House closed for 1year

House closed for 1year

Posted in the Rome Forum

Mary

Hamilton, NY

#1 Jan 10, 2014
Yes: I would like to know how the city closed down a house for one year for nuisance because the cops were called there over 50 times, and now the house is back up and rented 3 months later. I am talking about the house on turin st. next to Byrne Dairy. Who does this owner Know in city hall?
Open now

Holland Patent, NY

#2 Jan 11, 2014
Mary wrote:
Yes: I would like to know how the city closed down a house for one year for nuisance because the cops were called there over 50 times, and now the house is back up and rented 3 months later. I am talking about the house on turin st. next to Byrne Dairy. Who does this owner Know in city hall?
If this information is accurate, and I have no reason to believe it isnt, some ones head should roll! The house cannot legally be occupied without a certificate of occupancy. This certificate is issued by the codes dept.. These folks dont miss a thing. If someone is living there,legal or not, there is a big problem.
neighbor

Hamilton, NY

#3 Jan 12, 2014
114 Turin St. closed down for one year and reopened two months later. How's That?
haaa

Hamilton, NY

#4 Feb 11, 2014
ya and so much for the rights to private property and the constitution. govt has NO right to shut a house down. sounds like...hmmmmm communist govt to me. REVOLUTION!
Cold Warrior

Watertown, NY

#5 Feb 13, 2014
haaa wrote:
ya and so much for the rights to private property and the constitution. govt has NO right to shut a house down. sounds like...hmmmmm communist govt to me. REVOLUTION!
Communists are bad. People who practice communism are bad!!
dont worry about it mary

Whitesboro, NY

#6 Feb 14, 2014
Mary,try worrying about your own backyard,nosey biatch
An Amercan 1

Cortland, NY

#7 Feb 14, 2014
Fact check: the house @ 108-110 Turin Street did indeed have its certificate of occupancy revoked for 1 year. However, the property was subsequently sold to a new owner and the certificate of occupancy was re-established. The concept being that it is better to have an occupied house w/a new and hopefully responsible owner than one that stands empty for 1 year inviting all sorts of issues/problems.
dont worry about it mary

Whitesboro, NY

#8 Feb 14, 2014
see that mary?now maybe you;ll mind your own business.
Karims moms

Rome, NY

#9 Feb 19, 2014
House

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Police pick up truck 33 min baretta1976 29
School board Safin 48 min AGREED 2
Christina rosado snitch (Sep '13) 1 hr kingkiller 5
Christine Rosado (Sep '13) 1 hr kingkiller 6
Bedbugs in Rome 1 hr donna 3
Rome will get the new family court judge so be ... 1 hr Griffith needs to go 2
world series 2 hr Lynn Dickey 2

Rome Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance