please read if you have family on the...
Denver CO Russians

Somerville, MA

#84 Jul 10, 2013
hahaha wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't even explain the "big bang theory" and you want a theoligical conversation? Ok, you begin.
* Tell me how matter and energy came from nothing.
* Tell me how an unliving / non-intelligent force created intelligence from nothing.
* Tell me how an explosion resulted in the planets and stars of the universe are working in perfect harmony with one another.
* Is man the supreme intelligence?
Use the power of your big manly brain, go ahead. Did you created everything? Common, you can tell me sunshine. I bet you don't have one answer for me. Can any of you explain the big bang? I understand my faith inside and out. Do you understand anything besides how to hook up a Xbox 360? I'm waiting for your insightful answers.
your right I can't explain the theories of brilliant scientists. But I'll guess if I asked you all those questions your answer would be god did all those things right? If ever I lose enough brain power and purchase a game system I can call you to help me install it
hahaha

Brooklyn, NY

#85 Jul 10, 2013
Denver CO Russians wrote:
<quoted text>your right I can't explain the theories of brilliant scientists. But I'll guess if I asked you all those questions your answer would be god did all those things right? If ever I lose enough brain power and purchase a game system I can call you to help me install it
Great answer! Are you sure you don't want to reconsider the hell thing since you obviously don't know anything about either side of the debate haha. It just seems like your taking a big gamble based on an uneducated guess, like most Romans do. They listen to that magical box and takes everything it tells them as the truth without questioning it. They call that blind faith, kind of like what Christians have. At least we know what we believe though haha. The world wasn't created with the mind of man and it didn't come from nothing. Matter isn't created or destroyed, it only changes form. That kind of makes the "big bang theory" sound questionable... Don't you think? Thanks for proving a point. God bless!
DontHaveAGameSys tem

Rome, NY

#86 Jul 10, 2013
LoL..... again with the game system. I don't have one.

Maybe God did all those things - but what he didn't do was create a bigoted religion to honor only a few and forsake all the rest of HIS creation.

Hell? Ask any child of an alcoholic, ask any person who has been molested (often at the hands of preachers and priests), ask the starving children God is ignoring, ask the children in Iraq who have been bombed and maimed by an unjust war, etc etc. They can tell you about hell.

Turn off FOX news and turn on the McNeil Leherer Report. And again... I don't have a game system.

By the way - there are HUNDREDS Bible contradictions, I only listed a few.

KFM

Since: Jul 13

Brooklyn, NY

#87 Jul 10, 2013
DontHaveAGameSystem wrote:
Maybe God did all those things - but what he didn't do was create a bigoted religion to honor only a few and forsake all the rest of HIS creation.
Hell? Ask any child of an alcoholic, ask any person who has been molested (often at the hands of preachers and priests), ask the starving children God is ignoring, ask the children in Iraq who have been bombed and maimed by an unjust war, etc etc. They can tell you about hell.
Turn off FOX news and turn on the McNeil Leherer Report. And again... I don't have a game system.
There are only contradictions between the Bible and the religion of man brother. The Bible does not contain any contradictions, I know the word well. My life is based on learning the word, I don't focus on the non-sense of the world. Any perceived contradiction you know of I can easily explain. When people twist the word, that's when issues arise. You pretty much share the same views as Non-Denominational Christians in regards to the religious traditions of men. God bless and much love!

KFM

Brooklyn, NY

#88 Jul 10, 2013
DontHaveAGameSystem wrote:
As for Hell, this world is under the control of Lucifer due to the fall of Adam and Eve. That is how Lucifer offered Jesus the world when the Lord was fasting. The world will be returned to God upon the return of Christ. Christ is giving people time to repent before the judgement because he is a merciful God. He is our escape from this Hell but, we must turn away from sin and turn to him. To live in sin is hell and most people live it. I found my peace in the Lord. The Bible makes a lot of sense.
Denver CO Russians

Newington, CT

#89 Jul 10, 2013
hahaha wrote:
<quoted text>
Great answer! Are you sure you don't want to reconsider the hell thing since you obviously don't know anything about either side of the debate haha. It just seems like your taking a big gamble based on an uneducated guess, like most Romans do. They listen to that magical box and takes everything it tells them as the truth without questioning it. They call that blind faith, kind of like what Christians have. At least we know what we believe though haha. The world wasn't created with the mind of man and it didn't come from nothing. Matter isn't created or destroyed, it only changes form. That kind of makes the "big bang theory" sound questionable... Don't you think? Thanks for proving a point. God bless!
you must be god cause you know more about what I know than I do. It's amazing. Matter isn't created or destroyed is a law observed by man. Maybe it's wrong. My only point is you'll never except any answer except "god"
CanYouRead

Rome, NY

#90 Jul 10, 2013
I just listed over 50 contradictions with sited sources and you are saying there are none???????

I have hundreds more if you want me to post them.

I don't get it. How does your mind play tricks on you like that?
KFM wrote:
<quoted text>
There are only contradictions between the Bible and the religion of man brother. The Bible does not contain any contradictions, I know the word well. My life is based on learning the word, I don't focus on the non-sense of the world. Any perceived contradiction you know of I can easily explain. When people twist the word, that's when issues arise. You pretty much share the same views as Non-Denominational Christians in regards to the religious traditions of men. God bless and much love!

KFM

Brooklyn, NY

#91 Jul 10, 2013
Denver CO Russians wrote:
<quoted text>you must be god cause you know more about what I know than I do. It's amazing. Matter isn't created or destroyed is a law observed by man. Maybe it's wrong. My only point is you'll never except any answer except "god"
Why do you refuse that answer brother? I'll tell you something about myself. I was a pagan and I was involved in some heavy duty things. I thought I was on the right path and I couldn't stand Christians, they were so annoying. They said I was a satanist, etc. I didn't see it though, in wicca satan doesn't exist. Early on in my studies I saw a demon. It really didn't phase me though. Later on in life, I had a pretty troublesome encounter with one that scared me straight. I broke away from the pagan way of life and just became spiritually dead, I felt like I was missing something something. One day I started praying to the Lord and asked him if he was real. I kept praying day after day for about a week. One day, well sitting in a quite room reflecting, I heard "come to me", clear as day. That's all I heard though. I had a lot of questions following that though. The Lord talks to us in a lot of ways. With me, he speaks in different ways. If I ask a question, the next day I will come upon the answer. Maybe the will be discussing it on the radio, TV or etc. I just stumble across it. The thing is, we are more then this body. We are a soul which is inside of a body. This body isn't who we are but, people live as though it is, most do. When we turn to Christ, we become one with the Spirit and we can understand that which is of the Spirit. The mind of the flesh cannot understand such things. I can't expect for you to believe me but, if someone has faith in him, he will come around. We have free will and the right to choose what we believe. No Christian has the authority through God to make you believe either. Most people won't believe because one must pursue the truth to find it. People are happy living day in and day out in this physical world. The thing is, when you live to please the world and to live up to its expectations, its misery. Nothing is ever enough. In Christ, the things of the world don't matter. At that point, you find your peace. Live your life but, just know, he's here if you need him. God bless!
Denver CO Russians

Newington, CT

#92 Jul 10, 2013
KFM wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you refuse that answer brother? I'll tell you something about myself. I was a pagan and I was involved in some heavy duty things. I thought I was on the right path and I couldn't stand Christians, they were so annoying. They said I was a satanist, etc. I didn't see it though, in wicca satan doesn't exist. Early on in my studies I saw a demon. It really didn't phase me though. Later on in life, I had a pretty troublesome encounter with one that scared me straight. I broke away from the pagan way of life and just became spiritually dead, I felt like I was missing something something. One day I started praying to the Lord and asked him if he was real. I kept praying day after day for about a week. One day, well sitting in a quite room reflecting, I heard "come to me", clear as day. That's all I heard though. I had a lot of questions following that though. The Lord talks to us in a lot of ways. With me, he speaks in different ways. If I ask a question, the next day I will come upon the answer. Maybe the will be discussing it on the radio, TV or etc. I just stumble across it. The thing is, we are more then this body. We are a soul which is inside of a body. This body isn't who we are but, people live as though it is, most do. When we turn to Christ, we become one with the Spirit and we can understand that which is of the Spirit. The mind of the flesh cannot understand such things. I can't expect for you to believe me but, if someone has faith in him, he will come around. We have free will and the right to choose what we believe. No Christian has the authority through God to make you believe either. Most people won't believe because one must pursue the truth to find it. People are happy living day in and day out in this physical world. The thing is, when you live to please the world and to live up to its expectations, its misery. Nothing is ever enough. In Christ, the things of the world don't matter. At that point, you find your peace. Live your life but, just know, he's here if you need him. God bless!
maybe scientists were talking to god when he/she gave them a glimpse of the Big Bang. Just a piece. When combined with others that hold a different piece of many years we will have the answer you dismiss with all your supreme knowledge
hahaha

