City of Rome Codes Dept... City owned Houses....

Posted in the Rome Forum

Romeman

Rome, NY

#1 Apr 14, 2014
The City of Rome needs to revamp their system of being in the Real Estate Market. Their interest is only to get these unfit houses back on the Tax Roles. I know of several houses the Codes Dept has sold to Unfit people for $ 1000.00. This would be Ok, but they have no follow up after the sale. Some of these New Owners, fix up just enough to please codes, then let the properties go to hell. Then the Citys Hands are tied as what they can do about it. There needs to be a Claus in the Sale of the property, that the city has the rites to revoke ownership if the new owners do not comply with city codes and become a neighborhood Problem.
These properties, become eye sores, and the neighborhood that they are in, has to deal with drugs, trash, police activity, just to name a few of these problems.
The City Should get OUT of the Real Estate Business and find a better way to deal with the vacated empty properties......
I am sick and tired of seeing this time after time, and if the property is a Income property, the New Owner should have to occupy the House !!!!
Banks require owner occupy.. Maybe these absentee Owners will take better care of the property if they have to live in it....At this rate, they will be held accountable.......WAKE UP Mayor FUSCO..!!!!
Erica C

Rome, NY

#2 Apr 19, 2014
does codes ever work? is codes needed?
SPORTSBRA

Rome, NY

#3 Apr 19, 2014
Erica C wrote:
Of course they're needed, dipshit.
Tom L

Rome, NY

#4 Apr 20, 2014
Codes are surely needed but I agree that some of the codes need to go while others need to be enforced
Better! We need someone in there that can revamp the system!
Beans Burritto

Rome, NY

#5 Apr 25, 2014
what you need bra is a Playtex to shut your mouth
shiny shoe thugs

Rome, NY

#6 Apr 30, 2014
Erica C wrote:
codes work. domenicos tactics dont
Nothing free

Rome, NY

#7 May 1, 2014
Well nothing seems to work in south rome. I was down in a rome on Tuesday wow ann st has to be the worst area in Rome and De Witt Clinton school you can smell the mold a block away
Beans Burritto

Rome, NY

#8 May 1, 2014
close down codes
ksdjfhbg

Syracuse, NY

#9 May 1, 2014
fbcgj,
Beans Burritto

Rome, NY

#10 May 1, 2014
not needed
ksdjfhbg

Syracuse, NY

#11 May 1, 2014
yrjdtyjteykj

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
dogs near strough lee street side that wont sto... 2 min enoughallready 1
The Sad Truth About Central New York's Issues 1 hr Plenty 2
Carmichael's shut down 1 hr haha 4
Democratic Committee endorses Martin-Grande ove... 2 hr Bar hanger 50
Old Marcy Insane Asylum (Oct '10) 5 hr John Morrison 877
NYS Child support thieves 5 hr ChevyMan 17
Palisades Hotel (Apr '13) 6 hr Shaking 60
Republicans endorses Izzo for mayor over Fusco ... 9 hr Chance 29
Rome's Next Mayor 19 hr Fact 85
More from around the web