ITT Exelis time to shut down

Posted in the Rome Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
fat midget

Meriden, CT

#1 Jul 25, 2013
So when exactly is that place going under for good? They aren't going to win the ISSE contract, so what the heck are they still doing there? Get ready to shut down ITT Rome.
keys to the sidewalk

Syracuse, NY

#2 Jul 25, 2013
so you focked up & got fired. get over it & go find a job loser.
fat midget

Meriden, CT

#3 Jul 25, 2013
keys to the sidewalk wrote:
so you focked up & got fired. get over it & go find a job loser.
Wrong. I work at the base. ITT is going down. Don't worry there are plenty of pizza places you can work at in Rome WHEN it happens. lol
keys to the sidewalk

Syracuse, NY

#4 Jul 25, 2013
oh "the base". mmm hmm
fat midget

Watertown, MA

#5 Jul 27, 2013
keys to the sidewalk wrote:
oh "the base". mmm hmm
yep I'm lying on an anonymous site you jackass. like I said, it's only a matter of time before that joke of a place goes down. especially with half of the workers there being complete idiots.
fat midget

Wilbraham, MA

#6 Jul 30, 2013
anyone know when that place is shutting down?
oldtimer

New York, NY

#7 Jul 30, 2013
The 'ISSI' or 'ISSI Guard' is nothing more than the old 'USAFE GUARD' with lots of bandages. The old times will know what I am talking about. Also, when Dolphin had the contract, (Dolphin was bought by ITT) that first contract was a 'political gimmie' ( A big shot from contracting, at the Lab got a Job with Dolphin after the contract was awarded) and there were lots of problems from the start. Dolphin managed to bull s their way through it. Leter ITT turned their backs on those that could fix it. ITT did go out on little purchase order to get the fixes they needed, but they never gave the guys who solved many of the problems credit for the fix. Uncle Sam really never knew who got many of the bugs out. When the little guys from other small companies, who had the brains to fix it, turned their backs, ITT was in big trouble. Many of the folks at ITT, although they walk and talk the cyber security stuff, are in my opinion second and third rate computer scientists. One of the ITT tech managers was the biggest looser in terms of technology that I ever met. They lost their best manager, who was a real tech person, once he saw the light and Excelis (which is still ITT) sent in their own henchmen.
fat midget

Wilbraham, MA

#8 Jul 30, 2013
couldn't have said it better. word is that place will be done soon. hanging by a thread right now. bunch of overpaid cashiers honestly. src gutted then of whatever decent programmers they had, and won contracts aren't even given to Rome by itt. Just a matter of time.
Liverpool Guido

Rome, NY

#9 Aug 2, 2014
Exelis Inc., Herndon, Virginia, has been awarded an estimated $49,900,000 cost-plus-fixed-fee, indefinite-delivery/indefinite -quantity contract for new and enhanced software. The contractor will research, develop, enhance, deploy and support the next-generation Cross Domain Transfer Solutions. This will be accomplished by the following: researching new cross domain transfer solution technologies to improve performance, enhance security, increase autonomy and reduce life-cycle costs; enhance current solutions utilizing technologies from varying Technology Readiness Levels; providing authorized users the ability to securely transfer data between interconnected security domains while protecting against unauthorized access or malicious attack; and by deploying and supporting these solutions to meet the current and rapidly evolving intelligence needs. Work will be performed at Rome, New York, and is expected to be completed by July 30, 2020. This award is the result of a competitive acquisition and offers were solicited electronically, and two offers were received. Fiscal 2014 operations and maintenance funds in the amount of $100,000 are being obligated at time of award. Air Force Research Laboratory/RIKE, Rome, New York, is the contracting activity (FA8750-14-D-0001).
JackonJackoff

Utica, NY

#10 Aug 3, 2014
I would be willing to bet that the second offer was SRC, Inc. and it seems that the Civil Action discussed at the following site is somehow related: http://docs.justia.com/cases/federal/district...
Habanero Harv

Rome, NY

#11 Aug 3, 2014
close it down
Robert

Hyattsville, MD

#12 Aug 3, 2014
oldtimer wrote:
The 'ISSI' or 'ISSI Guard' is nothing more than the old 'USAFE GUARD' with lots of bandages. The old times will know what I am talking about. Also, when Dolphin had the contract,(Dolphin was bought by ITT) that first contract was a 'political gimmie'( A big shot from contracting, at the Lab got a Job with Dolphin after the contract was awarded) and there were lots of problems from the start. Dolphin managed to bull s their way through it. Leter ITT turned their backs on those that could fix it. ITT did go out on little purchase order to get the fixes they needed, but they never gave the guys who solved many of the problems credit for the fix. Uncle Sam really never knew who got many of the bugs out. When the little guys from other small companies, who had the brains to fix it, turned their backs, ITT was in big trouble. Many of the folks at ITT, although they walk and talk the cyber security stuff, are in my opinion second and third rate computer scientists. One of the ITT tech managers was the biggest looser in terms of technology that I ever met. They lost their best manager, who was a real tech person, once he saw the light and Excelis (which is still ITT) sent in their own henchmen.
It was Scott Patrick (government civilian) that directed the award to Dolphin. Then quit the government after the award and went to work where? You guessed it, Dolphin. Good play Mike M.
Frank

Hyattsville, MD

#13 Aug 3, 2014
JackonJackoff wrote:
I would be willing to bet that the second offer was SRC, Inc. and it seems that the Civil Action discussed at the following site is somehow related: http://docs.justia.com/cases/federal/district...
You are correct.
Silly Rabbit

Utica, NY

#14 Aug 3, 2014
Robert wrote:
<quoted text>
It was Scott Patrick (government civilian) that directed the award to Dolphin. Then quit the government after the award and went to work where? You guessed it, Dolphin. Good play Mike M.
Are you making reference to Mike Miravale (founder and owner of Dolphin Technologies) or some other Mike? Didn't Jack LoSecco work as a Program Manager on ISSE GUARD related stuff at Northrop Grumman before he switched to Dolphin Technology for a VP position when all the dealing was going on?
Sveltna Skank

New York Mills, NY

#15 Aug 4, 2014
I went to lunch today and bumped into some folks who told me that they heard that going forward that Jack LoSecco would be leading up the United Way Campaign for SRC despite his $200K plus a year salary and that the remaining former Exelis employees would be let go in a three stage approach. The money paid to Jack would be recovered in the Overhead rate that was being billed to the Government. WONDERFUL!!!!
Not Right

New York Mills, NY

#16 Aug 5, 2014
Sveltna Skank wrote:
I went to lunch today and bumped into some folks who told me that they heard that going forward that Jack LoSecco would be leading up the United Way Campaign for SRC despite his $200K plus a year salary and that the remaining former Exelis employees would be let go in a three stage approach. The money paid to Jack would be recovered in the Overhead rate that was being billed to the Government. WONDERFUL!!!!
I think most people would view this as corporate welfare for the well off.
Wanda

Oneida, NY

#17 Aug 5, 2014
ISSE GUARD. Dumbest program ever. Should have been killed long ago.
Habanero Harv

Rome, NY

#18 Aug 5, 2014
Obama has many surprises for you
Silly Rabbit

Utica, NY

#19 Aug 6, 2014
Habanero Harv wrote:
Obama has many surprises for you
I don't believe that Obama would be supportive of corporate welfare for the well to do.
Bob Bobs

New York Mills, NY

#20 Aug 7, 2014
Silly Rabbit wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe that Obama would be supportive of corporate welfare for the well to do.
Corporate welfare has been very good for me!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hooters Opening Soon 2 hr Blinded Idiot 12
News Former Rome wrestling coach charged with child ... 2 hr Adam Adam Adam 16
Foxwood Townhouses in Rome, NY 4 hr Auugah 1
News Rome community rally against proposed education... 5 hr Teacher 57
A Lesson I Learned in Traffic Court 5 hr obviouslyblinded 16
Whole Foods Market 8 hr Whole foods 7
1000 cash bail, really? 8 hr why bother 2
Red Moon Saloon (Feb '11) Mon lori lori lori lori 10
More from around the web

Rome People Search