Hampton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

pissed wrote:
<quoted text> really...you gonna feel that way when an innocent child, or anyone for that Matter is in the wrong place? How about stop fighting with each other...slinging names and band together for the sake of our community. We all are
responsible....we need to stand and fight against this hate not each other. Really change starts right at home. Raise our children better, lead by examples and do something...anything! Stop the BS
lets get in someone that can LEAD as Mayor of Rome, Not hang around & drink coffee all day long! That is where we need to start!
Agree

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Dave I agree with alot of your points. I am hoping he is fully involved with help keeping our city safe.
Hello Again

Clinton, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

If you people think I know it all then you are really stupid. I do not know everything. Most of what I say is common sense. I am sorry if you do not have any. I do not set out to make you all feel ignorant. It just happens.
Just sayin..

Cortland, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

She is a know it all? How do you know who is a he or she o. Here?? Lol. Look the answer to the questions .. Is more important than you think and if you don't know that then you prob aren't a " True Roman" .. Yeah.. I said it again.. Suck it.
Just sayin..

Cortland, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Life Roman wrote:
I can answer them too
Awesome :)
Hello Again

Verona, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

I am just a know it all! that nevercompleted 10th grade sorry fr nbein so stpid!
Hello Again

Cortland, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Hello Again wrote:
I am just a know it all! that nevercompleted 10th grade sorry fr nbein so stpid!
Funny guy you are. That doesn't bother me because I did graduate in '87'.
ToRome

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

I guess its true what they say, "Small towns come with small minds." It's not even funny. Its beyond words, I feel sorry for you and I don't even know where to begin. Looking from the outside, I know why Rome is they way it is. How many years has it been since the base left? Rome has been on a constant dive since. Not one "Roman" could change that? Who's fault is it? What have you done? I have some ideas. Oh wait, I'm an outsider. Good luck relying on the great minds of Rome. Enjoy the filth you helped create and good luck with the scum you guys attract.
Yup

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

PJD wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally respect your concerns and agree. As for RPD, I believe they would not only support the community's involvement, they would be greatful. There are concerns which may arise from groups such as this one. That is why there has to be police oversite. I would like to discuss this further with you and others who are interested in joining. Here are two opinions. Residents may create an alias email address and contact me at godsfavorite1@aol.com or reach me through here. I will pass any info on, except for identifying information, to people on Topix. Someone will make contact with the RPD shortly and attempt to set up a meeting. I would prefer having an officer there as well. There is a good chance a undesirable individual would attempt to gain

access to the meeting. If a police officer is present they would be foolish to attend for a few reasons. A group like this is beneficial though because a lot of residents avoid contacting the police because they are affraid of being involved. This would be an "informal" way of getting their information out. You definitely raised some good points and I would appreciate your assistance. Everyone let your friends and family know and have them pass on the word. We are taking Rome back. I will post on here the feedback from RPD after contact is made. May God be with us during these troublesome times.
Not sure PJD could even be the killer. If he was a Roman, he would know there are over 14 neighbourhood watch groups in the city of Rome and each of the 7 wards some combined have regular meeting monthly. The are organized by the RPD and attended by officers. If you send your information to someone on topix your crazy. Want something done? Call your idiot mayor and tell him and the council to do their flipping jobs.
To Rome is right

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Rome consists of two types of people. Group one is the college educated individuals who want nothing to do with the rest. The second group would be the low income or welfare recipiants who smoke drugs all day. As for the Rome neighborhood watch groups. They are obiviously doing a great job. Your city is invested by drug houses and their revenue is what probably keeps the struggling Rome economy afloat. PJD shouldn't waste their time. Let the Romans destroy themselves and do the Central New York community a favor.
neighborhood watch groups

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

You guys can't even spell it right. Your neighborhood watch groups are doing a great job. Rome is infested with crack houses which keeps your struggling economy afloat. The neighborhood watch groups are probably uneducated drunks with nothing else to do. ToRome is right in so many ways.
Just sayin..

Cortland, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

To Rome is right wrote:
Rome consists of two types of people. Group one is the college educated individuals who want nothing to do with the rest. The second group would be the low income or welfare recipiants who smoke drugs all day. As for the Rome neighborhood watch groups. They are obiviously doing a great job. Your city is invested by drug houses and their revenue is what probably keeps the struggling Rome economy afloat. PJD shouldn't waste their time. Let the Romans destroy themselves and do the Central New York community a favor.
Wow.. So rude to the many citizens like myself , who were born and raised here. This used to be a nice safe town to raise a family and most people knew each other. WE Did not bring in the riff raff.. The prisons .. Built by .. And run by THE STATE OF NY did. And small minded?? Perhaps some. I myself have lived in California and Pa. I have two degrees.. And am very well read and educated. Most of my close friends.. From Rome are educated.. Highly intelligent and respectable people or military personnel. So yeah.. The whole town isn't trash.. Talk about close minded generalizations.. 2+2=5 in your world I guess
Question

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Did anyone ever see the movie The Village? That is what this forum reminds me of. Do the town leaders go around Rome preaching about "Those in which we do not speak"? Really? Outsiders? Its like they live in a bubble. Hurry up villagers of Rome, go hide! The outsiders have breached the perimeter of the town haha =D. Re: Just sayin.. I'm so glad Rome has some intelligent people.. Your post broke the pattern of ignorance.. Although the post you responded to said there were college educated people there, I had to see it to believe it ;).
Here is the issue

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Rome does have a struggling economy, I believe all can agree with that. One thing Rome does have is a variety of government sector jobs. Due to the financial constraints the government is facing, a large number of state and federal employees will see adverse action. This may include deficit reduction programs, layoffs, etc. By doing so, Rome we take yet another hard hit. Going back to state work, prisons are not desirable in any community. The only benefit is the high level salaries. Rome citizens are to reliant on governmental and contracted positions. Once someone recieves a job in one of these two careers, they "made it". There is minimum investment in the private sector. By investing in the private industries, Rome could see a growth which surpasses the career opportunities in the government sector. The mentality of Rome's leaders is that they are unwilling to be "business friendly" due to fear that they will lose tax revenue in the process. They would rather charge their citizens, investors and visitors one of the highest tax rates in the country. What they fail to realize is that by promoting job growth in the private sector and lowering tax rates, they could potentially see more. This isn't to hard to grasp. You would have a larger group of the citizenship in a much higher tax bracket. How much can they be making if 50% of the citizens are on assistance and 40% work for, on average,$11 per hr. The only one benefiting from this philosophy are the ones paid with tax dollars. The non-governmental employees are being taken for a ride. Rome needs to get out of the Rome mindset and start asking questions before its to late. Once the government makes its cuts, it will increase the strain on public assistance and adversely impact the non-governmental minimum wage employees. How would Rome survive that? As for crime, wait until something like this happens. Rome isn't the only CNY community that needs to wake up either.
Absolutely

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

You should run for Mayor
Here is the issue

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

There would definitely be some radical changes to say the least. Rome is in need of a fresh start and it would take persistence. The mayor would have to stay focused on the objectives and not be discouraged when roadblocks arise. They must be judgemental and make decisions based on what is best for the community, not their private interests. If they are determined, they could dramatically reduce spending and see a profit for the city by investing in the people. That profit could be applied back into the community in various ways including further reductions in taxes. For one, I wouldn't accept a high figure salary. What mayor would accept that kind of salary when the residents of their community are barely making it? The high level community leaders are accepting six figure salaries when they are doing nothing to promote job growth. That is in no way ethical. City departments could be reorganized in such a way to reduce costs, but they fail to do so. There are simple and logical solutions. The thing is, if they city government isn't persistent, judgemental and determined, it will never be. Lastly, they need to be less of a politician and more of a servant. That is how you know you found the right person for the job.
Artie

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Here is the issue wrote:
There would definitely be some radical changes to say the least. Rome is in need of a fresh start and it would take persistence. The mayor would have to stay focused on the objectives and not be discouraged when roadblocks arise. They must be judgemental and make decisions based on what is best for the community, not their private interests. If they are determined, they could dramatically reduce spending and see a profit for the city by investing in the people. That profit could be applied back into the community in various ways including further reductions in taxes. For one, I wouldn't accept a high figure salary. What mayor would accept that kind of salary when the residents of their community are barely making it? The high level community leaders are accepting six figure salaries when they are doing nothing to promote job growth. That is in no way ethical. City departments could be reorganized in such a way to reduce costs, but they fail to do so. There are simple and logical solutions. The thing is, if they city government isn't persistent, judgemental and determined, it will never be. Lastly, they need to be less of a politician and more of a servant. That is how you know you found the right person for the job.
You say so Joe.
Confused

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Artie wrote:
<quoted text>
You say so Joe.
You respond to a well thought out position with "You say so Joe."? Please enlighten us with your ideas on how to improve Rome. You seem to be a very insightful individual. I cannot wait to hear from one of the great minds from Rome.
Here is the issue

Rome, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Get RID of FUSCO & Get in someone that can LEAD!
omg

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Rome, stop blaming everyone else for your problems. Stand up and initiate change or stay quiet. People can come here and vent, but it doesn't impress anyone. Fusco is doing more than all of you combined. All we hear out of Rome is blah, blah, blah, cry, cry, cry. No one could go into Rome and radically change it. Romans have this "its Rome and it will never change mentality". You guys do it to yourselves. So go enjoy your television shows, drink your beer and realize YOU are the problem in Rome. Not other people.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
vito spoon 28 min spikefaced skagju... 18
cristy calandra 31 min Harry Balls 2
who were the known mob families in Rome back in... (May '13) 2 hr Vinny Donuts 148
Raspberry's at Friendly's 2 hr jason 72
What happensed to Greg Bean 5 hr Never changes 3
mike baker and his step daughter 8 hr Dumbfounded 6
Good Doctors in Rome ? 9 hr Oswego Rocks HCCC... 7
Bouck St 14 hr Utica OD 27

Search the Rome Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Rome Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000