said Burke lost control of his 2002 Chevy Avalanche on the snow-covered roadway and crashed into a tree between Belcher and Point Rock roads.

Melnick was pronounced dead at the scene. Burke was treated for minor injuries at Rome Memorial Hospital.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beforewarned! 50 min better off leavin... 5
Izzo? take a look around rome! 1 hr Beaner burrito 8
What happened to my post teugega Country Club 3 hr Arnold Palmer 4
The 2nd amendment needs to go! 4 hr What a joke 392
West Rome Scum 6 hr beans tostada 8
Slyvan beach swimming 9 hr burr 5
Frank Tallerino (Nov '14) 9 hr Taxpayer 15

Rome Jobs

Personal Finance

Rome Mortgages