elementary schools
moving

East Granby, CT

#1 Jun 17, 2013
I'll be moving to the area over the summer.....which of the elementary schools are recommended??
townsperson

New York, NY

#2 Jun 17, 2013
My children have attended a few of rome schools. They received a better experience at denti elementary, over gansavort and bellamy. Denti is more thuro with attendance , learning levels and childrens well being.

Since: Jan 08

Rome

#3 Jun 17, 2013
Stokes & John Joy, located in the northern suburbs of Rome experience the highest performance in standard testing / school report cards. Based on my reading of the literature, that's most attributable to the socio-economic and parental education levels of those neighborhoods compared to elsewhere in the city.

That's not intended to slam the administrators or staff at either of those schools; they must at least be competent, based on their outcomes.
Mom

Cortland, NY

#4 Jun 17, 2013
Denti really is the best one in my opinion.
VanillaBeans

Cortland, NY

#5 Jun 17, 2013
John E. Joy, Ridge Mills in N. Rome
brown trout

Verona, NY

#7 Jun 17, 2013
frankcor wrote:
Stokes & John Joy, located in the northern suburbs of Rome experience the highest performance in standard testing / school report cards. Based on my reading of the literature, that's most attributable to the socio-economic and parental education levels of those neighborhoods compared to elsewhere in the city.
That's not intended to slam the administrators or staff at either of those schools; they must at least be competent, based on their outcomes.
Maybe they are lucky enough to have a couple of teachers that are NOT LAZY! Most of the Rome teachers could care less if the kids pass as long as they keep getting the pay check!THAT IS A FACT!

Rome

#8 Jun 17, 2013
brown trout wrote:
Most of the Rome teachers could care less if the kids pass as long as they keep getting the pay check!THAT IS A FACT!
I would love to see the data your are citing to support your belief.
saltynuts

Rome, NY

#9 Jun 17, 2013
move back out of town
khm

Syracuse, NY

#10 Jun 17, 2013
All elementary schools are on the State Focus list ( not good). Stokes is located in the Town of Lee and taxes there are lower than in Rome. Check district web site for grade configurations.
BrownTown

Bentonville, AR

#11 Jun 17, 2013
For best education? Rome Catholic
brown trout

Tully, NY

#12 Jun 17, 2013
frankcor wrote:
<quoted text>I would love to see the data your are citing to support your belief.
I got MY data the same placxe you got yours! we have LAZY teachers in ROME! Does the truth bother you...thats why rome is so low on NYS list of schools!
saltynuts

Rome, NY

#13 Jun 17, 2013
rome catholic will cost you an arm and a leg..literally!
My Thoughts

New York, NY

#14 Jun 17, 2013
John Joy, Stokes, Denti, Ridge Mills. I would stay away from the others.

Rome

#15 Jun 18, 2013
brown trout wrote:
I got MY data the same placxe you got yours! we have LAZY teachers in ROME! Does the truth bother you...thats why rome is so low on NYS list of schools!
Just as I suspected ...
Agree

New Britain, CT

#16 Jun 18, 2013
I agree also. Keep the kids out of Rome as much as possible. Different community of people in the area thanks to the prisons. Not saying all are bad but majority & the locals that pass it down generation to generation.[QUOTE ]who="frankcor"]Stok es & John Joy, located in the northern suburbs of Rome experience the highest performance in standard testing / school report cards. Based on my reading of the literature, that's most attrIibutable to the socio-economic and parental education levels of those neighborhoods compared elsewhere in the city.
That's not intended to slam the administrators or staff at either of those schools; they must at least be competent, based on their outcomes.[/QUOTE]
LAZY ROME TEACHER

Hampton, VA

#17 Jun 18, 2013
brown trout wrote:
<quoted text>I got MY data the same placxe you got yours! we have LAZY teachers in ROME! Does the truth bother you...thats why rome is so low on NYS list of schools!
i agree 100 percent. i don't care how many of my kids pass as long as i keep makeing my $86000 for 180 days 4 hrs work, I am Very Happy!
saltynuts

Rome, NY

#18 Jun 18, 2013
is this anna pasqualetti?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
trash desalvo 1 hr milton 2
question. 4 hr ugh 1
What happended to? 5 hr MovedBack 1
Fireworks in Rome July 4th ?? 14 hr Duh 2
4 wiccan discussion (Apr '10) Thu right 38
Frank Tallarino Thu Former Rome Tax P... 8
Rome's Next Mayor Thu BANANANANANA 161
More from around the web

Rome People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE