WTF IS GOING on with this shool syste...

WTF IS GOING on with this shool system ??

Posted in the Rome Forum

whattttttttt

Rome, NY

#1 Jul 19, 2014
No wonder the taxes keep going up .....'didn't they just do strough and now needs more work?? Long-discussed plans for a $25.4 million renovation at Strough Middle School may face more changes, including revisiting an option for the building to remain partially occupied during the project. Someone is lining their pockets
Habanero Harv

Rome, NY

#2 Jul 22, 2014
without GOD you may as well close all schools on earth!
Suzanne

Estero, FL

#3 Jul 22, 2014
With this mythical bronze age superstition the world is doomed.
School

Syracuse, NY

#4 Jul 23, 2014
We are very lucky in this country to have access to a free education. There was a time when you either needed to have money or amazing determination to get an education.

Everyone has the same opportunity. It is what they MAKE of that opportunity that is important. If someone doesn't WANT to learn, if they don't want to attend school, if they are disruptive and interfere with the education of others, then they should be channeled into a trade school. If they fail there, they are done.

In college, if you don't attend classes, you fail. If you don't complete homework assignments, you fail. No-one else cares. You don't get suspended, no letters home to mommy and daddy. No detention. You work, or you fail. That is the way high school should be too.

I think everyone should have the same opportunity for a free education. But I also think they should make the best of it, or lose the opportunity. With all the money that would be saved trying to force an education down the throats of those who don't appreciate it, and for the complex facilities to house them, maybe we could make the first 2 years of college free, too.

The entire education system needs to be reworked.
Habanero Harv

Rome, NY

#5 Jul 23, 2014
school's out for summer

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Transgender bathrooms at RFA 1 hr Hugh 10
Drums along the mohawk 1966 in Rome?? 2 hr fly 14 6
Crystal 3 hr You got the life 2
Randy Nutcase Harrington 6 hr Rat trap 3
Bass fishing 8 hr Oldest Joke Troll 6
Tenney 9 hr Really 5
Jackie Morgan..Any one know her story?? (Oct '10) 18 hr BFg 3

Rome Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance