why was rfa on a lockdown this morning?

Posted in the Rome Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wondering

Saranac Lake, NY

#1 Mar 27, 2013
Does anyone know why? Heard they brought in a police dog.
Worried

Hamilton, NY

#2 Mar 27, 2013
It was a drug sniffing dog. Checking the lockers for drugs.
Hello Again

Rome, NY

#3 Mar 27, 2013
My son was texting me the whole time. They didn't know why until it was over but he suspected it had something to do with the math wing smelling of pot. From his class they could see the police cars and he saw 5 dogs. I was worried because he said the police were outside not yet inside. Then the principal announced that it was a drug search when it was all over. He heard that 8 kids got busted and 3 were for carrying knives. I do not know how true that part is. I was nervous but he kept texting "This is awesome". After a little while they were allowed to return to their seats and talk and the teacher told them to message their parents. They were still in locked rooms though.
joe

Saranac Lake, NY

#4 Mar 27, 2013
Hello Again wrote:
My son was texting me the whole time. They didn't know why until it was over but he suspected it had something to do with the math wing smelling of pot. From his class they could see the police cars and he saw 5 dogs. I was worried because he said the police were outside not yet inside. Then the principal announced that it was a drug search when it was all over. He heard that 8 kids got busted and 3 were for carrying knives. I do not know how true that part is. I was nervous but he kept texting "This is awesome". After a little while they were allowed to return to their seats and talk and the teacher told them to message their parents. They were still in locked rooms though.
3/4 of the school is smoking pot from what I hear. Does he know who got busted?
Hello Again

Rome, NY

#5 Mar 27, 2013
joe wrote:
<quoted text>3/4 of the school is smoking pot from what I hear. Does he know who got busted?
That is what I hear too. Maybe not 3/4 but a lot of them. I personally think it was an over reactive way to go about it. I was scared imagine what some of these kids were thinking. I am sure not all of them were thinking how "awesome" it was. Not all of them are desensitized by video games and such. He didn't give any names. I don't know that I would want to post them on here anyway. They are all somebodies children. I am sure their parents are ashamed already. I am sure someone will post them but that is my feelings on it.
you dont know

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Mar 27, 2013
shows how much you know. the kids don't smoke pot they eat it. they put it in the food they eat.
really

Saranac Lake, NY

#7 Mar 27, 2013
you dont know wrote:
shows how much you know. the kids don't smoke pot they eat it. they put it in the food they eat.
Maybe they're eating it but they're DEFINTELY smoking it. Trust me I know first hand.
Hello Again

Rome, NY

#8 Mar 27, 2013
you dont know wrote:
Then why did the hall smell so bad of it? Did they eat it and then their farts smelled of it? lmao
you dont know

Brooklyn, NY

#9 Mar 27, 2013
Hello Again wrote:
<quoted text>Then why did the hall smell so bad of it? Did they eat it and then their farts smelled of it? lmao
how do you know that the hallway smell so bad of it? you a teacher?
the truth

Brooklyn, NY

#10 Mar 27, 2013
okay i'm a junior at rfa it was because some student yesterday brought cocaine to school and the Sros found out about that why we had the lock down and yes students did get caught with drugs
you dont know

Brooklyn, NY

#11 Mar 27, 2013
the truth wrote:
okay i'm a junior at rfa it was because some student yesterday brought cocaine to school and the Sros found out about that why we had the lock down and yes students did get caught with drugs
if the sros knew that for fact, the student would be arrested. not wait til next day
senior

Saranac Lake, NY

#12 Mar 27, 2013
the truth wrote:
I heard there was supposed to be some drug exchange with RFA & Whitesboro kids and police caught word of it.(Just what I heard from a student). However,as a parent of a child at RFA, Mr. Simons should have posted something about the situation by website, a letter, or a phone call home so parents wouldn't have to speculate on what happened.
Hello Again

Rome, NY

#13 Mar 27, 2013
I said in my original post that my son said it. No I am not a teacher. I was a bit concerned with how my 14 year old knows what pot smells like. He said "I am not retarded. You walk in any boys bathroom and you can smell it". Thank God I have never smelled it on him. One of his first texts to me this morning said probably has to do with math wing smelling of pot. I thought no they wouldn't do a lock down and have that many cops outside for pot. I guess I was wrong. They should have announced why they were having the lock down. I don't care what he says. I can tell by his face book posts at the time that he WAS scared. Call it knowing your kid. Thank God he was facebooking with a relative in their 20s. His advice was...dodge duck dip dive dodge ....remember that if u hear loud noises
parent

Saranac Lake, NY

#14 Mar 27, 2013
Hello Again wrote:
I said in my original post that my son said it. No I am not a teacher. I was a bit concerned with how my 14 year old knows what pot smells like. He said "I am not retarded. You walk in any boys bathroom and you can smell it". Thank God I have never smelled it on him. One of his first texts to me this morning said probably has to do with math wing smelling of pot. I thought no they wouldn't do a lock down and have that many cops outside for pot. I guess I was wrong. They should have announced why they were having the lock down. I don't care what he says. I can tell by his face book posts at the time that he WAS scared. Call it knowing your kid. Thank God he was facebooking with a relative in their 20s. His advice was...dodge duck dip dive dodge ....remember that if u hear loud noises
I agree with you about they should know why there is a lockdown. I know teachers in the district that said after the shootings in Connecticut. Rome schools had to go over their own procedures. One of the procedures as a lockdown is teachers & students won't know why there is a lockdown and they should treat every lockdown the same. I'm sorry but I don't agree with this. Everyone should know if their life is in jeopordy or if its a random drug check...you would definitely react differently!
fyi

Cortland, NY

#15 Mar 27, 2013
Hello Again wrote:
Man ,i too am a parent n a grand parent.You sound so closed minded so for behind the times.I think you have blinders on too.The numbers of ppl/kids of ALL ages are staggering that are doing pot and thats the very least of your problems and theirs.Open your eyes and tune in to reality-it will shock you! No i do not do drugs and neither do my children (now grown) but those that you think dont may fool you as they grow up and mix with their peers-no one is safe from the drugs or crimes of the world no matter how much you try to protect your children-good luck there.-
Hello Again

Rome, NY

#16 Mar 27, 2013
fyi wrote:
<quoted text>Man ,i too am a parent n a grand parent.You sound so closed minded so for behind the times.I think you have blinders on too.The numbers of ppl/kids of ALL ages are staggering that are doing pot and thats the very least of your problems and theirs.Open your eyes and tune in to reality-it will shock you! No i do not do drugs and neither do my children (now grown) but those that you think dont may fool you as they grow up and mix with their peers-no one is safe from the drugs or crimes of the world no matter how much you try to protect your children-good luck there.-
He is 14. I would not want him smoking cigarets either. Especially since we had someone close to us and die of lung cancer in his 50's.
Hello Again

Rome, NY

#17 Mar 27, 2013
parent wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with you about they should know why there is a lockdown. I know teachers in the district that said after the shootings in Connecticut. Rome schools had to go over their own procedures. One of the procedures as a lockdown is teachers & students won't know why there is a lockdown and they should treat every lockdown the same. I'm sorry but I don't agree with this. Everyone should know if their life is in jeopordy or if its a random drug check...you would definitely react differently!
The students were not even quiet. They were looking out the windows and talking as the teacher sat at her desk. Security guy phil had to let himself in and yell at them. They all got nervous when the door handle started jiggling. If they have lock downs for stupid reasons no one is ever going to take them seriously.
lockdown

Brooklyn, NY

#18 Mar 27, 2013
I actually heard it was just a test I mean otherwise you would think if something was going on the news would have been interested just like the previous lockdowns in utica and illion but that is what I heard.
Hello Again

Sherburne, NY

#19 Mar 28, 2013
I seriously doubt that they would waste all those resources for a test. If you want to believe that then good for you. All three law enforcement agencies were there. After security Phil came into my child's class he told them they could go back to their seats and that it was just a drug raid.
Yankee

Brooklyn, NY

#20 Mar 28, 2013
Hello Again wrote:
ONLY 8? And ONLY 3?

The place looks like a minimun security prison for a reason. Maybe it's time to start pricing high fencing and razor wire.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Heather graham dave beach 22 min She_Good_4_u 3
Again Peter Blake 45 min TeachersAid 13
Nikki Bennett Shane miller 1 hr None given 2
Rome humane society (Oct '16) 1 hr curious 22
Rome homewreckers 1 hr Detective 2
"accusations" 2 hr bottom Line 17
Plow Truck Whiners 2 hr bottom Line 9

Rome Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance