who were the known mob families in Ro...
some

Watertown, NY

#21 May 14, 2013
Bonanno
some

Watertown, NY

#22 May 14, 2013
Persico
some

Watertown, NY

#23 May 14, 2013
Lucchese
some

Watertown, NY

#24 May 14, 2013
Badalamenti
East Rome Bean Pickers

Syracuse, NY

#25 May 15, 2013
What about the Capellini Bros, and dont forget the Rigatoni boys.

Goto the Franklin ask for the #14 special, then got to the kitchen knock on the wall next to the cooler with the Chicken Parm in it. The secret door will open Bada Bing Bada Boom...

Oh ya, everyone in Rome who is Italian is in the mob.... In the mob....

Tommy two times
Wise Guy

Cantonment, FL

#26 May 15, 2013
The de Medicis- oh, wait, that was Florence~!
the cleaner

Ardsley, NY

#27 May 15, 2013
All the guys that hang out at club g smasss
Freeze

Hamilton, NY

#28 May 15, 2013
Falcone's for sure...
the ice man

Boston, MA

#29 May 15, 2013
You all need to keep your mouts shut.
Anonymous

Brooklyn, NY

#30 May 15, 2013
All the mob families at one point or another turned to selling drugs for quick cash instead of 'whacking' people who disrespected them.
Neil

Worcester, MA

#31 May 15, 2013
Gulandis from south rome.
Greasy

Ardsley, NY

#32 May 15, 2013
There was never any real mafia here- just a bunch of petty criminals who liked to posture like they were the real deal. Here's the test: anyone ever chain a guy to a radiator and cut him into pieces with a chain saw alive like John Gotti? If the answer is no then you're just a nobody.
Wise Guy

Cantonment, FL

#33 May 15, 2013
So, if you answer "Yes", you're a SOMEbody? A real live subhuman criminally-psychotic sociopath that should have been put to sleep by its parents when it was obvious what they REALLY had on their hands?
Greasy wrote:
There was never any real mafia here- just a bunch of petty criminals who liked to posture like they were the real deal. Here's the test: anyone ever chain a guy to a radiator and cut him into pieces with a chain saw alive like John Gotti? If the answer is no then you're just a nobody.
Well, good luck with all THAT.
Me jus me

United States

#34 May 15, 2013
How about the Banana king and the Sand Plains story.

Also The Black Hand. People who crossed them received a signature mark on their face.

Of course they were here, but Utica was the hub. The OD exposed much in the 50's.
capo do capo

Norfolk, VA

#35 May 15, 2013
Rome was one of the few cities with a powerful female mafia. Very violent but they were able to hide their deeds. Names like Cosplettiglio, manaifughite, broventolionellio, etc. These women were tough and ran Rome with an iron fist. Wasn't til the purge of 1987 that these families were sent on their way.
the cleanner

Brooklyn, NY

#37 May 15, 2013
the gay gallionos club watch out for those guys down there.. ayyy u got a cigar its right here ight
Pants High To The Sky

Syracuse, NY

#38 May 15, 2013
u somuna beech'in ah bastages. u no good dirty rots!

Anyone got some good old Italian Quotes? Like this one?
And the ANSWER IS________

Cantonment, FL

#39 May 15, 2013
Your Momma.
Pants High To The Sky wrote:
u somuna beech'in ah bastages. u no good dirty rots!
Anyone got some good old Italian Quotes? Like this one?
Greasy

Utica, NY

#40 May 15, 2013
Wise Guy wrote:
So, if you answer "Yes", you're a SOMEbody? A real live subhuman criminally-psychotic sociopath that should have been put to sleep by its parents when it was obvious what they REALLY had on their hands?<quoted text>Well, good luck with all THAT.
Mafioso are career criminals and murders; its not cute stuff. If you haven't done something psychotic or actually killed somebody you're probably not actually in the mafia. All these guidos posture like there is or ever was a mob here. It's all just braggadocio. My point is that it's all foolish.
Culture

Syracuse, NY

#41 May 15, 2013
30 years ago and more though it was different environment. There was more of an Italian Culture here. Now this generation of Italians have lost what the previous generations grasped as their identity as a culture. You might be getting confused on a Italian Mobster Lifestyle and a cultural bravado. Both went hand in hand, unless you were actually a gangster. Towards the 80's it was easier to pitch the fake attitude as a possible gangster and I think thats where the fine line became grey. Before that people knew the difference in this town of who was who and who was full of hot air. Which were most likely few. The hot air ones. I dont think they tolerated that much then. You might of had your hang arounds but Im pretty sure that was as far as that relationship went. If you didnt have the gusto for that stuff, they knew that. Hang arounds were sent to get the sandwiches etc.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Water pressure 14 min Owner 1
billie ho ho ho 26 min May 14
What Happened to the Steven/Tabatha Thread? 2 hr Hmm 4
Kyle M 4 hr justcheckin 3
Woman abusing twins liberty gardens 5 hr Just curious 8
Taberg couple facing drug charges following yea... 5 hr No bo 13
RipOff 5 hr Socrates 1
Izzo corupt ??? 23 hr Ting Tang 25

Rome Jobs

More from around the web