Posted in the Rome Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

“An Inquisitive Mind”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#1 Dec 26, 2012
Or is that too politically incorrect now?

Looking around at some of the kids in Rome today, it seems that it isn't a common practice anymore......

Since: May 11

Worcester, MA

#2 Dec 26, 2012
CNYInquisitor wrote:
Or is that too politically incorrect now?
Looking around at some of the kids in Rome today, it seems that it isn't a common practice anymore......
Personally I think it is wrong to spank your child or harm them in any way.. but.. on that note I am willing to guess there are Quite a few adults out there who wouldn't mind being spanked..lol

“An Inquisitive Mind”

Location hidden

#3 Dec 26, 2012
It is not wrong to spank a child..... It is the lack of spanking that has resulted in the lack of respect you see these days. Not too long ago, parents had control of their children. Not anymore.

Since: May 11

Worcester, MA

#4 Dec 26, 2012
CNYInquisitor wrote:
It is not wrong to spank a child..... It is the lack of spanking that has resulted in the lack of respect you see these days. Not too long ago, parents had control of their children. Not anymore.
you can teach a child respect with out spanking them..its the lack of parents paying attention to their children and what they are doing and how they behave that is a result of what you see now days.
colt

Berryville, VA

#5 Dec 26, 2012
Absalutely spank em amd to brunet bomshell u wacky fick harming them its helping them.its called disaplin and respect so I agree with old fashiond butt wooping .

“An Inquisitive Mind”

Location hidden

#6 Dec 26, 2012
Glad to know I'm not the only one colt.
really

Hamilton, NY

#7 Dec 26, 2012
Spanking doesn't work and is usually used when a parent is frustrated and can't control their own emotions. I mean really, you hit a kid to teach them what? I think spanking is stupid and unnecessary. Teach your kids by example, not by fear and hitting.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#8 Dec 26, 2012
The problem is the cops here in Rome. My child did not come home so after repeated calls went unanswered I texted him. I said "text me the address where you are so I can come beat the shit out of you. You are long over due." Officer Stuart Rude informed me that that is child abuse and called child protective on me. Needless to say it was unfounded. How are we supposed to control our teens when we can not even threaten them? It was obvious I have never beat the shit out of him or he wouldn't be giving me such a hard time.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#9 Dec 26, 2012
brunette bombshell wrote:
<quoted text>you can teach a child respect with out spanking them..its the lack of parents paying attention to their children and what they are doing and how they behave that is a result of what you see now days.
WELL, now a days mothers have to work and fathers are either working or not around because they don't care. What is a single mother to do when she has to work and her child is too old for a sitter? I refuse to give up working and stand in the welfare line just so I can control my ungrateful child. Just because the father decided to go through a mid life crises and leave doesn't mean I have to be a non productive member of society. I have worked too long and hard to get where I am today.
munum

Masontown, PA

#10 Dec 26, 2012
youtube.com/watch...
No,never ever considered,you must handle your kids without spanking.

“An Inquisitive Mind”

Location hidden

#11 Dec 26, 2012
The law still allows parents to spank their children. The exact words are that reasonable force may be used to the extent that is reasonably necessary to promote discipline. Basically - no bruises, no cuts, no broken bones - not abuse.

Kids these days are too disrespectful. If I did half the things I see kids doing now, or SAID half the things they do, I would have been in a world of hurt!
cps

Syracuse, NY

#12 Dec 26, 2012
Grumpy68 wrote:
The problem is the cops here in Rome. My child did not come home so after repeated calls went unanswered I texted him. I said "text me the address where you are so I can come beat the shit out of you. You are long over due." Officer Stuart Rude informed me that that is child abuse and called child protective on me. Needless to say it was unfounded. How are we supposed to control our teens when we can not even threaten them? It was obvious I have never beat the shit out of him or he wouldn't be giving me such a hard time.
cps told me themselves it is not illegal to spank your kid. Just can't leave marks. I gave my kids one or two wackos. Never a over your knee spanking so my hand hurts. That's fucked up! You need to just get the point across that you mean business. 95% of the time all I'd have to do is raise my voice just a bit and they knew I was talking. Never ever did I slap their face. When I caught them swearing I made them write I will not swear its degrading my character 50 times. That took longer than soap in the mouth and if I slapped it it would show them violence and the sting would be over with in a minute. If you feel you need to punch a kid slap them in the face or head kick them or more than a swat on the butt you obviously have anger issues and shouldn't be taking it out on someone else.
THE REAL PIZZA SNOB

Hamilton, NY

#13 Dec 26, 2012
Grumpy68 wrote:
<quoted text>WELL, now a days mothers have to work and fathers are either working or not around because they don't care. What is a single mother to do when she has to work and her child is too old for a sitter? I refuse to give up working and stand in the welfare line just so I can control my ungrateful child. Just because the father decided to go through a mid life crises and leave doesn't mean I have to be a non productive member of society. I have worked too long and hard to get where I am today.
i agree with you 100%, spankings work great as long as you arent one of the wackos that take it too far, the problem with america today is we are getting soft and being pushovers thats why kids in america are acting like such dilinquents now days, and rap music and video game shave alot to do with it, for christ sake people go for walks and do outdoor activities with your kids, put your iphones down close your facebook acct. and pay attention to your children, people these days invest money in worthless new cars and other personal belongings when they should be investing in thier utmost priority THE CHILDREN!!!, think of how good of a college you could send your kids to if you used that money for a college acct., my daughter is only four years old and we already have 30,000.oo in her college acct. and that is by far more satisfying to me than driving around a brand new truck every year or wasting it keeping up with the joneses we as parents need to keep our priorities straight.......and i dont blame you one bit for wanting to keep your career in order, tell your kids that its your job that feeds,clothes, and puts a roof over their head and allows you to buy them things and give them holidays, you sound like a good gal
really

Hamilton, NY

#14 Dec 26, 2012
Just because it's "legal" doesn't mean it's right. You sound like pathetic parents looking for justification for raising your hands to your kids. Then you wonder why your kids act like irrational animals. Get some self control and teach your kids to behave appropriately by talking and setting a proper example for them to follow, duh!!!!
joan crawford

United States

#15 Dec 26, 2012
really wrote:
Just because it's "legal" doesn't mean it's right. You sound like pathetic parents looking for justification for raising your hands to your kids. Then you wonder why your kids act like irrational animals. Get some self control and teach your kids to behave appropriately by talking and setting a proper example for them to follow, duh!!!!
You are either a stay-at-home parent or your kids are still too young to give you any real problems. Working parents of school aged children sometimes need to give their kids a little smack on the behind when they get mouthy and out of control. I don't know of any parent who WANTS to spank their child. Frankly, I see kids every day who should have been spanked and probably weren't. They need to rid themselves of their mentalities of entitlement and actions with no consequences. I guarantee that if you go through our schools you'll find that the best behaved children are the ones who've been spanked for bad behavior. The obnoxious, snotty, smart mouth brats are the ones who's parents wouldn't discipline them because they were too afraid to damage their self esteem (or some similar garbage like that).
really

Hamilton, NY

#16 Dec 26, 2012
I am not a stay-at-home parent and my children are grown, so save your BS. I know plenty of working parents, my daughter included, that do not spank their kids. I just never found it necessary to hit my children and I definitely don't think it's a good parenting tool unless you want to teach your children to fear and not trust their parents. You should take a parenting class or something. Why would you hit a child to teach them a lesson of appropriate behavior? Doesn't make much sense to me. Go hit your kids, typical Rome parent, and when you get a typical Rome kid, think about how you can't take back all of those beatings that made him/her that way, meanie!
joan crawford wrote:
<quoted text>
You are either a stay-at-home parent or your kids are still too young to give you any real problems. Working parents of school aged children sometimes need to give their kids a little smack on the behind when they get mouthy and out of control. I don't know of any parent who WANTS to spank their child. Frankly, I see kids every day who should have been spanked and probably weren't. They need to rid themselves of their mentalities of entitlement and actions with no consequences. I guarantee that if you go through our schools you'll find that the best behaved children are the ones who've been spanked for bad behavior. The obnoxious, snotty, smart mouth brats are the ones who's parents wouldn't discipline them because they were too afraid to damage their self esteem (or some similar garbage like that).
4Chek

New York, NY

#17 Dec 26, 2012
CNYInquisitor wrote:
I agree... I can tell you I have had to spank my child 4 times in 13 years. He is a very well mannered child who shows respect to others.
How many times do you think the School shooters @ Columbine, Sandy etc... The list goes on? Had they been spanked and taught to respect before they went on their rampages I'm guessing none, time out doesn't work people. The demise of our society rest in the parents hand
colt

Berryville, VA

#18 Dec 26, 2012
There is clearly a fine line between abuse and disaplin..........

KY WELLER

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#20 Dec 26, 2012
Grumpy68 wrote:
You must have pissed Stewie off! He's a good dude.

KY WELLER

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#21 Dec 26, 2012
CNYInquisitor wrote:
Glad to know I'm not the only one colt.
I do,too. Not needed too often,but it's in the arsenal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What makes a person ugly 26 min Lemmington 4
Another post gone 1 hr NotALocal 2
Heather graham dave beach 1 hr I know 3
Ignorant White people 1 hr Whitebybirth 47
Staley School Lack of shoveling (Mar '15) 1 hr John Favata 24
Alessa hogan 5 hr Nasty 8
Hoes 6 hr Thomas street 5

Rome Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance