Five Guys Hamburgers opens

Five Guys Hamburgers opens

Posted in the Rome Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Mayor Brown creates jobs

West Leyden, NY

#1 Oct 25, 2010
Five Guys Hamburgers and fries opens today in a newly built facility at the Herb Philipson's Plaza. These are manufacturing jobs as reclassified by the Bush Administration years ago. It is nice to know that we are moving ahead in a couple areas where everything else is in reverse. With the upcoming loss of 400 jobs at Rite Aid Distribution, 100 or so at Orion Bus Industries and even the City of Rome is going to layoff in excess of 20. It's goo to know that we are creating 12 or 15 new jobs. Maybe even a couple could even be full time.
Burton Cummings

Montgomery, AL

#2 Oct 25, 2010
I hope you are being sarcastic because this hardly qualifies as creating well-paying jobs for the many out of work and those who will be out of work.
FiveGuysRGoodGuy s

Hilton, NY

#3 Oct 25, 2010
Stop crying, five guys is great, you guys complain just because it's not right aide distribution.

Boo hoo, eat a burger and shut your mouth.
Clayton Bigsby

New Hartford, NY

#4 Oct 25, 2010
Burton Cummings wrote:
I hope you are being sarcastic because this hardly qualifies as creating well-paying jobs for the many out of work and those who will be out of work.
$11 for a crappy burger ,fries,+ soda ! It will last less than 2 years in rome and then there will be another empty building. WOOGIE BOOGIE
FiveGuysRGoodGuy s

Hilton, NY

#5 Oct 25, 2010
It's not that pricey, if you don't like it go to Mcdonalds, I don't want to smell you as I eat my gourmet burger anyway.
MMM

AOL

#6 Oct 25, 2010
We have been to the one in Rochester --it is fantastic!
harharhar

United States

#7 Oct 25, 2010
in n out burger is way better. but i am glad to have a decent burger place here.
Burton Cummings

Montgomery, AL

#8 Oct 25, 2010
Burger and fries...just what we need besides pizza joints.
Papa

West Leyden, NY

#9 Oct 25, 2010
Five Guys will Kill Papa Ricks. The Tharret family made so much money and they got their wealth from hardly working for the city of Rome. I know when Five Guys closes (they will because people who are out of work don't pay $11 for a burger, fries and a coke) maybe the Tharret family will find a way for enterprise prise money to get them the 5 Guys building. The new Home of Papa Ricks.

Rick will ask for lower taxes but we all know if in years past they negotiated instead of paying out so much to city employees (like they do down south) we would have lower taxes and better job base.

The bright side these people will some day die out and then we can cut taxes.
Joe

Brooklyn, NY

#10 Oct 25, 2010
WOW how is it that a thread about a chain place opens, and people come in to bash a local guy trying to work for his family. YOU should be ashamed. Its family owned and operated, and I support Papa Ricks and any other LOCALLY owned operation. Why dont the people of this town try to take care of their own for once!!
Good job

Brooklyn, NY

#11 Oct 25, 2010
Mayor Brown creates jobs wrote:
Five Guys Hamburgers and fries opens today in a newly built facility at the Herb Philipson's Plaza. These are manufacturing jobs as reclassified by the Bush Administration years ago. It is nice to know that we are moving ahead in a couple areas where everything else is in reverse. With the upcoming loss of 400 jobs at Rite Aid Distribution, 100 or so at Orion Bus Industries and even the City of Rome is going to layoff in excess of 20. It's goo to know that we are creating 12 or 15 new jobs. Maybe even a couple could even be full time.
hey good job on creating 15-20 new low-wage. Makes me forget all about the 400 good paying jobs Rome lost. Our government at work...backwards!
please

United States

#12 Oct 25, 2010
Congrats to the opening of 5 Guys. Sorry to the negative people who feel the need to trash a business in our city.Sad when were finally getting businesses and scums have to talk bad and spread rumors.Can't afford it don't go.Keep your mouth shut and for once support the citys businesses.In reality it is a great business with great food. ..
Fact

West Leyden, NY

#13 Oct 25, 2010
Good job wrote:
<quoted text>hey good job on creating 15-20 new low-wage. Makes me forget all about the 400 good paying jobs Rome lost. Our government at work...backwards!
They pay better and employ a lot more that Papa Rick's Plus they are open year round too. Papa Rick's can s uck my D!ck
Marge

West Leyden, NY

#14 Oct 25, 2010
I am happy that we got a Five Guys Hamburgers. The people that work there are clean and neat. The people that work at Rite Aid Warehouse are scummy and a lot of Dykes work there also. As long as we attract places that only hire people who are tidy we will attract clean people. If we have, attract and keep places like Rite Aid Distribution Center, Orion and Revere we will keep and attract scum bags to our area. Thankful to have a class act company like Five Guys but would also rejoice if the three Ride Aid's also leave with the warehouse. Another Walgreen's, CVS or Kinney's would be nice when they leave.
I am retired and I net $4200 a month in retirement and Social Security. I will continue to shop Walgreens (they give a senior citizen discount) and Five Guys. Rite Aid is too expensive because they pay their people too much. When I worked I worked for the base I had some class, unlike warehouse and factory workers. Food people are atleast clean and tidy
Yankee

Morrisville, NY

#15 Oct 25, 2010
Marge wrote:
I am happy that we got a Five Guys Hamburgers. The people that work there are clean and neat. The people that work at Rite Aid Warehouse are scummy and a lot of Dykes work there also. As long as we attract places that only hire people who are tidy we will attract clean people. If we have, attract and keep places like Rite Aid Distribution Center, Orion and Revere we will keep and attract scum bags to our area. Thankful to have a class act company like Five Guys but would also rejoice if the three Ride Aid's also leave with the warehouse. Another Walgreen's, CVS or Kinney's would be nice when they leave.
I am retired and I net $4200 a month in retirement and Social Security. I will continue to shop Walgreens (they give a senior citizen discount) and Five Guys. Rite Aid is too expensive because they pay their people too much. When I worked I worked for the base I had some class, unlike warehouse and factory workers. Food people are atleast clean and tidy
You have class? Oh, you say you HAD class. I'm glad you straightened that up.
good but

Brooklyn, NY

#17 Oct 25, 2010
They do have great tasting food but....they need some healthy choices on their menu too.
Good job

Brooklyn, NY

#18 Oct 25, 2010
Marge wrote:
I am happy that we got a Five Guys Hamburgers. The people that work there are clean and neat. The people that work at Rite Aid Warehouse are scummy and a lot of Dykes work there also. As long as we attract places that only hire people who are tidy we will attract clean people. If we have, attract and keep places like Rite Aid Distribution Center, Orion and Revere we will keep and attract scum bags to our area. Thankful to have a class act company like Five Guys but would also rejoice if the three Ride Aid's also leave with the warehouse. Another Walgreen's, CVS or Kinney's would be nice when they leave.
I am retired and I net $4200 a month in retirement and Social Security. I will continue to shop Walgreens (they give a senior citizen discount) and Five Guys. Rite Aid is too expensive because they pay their people too much. When I worked I worked for the base I had some class, unlike warehouse and factory workers. Food people are atleast clean and tidy
maybe you shoud got to rite aid for your medication. I yhink walgreens gave you placebo's. You have class because your cat says you do. Stay indoors and off the streets before your old a$$ causes an accident. Besides, the Golden Girls are on.

Since: Oct 10

Rome NY

#19 Oct 25, 2010
Marge wrote:
I am happy that we got a Five Guys Hamburgers. The people that work there are clean and neat. The people that work at Rite Aid Warehouse are scummy and a lot of Dykes work there also. As long as we attract places that only hire people who are tidy we will attract clean people. If we have, attract and keep places like Rite Aid Distribution Center, Orion and Revere we will keep and attract scum bags to our area. Thankful to have a class act company like Five Guys but would also rejoice if the three Ride Aid's also leave with the warehouse. Another Walgreen's, CVS or Kinney's would be nice when they leave.
I am retired and I net $4200 a month in retirement and Social Security. I will continue to shop Walgreens (they give a senior citizen discount) and Five Guys. Rite Aid is too expensive because they pay their people too much. When I worked I worked for the base I had some class, unlike warehouse and factory workers. Food people are atleast clean and tidy
You make no sense. I have seen many restaurant workers that do not look clean and tidy as you say. Whatever your smokin must be good.
Father Pat

West Leyden, NY

#21 Oct 26, 2010
forever leather peppers wrote:
<quoted text>
You make no sense. I have seen many restaurant workers that do not look clean and tidy as you say. Whatever your smokin must be good.
food workers in any clean legitimate place are going to be better than warehouse trash. Best thing to happen to Rome is that cancer of a place Rite Aid closes. I just hope the Christians in the community refuse to hire those Dykes that are working there and they will move some where else. We have the power to boycott any scum hole eatery and put it out of business. Five Guys at least for the time being is clean and neat so for now I will send money there.

Papa Ricks is to be avoided when you support Papa Rick's you support Pentecostalism. They do things the Bible says not to do like speaking in tongues. The pastor there Mike Clayton school was never accredited also.
Ted

Chicago, IL

#22 Oct 26, 2010
I think it is great we have a new place to eat.
Yes too many Lesbians work for Rite Aid Warehouse. Let the place close and tear it town.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
brittney vaughn (Aug '13) 15 min freebie the bean 16
Tyler Sharron plus 2 more charged 17 min cos 9
Dominick N. 22 min old rfa buddy 20
Toby Wilson 1 hr MMgrl 12
Amanda Mariah alati aka amanda farda 1 hr AWWWWW 2
Rome Ny Christianity 4 hr Interesting 8
orlando shooting was engineered by the Trump ca... 4 hr Interesting 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Rome Mortgages