please read if you have family on the...
Christian

Brooklyn, NY

#63 Jul 9, 2013
rustupid wrote:
<quoted text>
Buddha is burning in hell right now
No one is "good" just like you aren't good or anyone else on here. Thinking we can earn heaven will only lead to hell. Whoever believes in the Lord and does the will of the Father will see heaven. We will be judged according to the works of Christ. Those who don't believe in Christ will be judged by their works and if the committed one sin they will be sent to hell. Christians are justified by Christ and are saved by grace. God didn't turn from us, we turned from him. A righteous judge must punish sinners. Christians receive a pardon. Deny the gift, you'll regret it one day...
Christian

Brooklyn, NY

#64 Jul 9, 2013
How are people going to say the Bible isn't real when Jesus was the only man in history who was expected and arrived just as discribed, the ONLY man. Additionally, this world belongs to satan due to the incident with Adam and Eve, he hides the truth. There is a easy way to prove the Bible is real but, people are so afraid they will have to give up their self serving lives which will never amount to them finding peace, just misery. To live in the flesh is death. Unless one is born of the water and the Spirit, they will in no way enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.

Do yourself a favor and look up "giant skeletons" found. There were 30' people walking around. Your history doesn't explain it but, scripture does. The Bible is historical but, many are brainwashed by satan to do his will.
Christian

Brooklyn, NY

#65 Jul 9, 2013
We have been fed a lie by the master of deceit, satan.... Please look up "Giant Skeletons Found"... Its the first step to understanding the truth. The Bible is historical and Jesus can save anyone from Hell :).
FACTS

Rome, NY

#67 Jul 10, 2013
Why would you read a fake book to get real information?
Christian wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the Book of Enoch
FACTS

Rome, NY

#68 Jul 10, 2013
Only you can save yourself.
Christian wrote:
We have been fed a lie by the master of deceit, satan.... Please look up "Giant Skeletons Found"... Its the first step to understanding the truth. The Bible is historical and Jesus can save anyone from Hell :).
CommonSense

Rome, NY

#69 Jul 10, 2013
There is no hell. Only the one you create.
rustupid wrote:
<quoted text>
Buddha is burning in hell right now
Academic

Rome, NY

#70 Jul 10, 2013
There is NO way to prove the bible. If you search scholastically you will find so many falsehoods. For example, the virgin birth - all the 'gods' of that time came from a 'virgin' birth because the idea of procreation was distasteful for the concept of a god figure.(i.e. Osiris). It was also a way to create a 'man' ruled church - to demean women in general. Mary was not a prostitute, but in fact from a wealthy family and most probably the wife (or the term companion) of Jesus.
Research the counsel of Nicea and you will have a clear understanding of why certain scripture was chosen and why some was eliminated (i.e. the Nag Hammadi). You will also learn how it was 'voted' by bishops to 'make' Jesus a god figure. You will learn how much of the Christian faith was diffused from pagan (meaning non-believer) faith because it made it easier for people to accept.(i.e. communion, holiday festivals, etc etc).

There is much to learn - but Christianity has little to do with what Jesus actually taught.

The bigoted idea of a 'correct' faith is merely a method of controlling the masses.

The "greatest story ever sold". You faith is like a penis - it's fine to have one, but don't take it out and wave it around at everyone. And don't use religion to propagate fear and bigotry - that is a seriously messed up.

You can't threaten people with a devil they know was created by man and you can't threaten them with a hell that doesn't exist. As Jesus said in the book of Thomas "if you look for heaven in the clouds - the birds will get there first. If you look for heaven in the sea, the fish will get there first. Heaven is right here - right now." Very Buddhist like...(O:

Christian wrote:
How are people going to say the Bible isn't real when Jesus was the only man in history who was expected and arrived just as discribed, the ONLY man. Additionally, this world belongs to satan due to the incident with Adam and Eve, he hides the truth. There is a easy way to prove the Bible is real but, people are so afraid they will have to give up their self serving lives which will never amount to them finding peace, just misery. To live in the flesh is death. Unless one is born of the water and the Spirit, they will in no way enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.
Do yourself a favor and look up "giant skeletons" found. There were 30' people walking around. Your history doesn't explain it but, scripture does. The Bible is historical but, many are brainwashed by satan to do his will.
ASSAULTEDNUTS

Utica, NY

#71 Jul 10, 2013
I WISH THIS WAS TRUE BUT NO SUCH LUCK!
GodIsNotABIGOT

Rome, NY

#72 Jul 10, 2013
"If Jesus' message can survive only because people fear the hellish consequences of not believing, what sort of "good news" is that to anybody? This cannot be its meaning. The First Epistle of John says, "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love" (I John 4:18). If Christianity is to survive it needs to win over and keep its believers due to the attractiveness of its message, not the fearfulness of its threats. Many people are Christians because they interpret Jesus as teaching love and forgiveness, not terror and violence. These people would not fall away were an interpretation such as the one I offer widely accepted. The only ones who might fall away are those who remain Christian through fear of hellfire, and, if John is right, they are not really Christians anyway. Another spiritual path would be far better for them, for then they might learn better to love, and less to fear."
Denver CO Russians

Somerville, MA

#73 Jul 10, 2013
rustupid wrote:
<quoted text> re-read the posts :)
i can see that the only reasoning you'll except is the one that resides in your small mind
hahaha

Brooklyn, NY

#74 Jul 10, 2013
FACTS wrote:
Only you can save yourself.
<quoted text>
Spoken like a true Roman haha. You can't save a kitten from a tree...
hahaha

Brooklyn, NY

#75 Jul 10, 2013
GodIsNotABIGOT wrote:
"If Jesus' message can survive only because people fear the hellish consequences of not believing, what sort of "good news" is that to anybody? This cannot be its meaning. The First Epistle of John says, "There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love" (I John 4:18). If Christianity is to survive it needs to win over and keep its believers due to the attractiveness of its message, not the fearfulness of its threats. Many people are Christians because they interpret Jesus as teaching love and forgiveness, not terror and violence. These people would not fall away were an interpretation such as the one I offer widely accepted. The only ones who might fall away are those who remain Christian through fear of hellfire, and, if John is right, they are not really Christians anyway. Another spiritual path would be far better for them, for then they might learn better to love, and less to fear."
Its not a Christian's job to convince any of you. They are to spread the word and if you refuse salvation, its on you. I'm suppose to lose sleep because 90% of the world rejects Christ? I don't think so haha. God bless and big hugs!!!!!!
hahaha

Brooklyn, NY

#76 Jul 10, 2013
Denver CO Russians wrote:
<quoted text>i can see that the only reasoning you'll except is the one that resides in your small mind
You can't even explain the "big bang theory" and you want a theoligical conversation? Ok, you begin.

* Tell me how matter and energy came from nothing.

* Tell me how an unliving / non-intelligent force created intelligence from nothing.

* Tell me how an explosion resulted in the planets and stars of the universe are working in perfect harmony with one another.

* Is man the supreme intelligence?

Use the power of your big manly brain, go ahead. Did you created everything? Common, you can tell me sunshine. I bet you don't have one answer for me. Can any of you explain the big bang? I understand my faith inside and out. Do you understand anything besides how to hook up a Xbox 360? I'm waiting for your insightful answers.
hahaha

Brooklyn, NY

#77 Jul 10, 2013
CommonSense wrote:
There is no hell. Only the one you create.
<quoted text>
That's a pretty big gamble considering all the evidence regarding the " intelligent design theroy". Oh wait, you prob don't understand such things, sorry...
Academic

Rome, NY

#78 Jul 10, 2013
What is it with the XBox? I don't even own one - nor do I have a need for one. I rarely even watch television unless it's PBS.

What does matter and energy have to do with Jesus Christ? And who ever said anything about it originating out of nothing? That is a stretch.

Bottom line, there is no one true faith that you just coincidentally happen to belong to that coerces people out of fear. Did you even stop and think you might be wrong? How do you explain all the mass contradiction in that belief system?

You don't understand anything about your faith - you believe what you've been brainwashed into thinking. You can't possibly be a rational individual AND be a christian. It's impossible.

Go ahead and pray for me....lol.... Maybe God can help me get less intelligent after he helps the white guy in Kansas find his car keys and while he allows thousands of children to suffer and starve in Africa. Unless he is too busy plotting death and destruction with his next hurricane to 'punish the people who don't honor his egotistical self.'

Christianity is based on fear
Christianity preys on the innocent
Christianity is based on dishonesty
Christianity is extremely egocentric
Christianity breeds arrogance, a chosen-people mentality
Christianity breeds authoritarianism
Christianity is cruel
Christianity is anti-intellectual, anti-scientific
Christianity has a morbid, unhealthy preoccupation with sex
Christianity produces sexual misery
Christianity has an exceedingly narrow, legalistic view of morality
Christianity encourages acceptance of real evils while focusing on imaginary evils
Christianity depreciates the natural world
Christianity models hierarchical, authoritarian organization
Christianity sanctions slavery
Christianity is misogynistic
Christianity is homophobic
The Bible is not a reliable guide to Christ's teachings
The Bible is riddled with contradictions
Christianity borrowed its central myths and ceremonies from other ancient religions
hahaha wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't even explain the "big bang theory" and you want a theoligical conversation? Ok, you begin.
* Tell me how matter and energy came from nothing.
* Tell me how an unliving / non-intelligent force created intelligence from nothing.
* Tell me how an explosion resulted in the planets and stars of the universe are working in perfect harmony with one another.
* Is man the supreme intelligence?
Use the power of your big manly brain, go ahead. Did you created everything? Common, you can tell me sunshine. I bet you don't have one answer for me. Can any of you explain the big bang? I understand my faith inside and out. Do you understand anything besides how to hook up a Xbox 360? I'm waiting for your insightful answers.
ASSAULTEDNUTS

Utica, NY

#79 Jul 10, 2013
we want the end to come
ChristiansAreEvi l

Rome, NY

#80 Jul 10, 2013
Top 10 RIDICULOUS contradictions of Christianity.
Back in the day when I was still a brainwashed, mindless zombie of a Christian none of these things would have alarmed me, and I cannot explain why. Now, on the outside looking in they seem patently ridiculous, mostly because they are. How do you break through the wall of superstition the religious have built around their minds and restore their ability to think and reason? Is it a change an outsider can effect? Or does the change have to be organic? I wish I knew.

10- You vigorously deny the existence of thousands of gods claimed by other religions, but feel outraged when someone denies the existence of your god.

9- You feel insulted and "dehumanized" when scientists say that people evolved from lesser life forms, but you have no problem with the Biblical claim that we were created from dirt

8- You laugh at polytheists, but you have no problem believing in a Trinity god

7- Your face turns purple when you hear of the "atrocities" attributed to Allah, but you don't even flinch when hearing about how God/Jehovah slaughtered all the babies of Egypt in "Exodus" and ordered the elimination of entire ethnic groups in "Joshua" -- including women, children, and trees!

6- You laugh at Hindu beliefs that deify humans, and Greek claims about gods sleeping with women, but you have no problem believing that the Holy Spirit impregnated Mary, who then gave birth to a man-god who got killed, came back to life and then ascended into the sky.

5- You are willing to spend your life looking for little loop-holes in the scientifically established age of the Earth (4.55 billion years), but you find nothing wrong with believing dates recorded by pre-historic tribesmen sitting in their tents and guessing that the Earth is a couple of generations old.

4- You believe that the entire population of this planet with the exception of those who share your beliefs -- though excluding those in all rival sects -- will spend Eternity in an infinite Hell of Suffering. And yet you consider your religion the most "tolerant" and "loving".

3- While modern science, history, geology, biology, and physics have failed to convince you otherwise, some idiot rolling around on the floor speaking in "tongues" may be all the evidence you need to prove Christianity.

2- You define 0.01% as a "high success rate" when it comes to answered prayers. You consider that to be evidence that prayer works. And you think that the remaining 99.99% FAILURE was simply the will of God.

1- You actually know a lot less than many Atheists and Agnostics do about the Bible, Christianity, and church history -- but still call yourself a Christian
GetOffYourXBox

Rome, NY

#81 Jul 10, 2013
You should get off your XBox (or worse - FAUX News or the Christian Brainwashing Channel) and clarify all of these. By the way - remember that the church is a business. The more followers -- the more revenue.
~~~~~~~~~~
Contradiction #1
Who incited David to count the fighting men of Israel?(a) God did (2 Samuel 24:1)(b) Satan did (1 Chronicles 21:1).
Contradiction #2
In that count how many fighting men were found in Israel?(a) Eight hundred thousand (2 Samuel 24:9).(b) One million, one hundred thousand (1 Chronicles 21:5).
Contradiction #3
How many fighting men were found in Judah?(a) Five hundred thousand (2 Samuel 24:9).(b) Four hundred and seventy thousand (1 Chronicles 21:5).
Contradiction #4
God sent his prophet to threaten David with how many years of famine?(a) Seven (2 Samuel 24:13).(b) Three (1 Chronicles 21:12).
Contradiction #5
How old was Ahaziah when he began to rule over Jerusalem?(a) Twenty-two (2 Kings 8:26).(b) Forty-two (2 Chronicles 22:2).
Contradiction #6
How old was Jehoiachin when he became king of Jerusalem?(a) Eighteen (2 Kings 24:8).(b) Eight (2 Chronicles 36:9).
Contradiction #7
How long did he rule over Jerusalem?(a) Three months (2 Kings 24:8).(b) Three months and ten days (2 Chronicles 36:9).
Contradiction #8
The chief of the mighty men of David lifted up his spear and killed how many men at one time?(a) Eight hundred (2 Samuel 23:8).(b) Three hundred (1 Chronicles 11:11).
Contradiction #9
When did David bring the Ark of the Covenant to Jerusalem? Before defeating the Philistines or after?(a) After (2 Samuel 5 and 6).(b) Before (1 Chronicles 13 and 14).
Contradiction #10
How many pairs of clean animals did God tell Noah to take into the Ark?(a) Two (Genesis 6:19, 20).(b) Seven (Genesis 7:2). But despite this last instruction only two pairs went into the ark (Genesis 7:8, 9).
Contradiction #11
When David defeated the King of Zobah, how many horsemen did he capture?(a) One thousand and seven hundred (2 Samuel 8:4).(b) Seven thousand (1 Chronicles 18:4).
Contradiction #12
How many stalls for horses did Solomon have?(a) Forty thousand (1 Kings 4:26).(b) Four thousand (2 chronicles 9:25).
Contradiction #13
In what year of King Asa's reign did Baasha, King of Israel die?(a) Twenty-sixth year (1 Kings 15:33 - 16:8).(b) Still alive in the thirty-sixth year (2 Chronicles 16:1).
Contradiction #14
How many overseers did Solomon appoint for the work of building the temple?(a) Three thousand six hundred (2 Chronicles 2:2)(b) Three thousand three hundred (1 Kings 5:16).
Contradiction #15
Solomon built a facility containing how many baths?(a) Two thousand (1 Kings 7:26).(b) Over three thousand (2 Chronicles 4:5).
Contradiction #16
Of the Israelites who were freed from the Babylonian captivity, how many were the children of Pahrath-Moab?(a) Two thousand eight hundred and twelve (Ezra 2:6).(b) Two thousand eight hundred and eighteen (Nehemiah 7:11).
Contradiction #17
How many were the children of Zattu?(a) Nine hundred and forty-five (Ezra 2:8)(b) Eight hundred and forty-five (Nehemiah 7:13).
Contradiction #18
How many were the children of Azgad?(a) One thousand two hundred and twenty-two (Ezra 2:12).(b) Two thousand three hundred and twenty-two (Nehemiah 7:17). Contradiction #19
How many were the children of Adin?(a) Four hundred and fifty-four (Ezra 2:15).(b) Six hundred and fifty-five (Nehemiah 7:20).
GetOffYourXBox

Rome, NY

#82 Jul 10, 2013
Contradiction #20
How many were the children of Hashum?(a) Two hundred and twenty-three (Ezra 2:19).(b) Three hundred and twenty-eight (Nehemiah 7:22).

Contradiction #21
How many were the children of Bethel and Ai?(a) Two hundred and twenty-three (Ezra 2:28).(b) One hundred and twenty-three (Nehemiah 7:32).

Contradiction #22
Ezra 2:64 and Nehemiah 7:66 agree that the total number of the whole assembly was 42,360. Yet the numbers do not add up to anything close. The totals obtained from each book is as follows:(a) 29,818 (Ezra).(b) 31, 089 (Nehemiah).

Contradiction #23
How many singers accompanied the assembly?(a) Two hundred (Ezra 2:65).(b) Two hundred and forty-five (Nehemiah 7:67).

Contradiction #24
What was the name of King Abijah's mother?(a) Michaiah, daughter of Uriel of Gibeah (2 Chronicles 13:2).(b) Maachah, daughter of Absalom (2 Chronicles 11:20). But Absalom had only one daughter whose name was Tamar (2 Samuel 14:27).

Contradiction #25
Did Joshua and the Israelites capture Jerusalem?(a) Yes (Joshua 10:23, 40).(b) No (Joshua 15:63).

Contradiction #26
Who was the father of Joseph, husband of Mary?(a) Jacob (Matthew 1:16).(b) Heli (Luke 3:23).

Contradiction #27
Jesus descended from which son of David?(a) Solomon (Matthew 1:6).(b) Nathan (Luke 3:31).

Contradiction #28
Who was the father of Shealtiel?(a) Jechoniah (Matthew 1:12).(b) Neri (Luke 3:27).

Contradiction #29
Which son of Zerubbabel was an ancestor of Jesus Christ?(a) Abiud (Matthew 1:13).(b) Rhesa (Luke 3:27). But the seven sons of Zerubbabel are as follows: I. Meshullam, ii. Hananiah, iii. Hashubah, iv. Ohel, v. Berechiah, vi. Hasadiah, viii. Jushabhesed (1 Chronicles 3:19, 20). The names Abiud and Rhesa do not fit in anywhere.

Contradiction #30
Who was the father of Uzziah?(a) Joram (Matthew 1:8).(b) Amaziah (2 Chronicles 26:1).

Contradiction #31
Who as the father of Jechoniah?(a) Josiah (Matthew 1:11).(b) Jehoiakim (1 Chronicles 3:16).

Contradiction #32
How many generations were there from the Babylonian exile until Christ?(a) Matthew says fourteen (Matthew 1:17).(b) But a careful count of the generations reveals only thirteen (see Matthew 1:12-16).

Contradiction #33
Who was the father of Shelah?(a) Cainan (Luke 3:35-36).(b) Arphaxad (Genesis 11:12).

Contradiction #34
Was John the Baptist Elijah who was to come?(a) Yes (Matthew 11:14, 17:10-13).(b) No (John 1:19-21).

Contradiction #35
Would Jesus inherit David's throne?(a) Yes. So said the angel (Luke 1:32).(b) No, since he is a descendant of Jehoiakim (see Matthew 1:11, 1 Chronicles 3:16). And Jehoiakim was cursed by God so that none of his descendants can sit upon David's throne (Jeremiah 36:30).

Contradiction #36
Jesus rode into Jerusalem on how many animals?(a) One - a colt (Mark 11:7; cf. Luke 19:35). And they brought the colt to Jesus and threw their garments on it; and he sat upon it." (b) Two - a colt and an ass (Matthew 21:7). They brought the ass and the colt and put their garments on them and he sat thereon."

Contradiction #37
How did Simon Peter find out that Jesus was the Christ?(a) By a revelation from heaven (Matthew16:17).(b) His brother Andrew told him (John 1:41).

Contradiction #38
Where did Jesus first meet Simon Peter and Andrew?(a) By the sea of Galilee (Matthew 4:18-22).(b) On the banks of river Jordan (John 1:42). After that, Jesus decided to go to Galilee (John 1:43).

Contradiction #39
When Jesus met Jairus was Jairus' daughter already dead?(a) Yes. Matthew 9:18 quotes him as saying, "My daughter has just died." (b) No. Mark 5:23 quotes him as saying, "My little daughter is at the point of death."
ASSAULTEDNUTS

Utica, NY

#83 Jul 10, 2013
atheists are the evil ones!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who is billie ho go sucking off 1 min Saidy 4
What Happened to the Steven/Tabatha Thread? 12 min Kimmie t 12
A wish 14 min Jerry 11
Trumps comments 14 min Cherrio 7
Rome is a great city 16 min Cherrio 17
Assessors Office 17 min Here Is a FACT 2
Why so much make up 1 hr Facts 5

Rome Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance