Dairy Queen coming BACK to Rome

Posted in the Rome Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
The Blizzard

Rochester, NY

#1 Jul 10, 2012
I heard from a reliable source that someone is going to be opening up a new dairy queen in the five guys plaza out on black river blvd.

This is good news, I can't wait to get myself a DILLY BAR!
Old Timer

Hamilton, NY

#2 Jul 10, 2012
That is good news! Our family always enjoyed Dairy Queen!
Change

East Syracuse, NY

#3 Jul 10, 2012
If only they still had the clam boats and beef BBQ sandwiches!
YUMMY

New Hartford, NY

#4 Jul 10, 2012
Dilly bar rules!
carol

Utica, NY

#5 Jul 10, 2012
they had their chance and blew it!
lol

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Jul 10, 2012
"they" had their chance? Carol, always clueless, so I'll fill in the blanks for you....Dairy Queen is a franchise....the previous owners got out, but that doesnt mean anyone willing to pay the franchise fee cant bring it back!! DUH!!!
yo man

Schenectady, NY

#7 Jul 10, 2012
As long as the tharretts don't run it..

KY WELLER

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#8 Jul 10, 2012
carol wrote:
YUMMY has a dilly bar for u!
Tammy

Bradford, VT

#9 Jul 10, 2012
carol wrote:
SMA
lol

Brooklyn, NY

#10 Jul 10, 2012
yo man wrote:
They seem to be doing fine with what they have, dink!
UmustBcrazy

Blossvale, NY

#11 Jul 10, 2012
The Tharrett's were one of the nicest family's I ever met. I worked for them over 25 years ago, one of my first jobs. They were one of the BEST employers I ever had as a kid. Everyone that worked there was part of their family. The made working an enjoyable experience and they taught many of us teenagers at the time valuable lessons about the work world without being jerks! They were flexible, fair and ran a tight, very CLEAN ship at both of their locations. I tell my kids great stories of working there as a kid. All I can think of was that you were fired because you did something pretty stupid. They gave many people 2nd and 3rd chances if they felt they had a good heart and good ethics.....those were the good old days when working for some spending change was actually fun.
yo man wrote:

Since: Aug 11

Brooklyn, NY

#12 Jul 10, 2012
just what Rome needs, more fast food and ice cream. Look how excited you lard asses are getting. stop it!
Ricardo

Harrisville, NY

#13 Jul 10, 2012
UmustBcrazy wrote:
The Tharrett's were one of the nicest family's I ever met. I worked for them over 25 years ago, one of my first jobs. They were one of the BEST employers I ever had as a kid. Everyone that worked there was part of their family. The made working an enjoyable experience and they taught many of us teenagers at the time valuable lessons about the work world without being jerks! They were flexible, fair and ran a tight, very CLEAN ship at both of their locations. I tell my kids great stories of working there as a kid. All I can think of was that you were fired because you did something pretty stupid. They gave many people 2nd and 3rd chances if they felt they had a good heart and good ethics.....those were the good old days when working for some spending change was actually fun.
<quoted text>
What ever happened to the owners of the Rome Dairy Queen? Were they too old and retired? Are they still alive? If so are they still in the rome area? They must be getting on in years.
thatisthinking

Hamilton, NY

#14 Jul 10, 2012
great after i get done working out at planet fatness i can go out for healthy snack...
oink oink oink
carol

Utica, NY

#15 Jul 10, 2012
pigs
The Blizzard

Rochester, NY

#16 Jul 11, 2012
I can't wait to pick myself up a peanut buster parfait!
carol

Utica, NY

#17 Jul 11, 2012
ugh dairy queen!
yum

United States

#18 Jul 11, 2012
Blizzards! And no im not a fatty! I just enjoy a blizzard every now and then.
carol

Utica, NY

#19 Jul 11, 2012
CHEAP ICE CREAM
fjm

Hamilton, NY

#20 Jul 11, 2012
the only thing nice about it compared to the rest was the drive through.I mean geting out of the car is way to much for this lean body for my ocasional blizzlard

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Heather graham dave beach 1 hr Team dave 2
What are some good haunted places around here? 1 hr Randi 24
Twizted ink 1 hr Beanz Burrito 16
Dennis Kiley 2 hr Paula 4
wkal (Mar '14) 2 hr Tracy 32
Rome Humane Society (Dec '14) 3 hr Dogs101 134
people that be popping mad s#*t on facebook. (Aug '12) 3 hr Korrie 7
Brittany vaughn 6 hr Gross 12

Rome Jobs

Personal Finance