Utica, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Byrne Dairy is buying the land across from Barry Funeral Home and building a new stre with gas pumps.
Of course the attempts to create the road blocks ave begun.
Good old Rome NY- barefoot and toothless prevails always.
Sally R

Syracuse, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

I hope the press gives this issue some coverage. It is a big problem.
Roman

Hampton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

what are all the wellies/druggies around the place gonna do if they move....they won't have a place to hang & deal drugs!
Wow

Hampton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Union guy wrote:
Byrne Dairy is buying the land across from Barry Funeral Home and building a new stre with gas pumps.
Of course the attempts to create the road blocks ave begun.
Good old Rome NY- barefoot and toothless prevails always.
Where did you hear this? Sounds like a great location. The new Byrne Dairy shops are quite nice and would fit into that area well, in my opinion of course.
Yankee

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Hmmm. I'm in possession of all my God-given teeth, and I am wearing shoes as I type this. Bu I do have to ask if Rome really needs another convenience store, as well as another empty, abandoned building.
Roman

Hampton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

It's NOT up to you to be the empty building police! Let them build where they want in a place with NO wellies/Druggies around!
DoseNotMatter

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

It doesn't matter if Rome needs a convenience store or not. Free enterprise is part of this country. The consumer will dictate if the store is needed or not. But with that being said, the last business that tried to go to the location across from BarryFuneral home was turned down because the corner is ruled residential. That ruling would prevent Byrne from moving there. I'm sure if Byrne does move - somebody else will open up a place at the old crack head store. There's big money in food stamps and welfare cards in Rome.
kll

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

I heard that they will keep the old store open too!
saltynuts

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

build it,it's better than nothing!
Wow

Hampton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Yankee wrote:
Hmmm. I'm in possession of all my God-given teeth, and I am wearing shoes as I type this. Bu I do have to ask if Rome really needs another convenience store, as well as another empty, abandoned building.
It appears to be impossible for some folks to post their comments on here without insulting others in the process.
I too have all of my "God-given teeth," a job and a college education and I am of the opinion that Byrne Dairy (a NY company) opening a store in that location is a positive. I purchase their milk and milk products because I believe in supporting NY businesses and agriculture as often as possible.
It often feels like a losing battle, but I will continue to patronize local establishments as it is their tax dollars and mine which keep this city afloat.
Sigh**I just hope they don't get a break from paying taxes if they do build it.
saltynuts

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

build it and they will come!
Just my two cents

Hampton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
It appears to be impossible for some folks to post their comments on here without insulting others in the process.
I too have all of my "God-given teeth," a job and a college education and I am of the opinion that Byrne Dairy (a NY company) opening a store in that location is a positive. I purchase their milk and milk products because I believe in supporting NY businesses and agriculture as often as possible.
It often feels like a losing battle, but I will continue to patronize local establishments as it is their tax dollars and mine which keep this city afloat.
Sigh**I just hope they don't get a break from paying taxes if they do build it.
Glad you have your teeth..Must NOT be from taberg....
ToothBrush

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Did you know that the toothbrush was invented in Taberg?
Really

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

Judged:

Yeah, that's why thy call it a toothbrush. Anywhere else it would e called a teeth brush.
saltynuts

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2013

I don't go to Byrne Dairy because they are homophobic. I was chased out of the back because since I'm gay they thought I was loitering. Homophobic.
SaltyNuts

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

better than having empty buildings in rome

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

Judged:

Roman wrote:
It's NOT up to you to be the empty building police! Let them build where they want in a place with NO wellies/Druggies around!
Never laid claim to the title, Roman. I don't know; maybe you like your scummy little slum with more and more boarded up, abandoned buildings. It does provide more "canvas" for graffiti, and cover for drug deals and other scumbag activities. But where I come from, we try to do things differently.
Romnan

Hampton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

RegularCrewChief wrote:
<quoted text>
Never laid claim to the title, Roman. I don't know; maybe you like your scummy little slum with more and more boarded up, abandoned buildings. It does provide more "canvas" for graffiti, and cover for drug deals and other scumbag activities. But where I come from, we try to do things differently.
Do ALL ROMANS a favor...Move back to where you came from...
cleaner

Southbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

That sucks use to buy some good crack out in the
Parking lot smasss ppl
Exactly

Hampton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2013

cleaner wrote:
That sucks use to buy some good crack out in the
Parking lot smasss ppl
Where am i gonna by my lottery tickets now??

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

32 Users are viewing the Rome Forum right now

Search the Rome Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
End Times According to Bible Prophecy 1 min Suzanne 3
sheehan road 1 hr marilyn 6
Tammy wells/rossi 2 hr roamer 3
where is David Morgans obituary ? 3 hr a no show 11
o where o where are you hiding John K. Ciccotti ? 3 hr a no show 1
John K. Ciccotti was fined $1,000 5 hr Jeff 10
Raspberry's at Friendly's 5 hr Gold digger 41
Slaughterhouses 5 hr chuckles 30
cnydso in rome 10 hr knows her 34