The Arab Sunoco on e Dominick

Posted in the Rome Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Ripped off

Ithaca, NY

#1 Aug 3, 2013
Watch ur change in that place they don't like to give correct change. They pocket the money afta every shift
Agree

Middletown, CT

#2 Aug 3, 2013
Ripped off wrote:
Watch ur change in that place they don't like to give correct change. They pocket the money afta every shift
Why are they charging tax on milk and bread? They alsi dont take Debit(bank) card or credit card for a purchase less then $5.00
Free THIS

Yorkville, NY

#3 Aug 4, 2013
Agree wrote:
<quoted text>Why are they charging tax on milk and bread? They alsi dont take Debit(bank) card or credit card for a purchase less then $5.00
pay CASH for a 1.00 pack of gum! You cant use your wellie card for everything!
Hey

Rome, NY

#4 Aug 4, 2013
They are nice people. U dont like it, go elsewhere u scumbag loser.
Joanne

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Aug 4, 2013
They are not Arab.
Christian

Durhamville, NY

#6 Aug 4, 2013
They are from India
How about this

Farmington, CT

#7 Aug 4, 2013
Free THIS wrote:
<quoted text>pay CASH for a 1.00 pack of gum! You cant use your wellie card for everything!
Most employers pay by direct deposit! So when I end a 16hr shift because some dirt bag attention seeker tried to commit suicide for the 3rd time and failed, I at times don't have cash on me!!
no good

Utica, NY

#8 Aug 4, 2013
they should go back to india
liberty sun

Ashburn, VA

#9 Aug 4, 2013
I went there one time to get gas and I pulled up to the pump and there was a hand written note on the pump. It said, "No credit cards dis pump". lol. They are decent people. But you do have to watch your change.
IBrake4Donuts

Utica, NY

#10 Aug 4, 2013
they do nickel and dime you. its a fact. funny, every other Injun gas station uses the pennies from the tray if its a few cents. this station always short changed me when I paid in cash. the old guy with the turban is famous for it. sonnys not too bad.
How about this

Syracuse, NY

#11 Aug 4, 2013
How about this wrote:
<quoted text>Most employers pay by direct deposit! So when I end a 16hr shift because some dirt bag attention seeker tried to commit suicide for the 3rd time and failed, I at times don't have cash on me!!
Hey MORON! you canuse your credit card for less than $5 dollars, you willbe charged a fee!~carry MONEY like the big boys do!
TopicsTroll

Utica, NY

#13 Aug 4, 2013
you CAN use ur credit card for any amount. there's no fee (for u anyway). less than $5 is this store's policy, they have to pay a %fee for every cc use. apparently this store doesn't make enough to cover the difference, especially if they're stealing change. I use a cc for coffee all the time elsewhere. what moron wants to walk around with an assload of change in their pockets? I'm assuming the people defending this policy are the same idiots that bring their penny jars to walmart to buy groceries.
be honest

Utica, NY

#15 Aug 5, 2013
he keeps the cash under his turban
walmart wellies

Dover, DE

#16 Aug 5, 2013
TopicsTroll wrote:
you CAN use ur credit card for any amount. there's no fee (for u anyway). less than $5 is this store's policy, they have to pay a %fee for every cc use. apparently this store doesn't make enough to cover the difference, especially if they're stealing change. I use a cc for coffee all the time elsewhere. what moron wants to walk around with an assload of change in their pockets? I'm assuming the people defending this policy are the same idiots that bring their penny jars to walmart to buy groceries.
they are called 20 DOLLAR BILLS! but you have to WORK to get them!you CAN use you cc for 10 cents if you want(gotta be a real moron to buy a coffee with a cc)but they will CHAGE you a FEE!
truth

Hartford, CT

#17 Aug 5, 2013
U do not get charged a fee for using your cc you get charged a fee if you use as debit not credit
Ugh

New York, NY

#18 Aug 5, 2013
When I went to that gas station last winter I was so pissed! I just got done working a double, it was about 2:30 am and I went in to grab some milk. He commented on my belly as I was starting to REALLY show that I was 8 months pregnant and I came outside and I was STUCK! So I went back in and told the man and alls he said was oh! Like im going to leave my car or something!!! So I asked if I could use his shovel since he obviously wasn't going to help me and he was so untrustworthy after I stopped in there quite often late nights after work. He hesitated and after begging him he finally did but he came outside to watch me so I could lift all this heavy snow that blocked his entrance to the store! Mind you a cop pulled in there saw me stuck (in the entrance I was scared my car was gonna get smashed) and watched me also.IDK I just feel that the way those men just watched me shovel all this snow with my big pregnant belly that wasn't really my responsibility was so rude since the sad part about it is I would try to help a lady in my situation and I am a lady!
people man.,.!
huntz hall

Rome, NY

#19 Aug 5, 2013
I haven't been in this store since 2005 when the towel heads took over. I've heard many stories how these terrorists try to nickel & dime every customer. Now maybe you dumb romans will boycott these "alihu akabar" loons and shop elsewhere!!
hey goofy

Dover, DE

#20 Aug 5, 2013
Ugh wrote:
When I went to that gas station last winter I was so pissed! I just got done working a double, it was about 2:30 am and I went in to grab some milk. He commented on my belly as I was starting to REALLY show that I was 8 months pregnant and I came outside and I was STUCK! So I went back in and told the man and alls he said was oh! Like im going to leave my car or something!!! So I asked if I could use his shovel since he obviously wasn't going to help me and he was so untrustworthy after I stopped in there quite often late nights after work. He hesitated and after begging him he finally did but he came outside to watch me so I could lift all this heavy snow that blocked his entrance to the store! Mind you a cop pulled in there saw me stuck (in the entrance I was scared my car was gonna get smashed) and watched me also.IDK I just feel that the way those men just watched me shovel all this snow with my big pregnant belly that wasn't really my responsibility was so rude since the sad part about it is I would try to help a lady in my situation and I am a lady!
people man.,.!
Maybe you should haved called AAA or your baby's daddy(if he wasn't in jail)...lol...
I like the ppl

Brooklyn, NY

#21 Aug 5, 2013
First off I want to start by saying that I have only ever had one sort of bad experience at this gas station. I prepaid for gas in cash and walked out with no receipt like always. Upon leaving the parking lot with my gas one of the younger guys flagged me down and accused me of leaving without paying. Had him go get the guy that I paid directly and all was well.

They are no different than any other gas station in my opinion and honestly I appreciate them coming to our country and actually working for their money as opposed to the people that are from this country that have never held a job in their life.

Anyway moral of what im saying is that I like that gas station, its easy to stop there on my way out of Rome and I have always been treated well there (aside from the incident above, but that was 50% my fault).

PS: Credit Card Minimums are not allowed per the terms and conditions of most (I actually believe its ALL, but I will say most to leave room for error) merchant account agreements. If visa or mastercard found out they were doing minimums they would most likely be fined the first time and then would have their ability to accept cards revoked for subsequent offenses. So many local merchants use things like this to try and save themselves processing fees but its technically not allowed.
really

Dover, DE

#22 Aug 5, 2013
I like the ppl wrote:
First off I want to start by saying that I have only ever had one sort of bad experience at this gas station. I prepaid for gas in cash and walked out with no receipt like always. Upon leaving the parking lot with my gas one of the younger guys flagged me down and accused me of leaving without paying. Had him go get the guy that I paid directly and all was well.
They are no different than any other gas station in my opinion and honestly I appreciate them coming to our country and actually working for their money as opposed to the people that are from this country that have never held a job in their life.
Anyway moral of what im saying is that I like that gas station, its easy to stop there on my way out of Rome and I have always been treated well there (aside from the incident above, but that was 50% my fault).
PS: Credit Card Minimums are not allowed per the terms and conditions of most (I actually believe its ALL, but I will say most to leave room for error) merchant account agreements. If visa or mastercard found out they were doing minimums they would most likely be fined the first time and then would have their ability to accept cards revoked for subsequent offenses. So many local merchants use things like this to try and save themselves processing fees but its technically not allowed.
You people that need to use a cc for 1.25 are a JOKE! Stop bitching if they charge you a FEE for anything purchase under $5.00. Carry MONEY with you !!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hatchetmen mc 3 min One percenter 10
Devon Daprix 16 min Lol 12
Party with Joe Griffo, $750.00 21 min BEANS BURRITO 4
John powers 22 min BEANS BURRITO 11
Pregnant homewrecker 22 min BEANS BURRITO 5
Family Court Judge Julia Brouillette (Apr '16) 23 min BEANS BURRITO 21
Help me out here 24 min BEANS BURRITO 4

Rome Jobs

Personal Finance

Rome Mortgages