Toyota Motor Company to relocate to the former Spargo Wire Co

Posted in the Rome Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mr Fuji

New York, NY

#1 Feb 22, 2013
According to an unofficial Japanese press release this morning in Tokyo the Toyota Motor Company will be opening a plant in Rome, NY .

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#2 Feb 22, 2013
Don't hold your breath!
Betty

New York, NY

#4 Feb 22, 2013
I see wrote:
And Joe Fusco is also being name TIME man of the YEAR!
Both Brown and Masooooch are being featured on the Biggest LOSER.
The original Hello Again

Liverpool, NY

#5 Feb 23, 2013
Betty wrote:
<quoted text>
Both Brown and Masooooch are being featured on the Biggest LOSER.
Nobody is a bigger LOOSER that Fusco!
Roger Ram Jet

Rome, NY

#7 Feb 23, 2013
Mr Fuji wrote:
According to an unofficial Japanese press release this morning in Tokyo the Toyota Motor Company will be opening a plant in Rome, NY .
Right, and they located Big Foot in the woods off S. James St.
Fusco fails

Syracuse, NY

#8 Feb 23, 2013
The gravedigger can't keep existing businesses to stay let alone attract somebody like Toyota!
Guessing

Rome, NY

#9 Feb 23, 2013
Fusco fails wrote:
The gravedigger can't keep existing businesses to stay let alone attract somebody like Toyota!
The last I heard we had a chance to get a Bass Pro Shop here and the real estate and city adminstration would not work with them to find them a location they could use. The ended up going to Utica. That figures like we don't have enought buildings here that they could not have worked with these people to find a suitable location.
The original Hello Again

Verona, NY

#10 Feb 23, 2013
Bass pro shops does NOT want the prision scum in ther estores! that is why no bis store will settele in rome! GET RID OF THE PRISIONS & WE MAY GET IN STORES!
Yankee

New York, NY

#11 Feb 23, 2013
Guessing wrote:
<quoted text>
The last I heard we had a chance to get a Bass Pro Shop here and the real estate and city adminstration would not work with them to find them a location they could use. The ended up going to Utica. That figures like we don't have enought buildings here that they could not have worked with these people to find a suitable location.
Bass Pro in Utica? Also unlikely.
Yankee

New York, NY

#12 Feb 23, 2013
Well, whaddya know? Looks like Bass Pro is indeed opening a store in Utica.

Hope it lasts. And I hope it doesn't go all wussy like Gander Mt. did!
Guessing

Rome, NY

#13 Feb 23, 2013
Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
Bass Pro in Utica? Also unlikely.
I take it by your comment you don't follow the news. Bass Pro is opening a store in the Riverside complex. It was on last night's news, and you can find it on their web site.
Yankee

New York, NY

#14 Feb 24, 2013
Guessing wrote:
<quoted text>
I take it by your comment you don't follow the news. Bass Pro is opening a store in the Riverside complex. It was on last night's news, and you can find it on their web site.
May I refer you to post #12?

Yeah, I follow the news, but not on the Utica stations.
Guessing

Rome, NY

#15 Feb 24, 2013
Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
May I refer you to post #12?
Yeah, I follow the news, but not on the Utica stations.
Yankee yea I saw it but only after I posted. Sorry my bad.
Taxes

New York, NY

#16 Feb 24, 2013
A company the size of Toyota would never open in NY because of the taxes. They would lose millions. Last I checked they had a thriving operation in KY. Why on earth would they come to NY?
Guessing

Rome, NY

#17 Feb 24, 2013
Taxes wrote:
A company the size of Toyota would never open in NY because of the taxes. They would lose millions. Last I checked they had a thriving operation in KY. Why on earth would they come to NY?
They wouldn't. The thread was just started by someone bored. Look at new process ger part of crysler and orion bus. Look at what happened to them. The is no one in their right mind that would open a plant in ny lease of all Rome. We had the chance to have Bass Pro open here and they were giving such a negative reception they went to all places Utica. Face it we do not have people here with the smarts to get people here.
Yankee

New York, NY

#18 Feb 24, 2013
Guessing wrote:
<quoted text>
Yankee yea I saw it but only after I posted. Sorry my bad.
It's all cool, friend.
Yankee

New York, NY

#19 Feb 24, 2013
Guessing wrote:
<quoted text>
They wouldn't. The thread was just started by someone bored. Look at new process ger part of crysler and orion bus. Look at what happened to them. The is no one in their right mind that would open a plant in ny lease of all Rome. We had the chance to have Bass Pro open here and they were giving such a negative reception they went to all places Utica. Face it we do not have people here with the smarts to get people here.
Where was Bass Pro considering in the city of Rome? I'm curious.
Mr Saito

New York, NY

#20 Feb 24, 2013
Heard they were also opening a plant in Rome. There will be a news conference later this week.
Guessing

Rome, NY

#21 Feb 24, 2013
Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
Where was Bass Pro considering in the city of Rome? I'm curious.
The old Home Dept building. However, someone or group told them that it was not in their master plan. Where did we hear that before, and we are still waiting for it to be developed.
Yankee

New York, NY

#23 Feb 25, 2013
Guessing wrote:
<quoted text>
The old Home Dept building. However, someone or group told them that it was not in their master plan. Where did we hear that before, and we are still waiting for it to be developed.
Ah. Well, there's plenty of room there - even the little GNC shop is moving. The whole big building is empty.What a waste!

I'd sure like to get a peek at this "Master Plan". Seems it has more ways to prevent businesses from locating here than it does to invite them.

Oh! I get it! Rome wants to become a ghost town. Think of the tourist possibilities!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
El Chico restaurate 18 min RUKIDDIN 8
Where to meet girls 56 min Beats Christian M... 4
public parasites ie police fire teachers u get it 2 hr no good people 4
what is the best bar in rome for food, drinks a... 2 hr Roman 19
W Dominick st 3 hr Old roman 1
Beach baes 6 hr Funbags 4
Mikey Riolo had to go to rehab (heroin) 6 hr ChugginJugs 13
Toughest Guy in rome (Apr '10) 6 hr TonyD13440 332
Rome Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Rome People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Rome News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Rome

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:19 am PST