Kayuta lake camping
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Disappointed

Jamesville, NY

#1 Oct 11, 2013
These people take the FUN out of camping. the hay ride guy is annoying. the people take your firewood if you turn your back. you pay to camp there and have to pay to take a shower too.. the people in the store are snotty. you can't swim in the lake you have to all cram in a very small pool with NO adult hours so you have kids jumping all over you. yes lots of things to do if you are a little kid. IF your parents are ready to hand over money for them to do it. People keeping you awake past quiet time. kids are never being looked after. we were told kids had to wear helmets i seen only two with helmets. we have camped there years ago and the last couple summers and will NOT be returning. Nothing for adults to do. went to the game room and kids were not being watched an swearing up a storm. Big kids sitting around on the play ground as there was no entertainment for them.
Has anyone else been as disappointed as we were?
AMEN

Jamesville, NY

#2 Oct 11, 2013
Yes you are right on all points you have made. we left last year, we wont go back.
Lake Swimmer

Sherburne, NY

#3 Oct 11, 2013
You can't swim in the lake anymore? WHY??? That sucks!
lol

Syracuse, NY

#4 Oct 11, 2013
That's because they dont make money from the beach. and dont want to clean it. not that they cleaned anyways its all dog shit down there. These owners are out of their minds the way they try and make you do EVERYTHING THEIR WAY. Its camping for the love of god let people be.
WELL

Syracuse, NY

#5 Oct 13, 2013
So true we went there is summer. It will be the last time.Not much fun for adults.. Really not alot for kids unless you want to keeps spending money. An the people who run an work there are all snotty. WONT GO BACK
Night train

Utica, NY

#6 Oct 13, 2013
I will never go back there, we went there in aug. my kids had an ok time and it cost me ALOT of money to camp there. my kids are 7-12 years old and if they didn't have money to do something than they were bored, my wife and I ventured up to "the ridge" on Saturday night of our trip and that was the most fun I had all weekend, those folks know how to have a good time and always laugh! I heard that they wont be back next year? if that is true I wont go back there because those people were nice for meeting us the first time unlike the people in the store who were miserable.
Obama s camp ground

Moravia, NY

#7 Apr 6, 2014
they want to run this camp ground like Obama runs this country. They want to know what kind and what year your camper is they want to make sure it is new enough for their camp grounds! Seriously this is crazy. Who does this? OBAMA, he is always do as i say not as i am. Well maybe these owners should upgrade their camper, they have a cheap old POP UP camper. Now i think that is funny they are bossy people. i see what you are all talking about. boat slips are very limited. And there is no more ridge. they said those people were trouble. and never joined in any of the events they had. WHAT? A camp ground that you HAVE TO JOIN IN ON THEIR EVENTS! Never heard of such a thing.. OBAMA! that's they way he is. see my Point? Don't camp there they are like being in prison they drive around to make sure no one is having any kind of fun. Unless it is their fun.
wont

Moravia, NY

#8 Apr 6, 2014
Wont go back to this camp ground. Its very boring.
Loved Camping

Rome, NY

#9 Apr 8, 2014
Years ago I camped at many camping places. You paid a fee for each night you stayed. All entertainment was free!!! Bands, Hay rides, games with prizes, dances, outside movies, contests, etc. The only thing you paid for were items in the store and to do laundry.I can't believe the charges they have now!!???!! Never Again!
butafuco

Syracuse, NY

#10 Apr 9, 2014
Night train wrote:
I will never go back there, we went there in aug. my kids had an ok time and it cost me ALOT of money to camp there. my kids are 7-12 years old and if they didn't have money to do something than they were bored, my wife and I ventured up to "the ridge" on Saturday night of our trip and that was the most fun I had all weekend, those folks know how to have a good time and always laugh! I heard that they wont be back next year? if that is true I wont go back there because those people were nice for meeting us the first time unlike the people in the store who were miserable.
they were all thrown out at the end of last year forall the discusting things they did, like show boobs-peepees-wife swapping-ect!
Camp man

Watertown, NY

#11 Apr 9, 2014
I've never been there but I will tell you that my personal experience is it is a terrible place to camp.
Lol

Syracuse, NY

#12 Apr 9, 2014
Camp man wrote:
I've never been there but I will tell you that my personal experience is it is a terrible place to camp.
Took a moment then I got it.
yep

Holland Patent, NY

#13 Apr 9, 2014
By far the most boring!! Who wants to go camping, to swim in a pool?
Nothing is free

Waltham, MA

#14 Apr 9, 2014
I have a camp on kayuta , 4 years ago one of there campers boat died and they drifted to my dock we couldn't get it started so they asked if I would go to the camp ground to have there son bring the jet ski over to pull them back. So I went there found the site. Next thing the shit hit the fan the owners came after me for not paying to get in gates was up no one there they started yelling and got in my face the son left and before I got to the gate to leave the cops showed up and they pressed charges for not paying. I will not help anyone how stays there every again
A Camper

Moravia, NY

#15 Apr 9, 2014
Most of this true i do camp there this just may be my last year there. But let me tell you all something. The "Ridge" people as you all call them. Are the nicest people there. The are always making sure everyone is Happy and having a good time. The other things implied are so far fetched its funny. They are all related one way or another.
I can say the guy on the green golf cart ( anyone that knows their ass from a hole in the ground will know who i am speaking about ) He is the one screwing anything on 2 legs that he can. Even if it is your wife.
So: true about not swimming in the lake,True the pool is undersized for that camp grounds, true no activities available with out a fee attached to it. True boast slips are limited, true they drive around to monitor your actions, oh i could keep the list going but i think you get it . They are running the place into the ground. they will be gone in 5 to 10 years.
the ridge people would make great owners.
They may have been asked to not return but i was told they were leaving anyways from them personally.
lakeside

Moravia, NY

#17 Apr 9, 2014
Sean Woodard (Woody)
lakeside blonda

Syracuse, NY

#18 Apr 9, 2014
is it fat azz bernie!
Lmao

Rome, NY

#19 Apr 9, 2014
lakeside blonda wrote:
is it fat azz bernie!
the ridge didn't have a green gulf cart
Wave runner

Moravia, NY

#20 Apr 10, 2014
You people kill me! Lol Karin an Mike are NJ slobs! Think they know everything about everyone and all should be goodie goodie like they think they are! They go around talking about campers to whomever will listen. I have heard them complain about the campers. They even had the man that lived in the adjoining land tossed off his familes property. more of the camper spent time out there then thy know about! They better watch out someone very soon is going to hand it all right back to them! It is going to smell like a bouquet of shit just like they hand out! Tick toc the clock is winding down! Before they go judging other peoples camper they should look at the shit hole they live in first, it is not the Taj Mahal!
Lmao Bernie has never owned a green golf cart! Why don't you look in the mirror before YOU (YA YOU KNOW WHO U ARE ) go calling him a fat ASS ya that's the correct spelling! Bernie an his group all have great personalities, very personable!
The NJ slobs should have taken notes an learned a lesson or two from them!
Grandchild was dropped off to us once they drove in dropped them off an left before Mrs watchdog could make it around the whole part looking for the car that drove on in without paying!!! ROFLMAO
what

Moravia, NY

#21 Apr 11, 2014
Its the very unfriendly place. The people in the store are miserable. very boring place. We as a family wont be going back very unpleasant camp ground.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kirstin Safin 6 min Sheila 14
Turning Stone 16 min birnie 2
Drums along the mohawk 1966 in Rome?? 42 min U kno who u are 7
Samantha Sullivan and Damian Riollo 1 hr Sad 1
Ron Townsend - VERDICT IS IN (May '16) 1 hr Roman 333
Rome NY is a SANCTUARY city for DRUG DEALERS 2 hr Watching 3
Bass fishing 2 hr Die hardest 9

Rome Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance