Just archery by george

Just archery by george

Posted in the Rome Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Fair one

United States

#1 Mar 22, 2010
Anyone have a bad experience at this establishment? I recently was in there and the owner said i had a bent bow riser. Shipped it to the company and they said nothing was wrong with it. They said that most shops woudnt be able to tell if a riser was bent or not. After talking to a few friends, they have had the same experience.
The Nigia

Utica, NY

#2 Mar 22, 2010
Home boy has a half a foot that owns it and his son is that fago with the escalade. effin joke.
Adam

Utica, NY

#3 Mar 23, 2010
Yes this guy is not honest. He did the same thing to me. Bent riser my a**. I took my bow back to where I got it from they told me they could not tell if there was a problem or not. So they exchanged it and I took the new one back there for a test and guess what, He said the riser was still bad. Ha Ha now I know.
bring the hate

Moravia, NY

#4 Mar 24, 2010
DIFFINATELY YESSSS!! This guy George is a HUGE douchebag. He is clearly one of the biggest "know it all assholes" in the area. He got busted a couple of years ago for hunting with a pistol.
???WTF???
Not only that, the reason he got busted is because it was just after dusk, he shot at "something" and it went through some couples window of their house!!!! HAHAHAHA. Shitty thing is, he's still going through the legal shit, and it looks like he's only gonna get a few fines.
Bucklure

Utica, NY

#5 Mar 24, 2010
Met him and his wife at an archery show. He got pissed because his wife liked my bow better than the one she had. True story..
Truth

United States

#6 Mar 25, 2010
He is a lying sack of shit, but he DOES know about bows.

He's been on disability for 20 YEARS and brags about dragging ten-point bucks out of the woods, but God forbid he work because he always has some ass-ache or another.
When I worked with him on the base back in the 80's he was fired for being a trouble-maker and I don't think he ever worked for any of our contractors more than just enough to get unemployment bennies.
Now he gets a check in the mail...lazy-ass.

He also has fired guns in his own yard.

His wife is one crazy-ass bitch too.
Bucklure

Utica, NY

#7 Mar 25, 2010
Truth wrote:
He is a lying sack of shit, but he DOES know about bows.
He's been on disability for 20 YEARS and brags about dragging ten-point bucks out of the woods, but God forbid he work because he always has some ass-ache or another.
When I worked with him on the base back in the 80's he was fired for being a trouble-maker and I don't think he ever worked for any of our contractors more than just enough to get unemployment bennies.
Now he gets a check in the mail...lazy-ass.
He also has fired guns in his own yard.
His wife is one crazy-ass bitch too.
I second that I also worked on jobs that he was on, he's a complete ass. Likes tp beat people. His has to be a dingbat.
Archery

United States

#9 Mar 25, 2010
Truth wrote:
He is a lying sack of shit, but he DOES know about bows.
He's been on disability for 20 YEARS and brags about dragging ten-point bucks out of the woods, but God forbid he work because he always has some ass-ache or another.
When I worked with him on the base back in the 80's he was fired for being a trouble-maker and I don't think he ever worked for any of our contractors more than just enough to get unemployment bennies.
Now he gets a check in the mail...lazy-ass.
He also has fired guns in his own yard.
His wife is one crazy-ass bitch too.
"DOES know bows???" I beg to differ there... This guy is so far removed from the knowledge and maintenance of Archery. His Famous quote is.....drum rollllllll "You have a bent riser!" Call any Archery Manufacturer and ask them if any dealer can diagnose this.... I bet they will tell you it's "extremely unlikely".,,,, unless your "JUST GEORGE". He is a liar and will do anything he can to cause problems.

Can someone elaborate on when he got in trouble "PISTOL HUNTING"...? I can't wait for this... In my experience of Archery, is that most reputable people would know better than to hunt with a pistol, hunt after dark and hello, put safety first.

This guy is a real joke and definately hinders the great sport of Archery.
Truth

United States

#10 Mar 25, 2010
Bucklure, I must know you then.

He maintained my bows when I used to bowhunt and I
never had a problem...just saying.

I believe he was in Verona area when he was hunting with the pistol...that was a few years ago, so I may not recall that correctly...and I didn't care...just enjoyed that he had to answer for something finally.

"Beat people"? He's a wimp.'Had several knee and shoulder surgeries...that way he doesn't have to have a real job.
Shooter 2

Potsdam, NY

#11 Mar 28, 2010
I buy all my equipment from that shop and never have had a problem. I've gotten to know him quite well and hunt with him. If I hurt like he does I don't know that I'd hunt, I've seen what he goes thru. He's one tuff bastard - I wouldn't want to mess with him.
It seems if you're told you have a bent riser and you take the bow back and are given a new one it's most likely bent. Dealers who use the wrong equipment to maintain todays bows end up doing more harm than good to your bow. Look for someone honest and with YOUR best interest at heart, keeping your equipment safe should be the main issue - you don't have to like the guy. He could NOT tell you when something was wrong with your bow, take your money and let you go out with something he knows is going to hurt you, but he doesn't - and that makes him bad?

I've heard some of the stories about when he used to work at the base - it seems if you didn't pull your weight you got booted from the job. Bucklure, seems like you just barely stayed on his good side then?
haters welcome

Moravia, NY

#12 Mar 28, 2010
Shooter 2 wrote:
I buy all my equipment from that shop and never have had a problem. I've gotten to know him quite well and hunt with him. If I hurt like he does I don't know that I'd hunt, I've seen what he goes thru. He's one tuff bastard - I wouldn't want to mess with him.
It seems if you're told you have a bent riser and you take the bow back and are given a new one it's most likely bent. Dealers who use the wrong equipment to maintain todays bows end up doing more harm than good to your bow. Look for someone honest and with YOUR best interest at heart, keeping your equipment safe should be the main issue - you don't have to like the guy. He could NOT tell you when something was wrong with your bow, take your money and let you go out with something he knows is going to hurt you, but he doesn't - and that makes him bad?
I've heard some of the stories about when he used to work at the base - it seems if you didn't pull your weight you got booted from the job. Bucklure, seems like you just barely stayed on his good side then?
What freakin planet are you on? You obvioulsly are someone more than just a "customer", and George rarely hunts anywhere but on the property he has.(which is supposed to be for members only) but he takes non-members while bitching at others for doing the same. Nobody wants to be a part of it because it's outragous dues and putting up with his shit. Could this POSSIBLY be YOU George???
da man

Potsdam, NY

#13 Mar 28, 2010
wow, some of u people are nuts. You say vile things and claim your doing people a favor. You had better hope you don't get sued, this idea of bein anonimous only works until a lawyer subpeona's topix for the list of ip adresses.
Secondly, having done my share of business with George i feel like i can attest to his honesty. Maybe he should have just let u leave the shop and waited for your bow to explode because your riser was bent. It happens more than people think, the guy was trying to do u a favor. It doesn't sound to me like he sold u anything from your rant. So i dont follow what your beef actually is.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#14 Mar 28, 2010
haters welcome wrote:
<quoted text>
What freakin planet are you on? You obvioulsly are someone more than just a "customer", and George rarely hunts anywhere but on the property he has.(which is supposed to be for members only) but he takes non-members while bitching at others for doing the same. Nobody wants to be a part of it because it's outragous dues and putting up with his shit. Could this POSSIBLY be YOU George???
You obviously don't know George - he hunts 3 places in Floyd, Ava, West Branch, several places in Madison County, oh ya, and that club. There WAS a member who took his whole family almost everyday to that property and yes, he bitched. Are you one of those family members who got pissed off because that member was told his brother could bring a guest only 1 time?
I can guarentee I'm definitely NOT George.
Truth

United States

#15 Mar 28, 2010
He's an ass. Besides, I said he knows archery, he's just a lying bastard.
And he's a lazy-ass moocher who has lived off disability SSI because he doesn't like a real job.
Luckily, his wife dumped her husband and kids to help him back in '95.
who cares

Moravia, NY

#16 Mar 28, 2010
Shooter 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously don't know George - he hunts 3 places in Floyd, Ava, West Branch, several places in Madison County, oh ya, and that club. There WAS a member who took his whole family almost everyday to that property and yes, he bitched. Are you one of those family members who got pissed off because that member was told his brother could bring a guest only 1 time?
I can guarentee I'm definitely NOT George.
Sure, "George" or George's wife...lol. You seem to know an awful lot of personal stuff about him. The guy doesn't really have any friends, soooooo that leaves.......

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#17 Mar 28, 2010
Truth wrote:
He's an ass. Besides, I said he knows archery, he's just a lying bastard.
And he's a lazy-ass moocher who has lived off disability SSI because he doesn't like a real job.
Luckily, his wife dumped her husband and kids to help him back in '95.
I don't know about his wife other than she is NOT to be messed with as she CAN take care of herself for sure.
How you know about his personal life would be an interesting story I bet. I hope you're not one of THOSE people who claim to be a friend and then backstab when given the chance cuz IMO, THOSE people LIE!
Bucklure

Utica, NY

#18 Mar 28, 2010
Shooter 2 wrote:
I buy all my equipment from that shop and never have had a problem. I've gotten to know him quite well and hunt with him. If I hurt like he does I don't know that I'd hunt, I've seen what he goes thru. He's one tuff bastard - I wouldn't want to mess with him.
It seems if you're told you have a bent riser and you take the bow back and are given a new one it's most likely bent. Dealers who use the wrong equipment to maintain todays bows end up doing more harm than good to your bow. Look for someone honest and with YOUR best interest at heart, keeping your equipment safe should be the main issue - you don't have to like the guy. He could NOT tell you when something was wrong with your bow, take your money and let you go out with something he knows is going to hurt you, but he doesn't - and that makes him bad?
I've heard some of the stories about when he used to work at the base - it seems if you didn't pull your weight you got booted from the job. Bucklure, seems like you just barely stayed on his good side then?
I knew him before I worked around him. I wasnt an electrician.
Truth

United States

#19 Mar 28, 2010
No WAY am I a friend! As for messing with his wife, she looks like a dude, so, no, I would not.
I worked with him, and his ex taught my kids karate back in the 70's. So yeah, I know a LOT about him.
neutral

Canton, NY

#20 Mar 28, 2010
Shooter 2 wrote:
I buy all my equipment from that shop and never have had a problem. I've gotten to know him quite well and hunt with him. If I hurt like he does I don't know that I'd hunt, I've seen what he goes thru. He's one tuff bastard - I wouldn't want to mess with him.
It seems if you're told you have a bent riser and you take the bow back and are given a new one it's most likely bent. Dealers who use the wrong equipment to maintain todays bows end up doing more harm than good to your bow. Look for someone honest and with YOUR best interest at heart, keeping your equipment safe should be the main issue - you don't have to like the guy. He could NOT tell you when something was wrong with your bow, take your money and let you go out with something he knows is going to hurt you, but he doesn't - and that makes him bad?
I've heard some of the stories about when he used to work at the base - it seems if you didn't pull your weight you got booted from the job. Bucklure, seems like you just barely stayed on his good side then?
hi georgey
HA HA

Moravia, NY

#21 Mar 30, 2010
He wishes he were that literate!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
White bmw 7 min Feds 5
News Rome Man Creates Amazing Short Film About The C... 31 min ShelleyT 1
Dominick N. 4 hr redbaron 17
Michael The kid cooker 4 hr Drop The Cow 13
Deadbeat dad's living in Rome NY 5 hr Hisnewdaddy 3
orlando shooting was engineered by the Trump ca... 7 hr redskin 8
Rome Ny Christianity 8 hr redskin 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rome Mortgages