Dont go to MAVIS!

New York, NY

#1 Jul 17, 2013
People are learning the hard way! DONT GO TO MAVIS!

Hampton, VA

#2 Jul 17, 2013
unbelievable wrote:
People are learning the hard way! DONT GO TO MAVIS!
well, can you explain why.
olde school

United States

#3 Jul 17, 2013
To- Unbelievable- I have gone there for years and have never had a problem. Once I needed a new battery and they got one delivered from Utica during a blizzard. They have always gone above and beyond when I have dealt with them. Perhaps you would like to elaborate?

New York, NY

#4 Jul 18, 2013
just found another thing wrong with my car today from them.

there is only one good person there and he wasn't there when I went and that was the only reason I went there

the old guy and the husky shorter guy is the worst and liars. tried robbing me and much other things. I will not mention exact problems I had nor will I mention other people I talked to that had problems with them. I have been thinking about contacting the bbb. F them p.o.s.

Rome, NY

#5 Jul 19, 2013
we won't ty

Rome, NY

#6 Jul 20, 2013
I love mavis
I go to Kirks now

Rome, NY

#7 Jul 21, 2013
I used to like them, but when the last manager left(Fred I think) they started charging far too much for their work. It's fairly simple, get an estimate from them, then go to Kirk's automotive and get an estimate from Dwayne Kirk.
The last time I went to Mavis they wanted to charge me for parts and labor I didn't need. For the work I did need done Kirk's charged me a third less and showed me the worn/broken parts they replaced. However, Kirk's doesn't sell tires, so they were about the same price as Mavis.
My best advice is not to trust me or anyone else on Topix. Instead, go see for yourself and have both places give you an estimate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who are the sleaziest bartenders in Rome? 1 hr black 5
Rome women can't dress or act like Ho's anymore 4 hr Allah Akbar 3
Penny swancott (Nov '13) 4 hr you know who 4
Where is Fusco 8 hr You Know 17
Adam moore 9 hr Yeah Baby 6
Rfa hockey players arrested post deleted 14 hr Allah Akbar 41
Who is Denise Royce fatass from Rome? (Feb '14) Wed Denise will pay 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rome Mortgages