Petition for Wegman's?

Petition for Wegman's?

Posted in the Rome Forum

City of Rome Resident

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Sep 6, 2013
Should we start a petition to ask Wegman's to consider Rome for their next location?
Yea

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Sep 6, 2013
City of Rome Resident wrote:
Should we start a petition to ask Wegman's to consider Rome for their next location?
I love Wegmans but they would never come here! This town is dying a slow painful death
state

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Sep 10, 2013
Wegman's will only locate in med. to high income areas
City of Rome Resident

Dover, DE

#6 Sep 10, 2013
Hopefully Wegmans likes 1000's of wellies at the 1st of the monthg...lol...some even have a few teeth...
unbelievable

Potsdam, NY

#7 Sep 10, 2013
Wegman's will never come to Rome - closest we would hope to see one is in New Hartford and THAT will never happen since they have an agreement that states if there is Price Chopper and Hanniford in town they won't move in
Snowman

Hamilton, NY

#8 Sep 10, 2013
They'd laugh at your "petition" bro.
They'd never open a store here.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#9 Sep 10, 2013
What the hell? We have plenty of good grocery stores in Rome already. If you think a brand name store is going to make your life worthwhile, you are a very desperate person. And mistaken.
Try it

Brooklyn, NY

#10 Sep 12, 2013
RegularCrewChief wrote:
What the hell? We have plenty of good grocery stores in Rome already. If you think a brand name store is going to make your life worthwhile, you are a very desperate person. And mistaken.
It's not so much the brand name that people are seeking, it's the quality. I've lived a lot of places other than Rome and frequented a large variety of grocery store chains; Wegman's is one of the top tier that I've seen.

Consider what Rome has right now: Price Chopper (especially the one here) is subpar and the degree to which it fails is quite apparent when compared with other chains. Tops isn't that great, either.
The other option is Walmart, and while their prices are low, they're not a dedicated food store so they suffer in that department. The Rome store will never get a remodel to the newer, more aesthetically pleasing format because their closest competition is in New Hartford, and a large part of their clientele base is either unwilling or unable to travel there for everyday shopping.

I'd love to have a Wegman's or a Publix around, but that will never happen. There are probably only a handful of stores that would be willing to take the risk of building here considering the average income is so low.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#11 Sep 12, 2013
Wow. A connoisseur of grocery stores. Hey, tell us: who has the best carts?
Buy your own food

Santa Barbara, CA

#12 Sep 12, 2013
Wegmans is more than a grocery store. Its a place to see and be seen. My only concern is it would be difficult to buy enough food to justify the number of time per week the average person would go to Wegmans.
Exactly

Dover, DE

#13 Sep 12, 2013
Buy your own food wrote:
Wegmans is more than a grocery store. Its a place to see and be seen. My only concern is it would be difficult to buy enough food to justify the number of time per week the average person would go to Wegmans.
Be seen at a grocery store? Is it like the Red Carpet in Hollywood?
King Richard

Dover, DE

#14 Sep 12, 2013
Botton Line..WEGMANS does NOT want the Rome welfare crowd!
Exactly

Dover, DE

#15 Sep 12, 2013
King Richard wrote:
Botton Line..WEGMANS does NOT want the Rome welfare crowd!
Well, looks like they are not opening up in Rome then.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
smokers 29 min gingersnapboy 4
Turning Stone Promotions 31 min SSQ69 5
Victims are not heros 33 min Bill 13
RFA Football 1 hr I know who 84
"Rager" in Holland Patent 1 hr Delbert 4
Rome Egg Farm 2 hr Delbert 2
What offices got an FBI search in Rome today? 4 hr sheet stain 3
The 2nd amendment needs to go! 6 hr Raged 59

Rome Jobs

More from around the web