First Prev
of 2
Next Last
lol

Rome, NY

#21 Mar 28, 2013
I'd bet their reasoning for not notifying people, is they worry if they do that and parents tell their kids its going to happen, they'll not bring drugs...or get rid of the drugs while inside school before the cops arrive. I would think though, once its started they'd immediately notify parents, after all, cant get rid of drugs then its a lockdown.
lockdown

New York, NY

#22 Mar 28, 2013
I didn't say i believed it. i just saying what i heard that is all but paper explained it all. sry if i upset you hello again
LOL

Brooklyn, NY

#23 Mar 28, 2013
They have these searches all the time. they started when i was a senior 2 years ago. They do it every once in awhile when kids get a little carried away and bring there stuff to school. stupid kids..
Hello Again

Clinton, NY

#24 Mar 28, 2013
lockdown wrote:
I didn't say i believed it. i just saying what i heard that is all but paper explained it all. sry if i upset you hello again
Sorry I didn't mean to sound so snippy. lol You didn't upset me. I just do not believe half the crap they say. Like the story in last night's paper. The police chief seemed to be defending the whole thing way too much. Then to say they searched ALL lockers and came up empty. RIGHT! That is like saying there are no drugs in that school. I can not possibly believe that one. Why did the math wing smell of pot? Did word get out so the stoners all lite up and smoked the evidence? lmao
Rome is a joke

Pittsfield, MA

#25 Mar 28, 2013
They should send that district wide phone call that we get for every other reason except the important ones. They call your phone at 11pm to tell you that a teacher is gonna be absent, i know im exaggerating but close enough. I understand they may not want to let the kids know right away so they can't go dispose of it but these dys with all these shootings parents worry.
DFAS WORKER

Tully, NY

#26 Mar 29, 2013
Hello Again wrote:
I said in my original post that my son said it. No I am not a teacher. I was a bit concerned with how my 14 year old knows what pot smells like. He said "I am not retarded. You walk in any boys bathroom and you can smell it". Thank God I have never smelled it on him. One of his first texts to me this morning said probably has to do with math wing smelling of pot. I thought no they wouldn't do a lock down and have that many cops outside for pot. I guess I was wrong. They should have announced why they were having the lock down. I don't care what he says. I can tell by his face book posts at the time that he WAS scared. Call it knowing your kid. Thank God he was facebooking with a relative in their 20s. His advice was...dodge duck dip dive dodge ....remember that if u hear loud noises
You must reall be a moron!a 3 year old knows what pots smells like! he is in HIGH SCHOOL! Most of the school does drugs & carries a weapon! Get rid of the prision scum & RFA will be a nice school again!
PSSSSShhhhhhh

Tully, NY

#27 Mar 29, 2013
I am the gay mayor of Rome!
Went there

Danielson, CT

#28 Mar 29, 2013
RFA has always at the end of march negating of April had random drug searches by the dogs being trained by the county. It's a known fact to anyone who has gone to that school. If you think you child's innocent your the one doing drugs. Kids in elementary school know what pot smells like Rome sucks nothing's a shock anymore
Hello Again

Clinton, NY

#29 Mar 29, 2013
Maybe I am just old or the fact that my sense of smell has never been good,but I didn't know what pot smelled like until someone told me when I was in my 20s. They commented about someone smelling of pot and said it was a sweet smell. IDK,I have never been able to smell people's BO either even when other people say they reek.
Hunter R

Rome, NY

#30 Mar 29, 2013
Seriously, you dumbasses are getting this worked up over it? Were you born retarded or something? Its a DRUG SEARCH, big whoop. Every highschool in America has students who do some sort of drugs, and some of those dumbasses bring that stuff to school with them. Honestly, I just wish the tards that do chew would get suspended, expelled, or even arrested for being underage/doing it on school property. Seriously, how difficult is it to keep it at home, dumbass addicts.
Hello Again

Clinton, NY

#31 Mar 29, 2013
No one was getting worked up over the drug search. It was the fact that they had a lock down drill at the same time. Honestly,what were these kids supposed to think? A lock down then they see cops and dogs all outside. I as an adult felt sick to my stomach when I told my son he was safe if the cops were there and he said they were still outside. I instantly thought ACTIVE SHOOTER! I didn't tell him that though.
Hunter R

Rome, NY

#32 Mar 29, 2013
How else do you expect them to have a drug search? And if they told them beforehand, then everyone would have kept everything at home. There really wasn't any other way for the police to do the search, but I'm glad they did.
Don

Verona, NY

#33 Mar 30, 2013
Hello Again wrote:
No one was getting worked up over the drug search. It was the fact that they had a lock down drill at the same time. Honestly,what were these kids supposed to think? A lock down then they see cops and dogs all outside. I as an adult felt sick to my stomach when I told my son he was safe if the cops were there and he said they were still outside. I instantly thought ACTIVE SHOOTER! I didn't tell him that though.
YOU are a REAL MORON! I hope your son is smarter than you, but then again if he is in 2nd grade he should be!
Don

Verona, NY

#34 Mar 30, 2013
Hello Again wrote:
Maybe I am just old or the fact that my sense of smell has never been good,but I didn't know what pot smelled like until someone told me when I was in my 20s. They commented about someone smelling of pot and said it was a sweet smell. IDK,I have never been able to smell people's BO either even when other people say they reek.
WHAT a MORON you ARE!
Hello Again

Clinton, NY

#35 Mar 30, 2013
Hunter R wrote:
How else do you expect them to have a drug search? And if they told them beforehand, then everyone would have kept everything at home. There really wasn't any other way for the police to do the search, but I'm glad they did.
I am glad they did the search too. I do not believe the paper that they turned up nothing. I just think they could have had the lock down but announced right away that it was a drug search. Once the lock down started the kids who did have drugs couldn't get ride of them. That is just my thought. Let them know WHY the lock down is happening so that they are not worried.
THATS WHY

Rome, NY

#36 Mar 31, 2013
BECAUSE TEENS ARE ANIMALS NOWADAYS
the truth

New York, NY

#37 Apr 4, 2013
you dont know wrote:
<quoted text>
if the sros knew that for fact, the student would be arrested. not wait til next day
They didn't know the student who brought it
Francis

Brooklyn, NY

#38 Apr 4, 2013
the facts: least 8 Kids were indeed arrested for drugs, they were immediately expelled from school and ordered to house arrest with ankle bracelets. I know this for a fact! I believe that some of them will be forced to attend "Scared Staight" Programing and attend special classes a couple of hours per day, as well as counseling.
I don't believe that any of the parents of these children involved did NOT know their child was participatng in this activity.
Parents should be so ashamed buit then what type of households are these kids coming from anyhow?
I am glad they ran the lockdown!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Isnt Human Life Sacred? 5 min Ahad 1 God 1
Another Incident at Lupia's 6 min Truth 18
Does your religion not make sense to u? 55 min Never Swaying 6
Oneida County Office of Aging Covers Up Fraud 1 hr R u for real 2
Perfect work of Architecture 1 hr NotALocal 2
Tortoise for sale 1 hr Morried 1
jethros choices 2 hr survival required 1
Caitlin white is guilty 5 hr attention deprived 23
The back nine restaurant & sports bar 5 hr enter username 128
Rome Dating