Brooklyn, NY

#93 Jul 10, 2013
Academic wrote:
What is it with the XBox? I don't even own one - nor do I have a need for one. I rarely even watch television unless it's PBS.
What does matter and energy have to do with Jesus Christ? And who ever said anything about it originating out of nothing? That is a stretch.
Bottom line, there is no one true faith that you just coincidentally happen to belong to that coerces people out of fear. Did you even stop and think you might be wrong? How do you explain all the mass contradiction in that belief system?
You don't understand anything about your faith - you believe what you've been brainwashed into thinking. You can't possibly be a rational individual AND be a christian. It's impossible.
Go ahead and pray for me....lol.... Maybe God can help me get less intelligent after he helps the white guy in Kansas find his car keys and while he allows thousands of children to suffer and starve in Africa. Unless he is too busy plotting death and destruction with his next hurricane to 'punish the people who don't honor his egotistical self.'
Christianity is based on fear
Christianity preys on the innocent
Christianity is based on dishonesty
Christianity is extremely egocentric
Christianity breeds arrogance, a chosen-people mentality
Christianity breeds authoritarianism
Christianity is cruel
Christianity is anti-intellectual, anti-scientific
Christianity has a morbid, unhealthy preoccupation with sex
Christianity produces sexual misery
Christianity has an exceedingly narrow, legalistic view of morality
Christianity encourages acceptance of real evils while focusing on imaginary evils
Christianity depreciates the natural world
Christianity models hierarchical, authoritarian organization
Christianity sanctions slavery
Christianity is misogynistic
Christianity is homophobic
The Bible is not a reliable guide to Christ's teachings
The Bible is riddled with contradictions
Christianity borrowed its central myths and ceremonies from other ancient religions
<quoted text>
Do you have Bible verses we can refer to or are you just making things up as you go haha. Sounds like America, not Christianity to me haha
hahaha

Brooklyn, NY

#94 Jul 10, 2013
Academic wrote:
What is it with the XBox? I don't even own one - nor do I have a need for one. I rarely even watch television unless it's PBS.
What does matter and energy have to do with Jesus Christ? And who ever said anything about it originating out of nothing? That is a stretch.
Bottom line, there is no one true faith that you just coincidentally happen to belong to that coerces people out of fear. Did you even stop and think you might be wrong? How do you explain all the mass contradiction in that belief system?
You don't understand anything about your faith - you believe what you've been brainwashed into thinking. You can't possibly be a rational individual AND be a christian. It's impossible.
Go ahead and pray for me....lol.... Maybe God can help me get less intelligent after he helps the white guy in Kansas find his car keys and while he allows thousands of children to suffer and starve in Africa. Unless he is too busy plotting death and destruction with his next hurricane to 'punish the people who don't honor his egotistical self.'
Christianity is based on fear
Christianity preys on the innocent
Christianity is based on dishonesty
Christianity is extremely egocentric
Christianity breeds arrogance, a chosen-people mentality
Christianity breeds authoritarianism
Christianity is cruel
Christianity is anti-intellectual, anti-scientific
Christianity has a morbid, unhealthy preoccupation with sex
Christianity produces sexual misery
Christianity has an exceedingly narrow, legalistic view of morality
Christianity encourages acceptance of real evils while focusing on imaginary evils
Christianity depreciates the natural world
Christianity models hierarchical, authoritarian organization
Christianity sanctions slavery
Christianity is misogynistic
Christianity is homophobic
The Bible is not a reliable guide to Christ's teachings
The Bible is riddled with contradictions
Christianity borrowed its central myths and ceremonies from other ancient religions
<quoted text>
So you have no clue what you believe, you state incorrect statements about our faith, you give no references and you neglect to give examples. Your just throwing out accusations. You call your self an academic? This would get you a F in college. You sound like someone who is a slave to sin and frustrated over it. I don't know if you're trying to convert me or insult me but, its not working. Its just annoying at this point.
hahaha

Brooklyn, NY

#95 Jul 10, 2013
ChristiansAreEvil wrote:
Top 10 RIDICULOUS contradictions of Christianity.
Back in the day when I was still a brainwashed, mindless zombie of a Christian none of these things would have alarmed me, and I cannot explain why. Now, on the outside looking in they seem patently ridiculous, mostly because they are. How do you break through the wall of superstition the religious have built around their minds and restore their ability to think and reason? Is it a change an outsider can effect? Or does the change have to be organic? I wish I knew.
10- You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of your god.
9- You feel insulted and "dehumanized" when scientists say that people evolved from lesser life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt
8- You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem believing in a Trinity god
7- Your face turns purple when you hear of the "atrocities" attributed to Allah, but you don't even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in "Exodus" and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in "Joshua" -- including women, children, and trees!
6- You laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky.
5- You are willing to spend your life looking for little loop-holes in the scientifically established age of the Earth (4.55 billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by pre-historic tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that the Earth is a couple of generations old.
4- You believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs -- though excluding those in all rival sects -- will spend Eternity in an infinite Hell of Suffering. And yet you consider your religion the most "tolerant" and "loving".
3- While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some idiot rolling around on the floor speaking in "tongues" may be all the evidence you need to prove Christianity.
2- You define 0.01% as a "high success rate" when it comes to answered prayers. You consider that to be evidence that prayer works. And you think that the remaining 99.99% FAILURE was simply the will of God.
1- You actually know a lot less than many Atheists and Agnostics do about the Bible, Christianity, and church history -- but still call yourself a Christian
This is just a whole bunch of ignorance from someone who has never researched Christianity. What are you talking about? I actually know the Bible. Seems like someone is going of hearsay. Talk about brainwashed.

KFM

Brooklyn, NY

#96 Jul 10, 2013
hahaha wrote:
<quoted text>
This is just a whole bunch of ignorance from someone who has never researched Christianity. What are you talking about? I actually know the Bible. Seems like someone is going of hearsay. Talk about brainwashed.
Just leave it to the Lord.
ASSAULTEDNUTS

Utica, NY

#97 Jul 10, 2013
make your comments brief you dumb pukes!
BeatingADeadHors e

Rome, NY

#98 Jul 10, 2013
I didn't refuse to answer. There is no answer. You don't have one either. But scientific research is much closer to answering than you or I.

Why don't you answer - why is there SO much contradiction in your bible? Why is your loving God so hateful and spiteful? Why don't you know the man made origin of your belief system? Why does the church use fear to coerce people?

Come on brother - man up. Put the logic in high gear and kick out some logical academic answers.

Namaste !
KFM wrote:
<quoted text>
BeatingADeadHors e

Rome, NY

#99 Jul 10, 2013
Never researched? My degree is in Religious Studies.... LOL....
hahaha wrote:
<quoted text>
BeatingADeadHors e

Rome, NY

#100 Jul 10, 2013
Can't argue facts.
hahaha wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have Bible verses we can refer to or are you just making things up as you go haha. Sounds like America, not Christianity to me haha
really

Syracuse, NY

#101 Jul 10, 2013
BeatingADeadHorse wrote:
Never researched? My degree is in Religious Studies.... LOL....
<quoted text>
what are you a wanta be priest...lol..
Really

Brooklyn, NY

#102 Jul 10, 2013
BeatingADeadHorse wrote:
I didn't refuse to answer. There is no answer. You don't have one either. But scientific research is much closer to answering than you or I.
Why don't you answer - why is there SO much contradiction in your bible? Why is your loving God so hateful and spiteful? Why don't you know the man made origin of your belief system? Why does the church use fear to coerce people?
Come on brother - man up. Put the logic in high gear and kick out some logical academic answers.
Namaste !
<quoted text>
You sound like satan. In the name of God will you guys shut up!
SALTYNUTS

Brooklyn, NY

#103 Jul 10, 2013
BeatingADeadHorse wrote:
Can't argue facts.
<quoted text>
You're a real pos

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Car buy here pay here 43 min Psshhh 8
Holly the hoe 55 min It begins 16
Rome poop the finest 2 hr STAY DISAPOINTED 13
Buyers Be Beware of the Ripoff Swindlers at Uva... 2 hr Pete 7
Who is this Carrie Bachmann? 2 hr Curious Minds 1
Guy found dead at rite aid parking lot? 3 hr Addiction is a di... 49
JM Uvanni Motors 3 hr ken 4

Rome Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance