5 Miss. women named to black women's hall of fame

Apr 20, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Sunherald.com

INDIANOLA, Miss. -- Five Mississippi women, including Mae Bertha Carter of Drew who led the fight to desegregate the Drew School District, will be inducted into the Southern Rural Black Women's Hall of Fame on Saturday.

Comments
1 - 13 of 13 Comments Last updated Jan 15, 2013
im sueing

Madison, MS

#1 Apr 25, 2012
I wanna file me a law suit..this is discrimination against white people! Where is our freaking hall of fame dedicated to ONLY whites...can I get a lawyer and get rich?
The Rogue

Olive Branch, MS

#2 Apr 25, 2012
Just shows you that some people have a very poor sense of value. Give 'em some KFC and bottled beer. They'll put the chicken bones through their noses and the beer caps in their ear lobes as they scr_w away making more no-daddy-brats.
Jyo1983

Kansas City, MO

#3 May 1, 2012
The Rogue wrote:
Just shows you that some people have a very poor sense of value. Give 'em some KFC and bottled beer. They'll put the chicken bones through their noses and the beer caps in their ear lobes as they scr_w away making more no-daddy-brats.
DON'T YOU HAVE SOME HOLES TO GO CUT OUT OF YOUR WHITE SHEET SET AT HOME??? RACISM IN ITS FINEST!
The Rogue

Olive Branch, MS

#4 May 1, 2012
Jyo1983 wrote:
<quoted text>
DON'T YOU HAVE SOME HOLES TO GO CUT OUT OF YOUR WHITE SHEET SET AT HOME??? RACISM IN ITS FINEST!
No,...to answer your useless question and thank you for the erroneous statement. Just what would you do, just what would the world do if that "R" word had not been invented? My,...oh my!
Vince

Hawkesbury, Canada

#5 May 4, 2012
The Rogue wrote:
<quoted text>
No,...to answer your useless question and thank you for the erroneous statement. Just what would you do, just what would the world do if that "R" word had not been invented? My,...oh my!
So let me get this clarified. It's ok to have a club or group or organization that allows only black participants, members and honorees? But it's forbidden for white folks to have a club or group or organization that allows only white participants, members and honorees? That seems really unfair. And if you complain about it, you're told that you are a racist. That sounds like racism to me!
The Rogue

Olive Branch, MS

#6 May 4, 2012
Vince wrote:
<quoted text>So let me get this clarified. That sounds like racism to me!
Hey Vince, you now have a good, clear picture of the current status of civilization in this country., No love lost and we don't do backs! The ACLU should be wiped off the map and all its employees.
Vince

Cornwall, Canada

#7 May 6, 2012
Most democratic countries around the world look to the U.S. as a shining example of a nation that embraces the concept of equal rights for "all" in itís legal foundation. Also, it's ironic that one of the honorees is being inducted because of her work in desegregating a school district. Wouldnít she be insulted if she found out that she was being inducted into a segregated hall of fame?
vomit

Canton, MS

#8 Jul 3, 2012
If they feel pride in getting head of a group just cause theyre black let them look like wothless foolish wastes..thats how they want it anyways..they love being nothings!..guess they know what theyre best at..only doing what they know best and teaching the offspring how to live without standards for themselves!
FWIW

Tupelo, MS

#9 Jul 3, 2012
These bigots are so clueless. The rest of the world pities them and laughs at their stupidity but they don't get it.
The Rogue

Olive Branch, MS

#10 Jul 3, 2012
B I G O T =....be one to know one!
Mac

Chandler, AZ

#11 Jul 5, 2012
vomit wrote:
If they feel pride in getting head of a group just cause theyre black let them look like wothless foolish wastes..thats how they want it anyways..they love being nothings!..guess they know what theyre best at..only doing what they know best and teaching the offspring how to live without standards for themselves!
The KKK is a white only club and you guys hold rallies on the courthouse steps to demonstrate hatred against every other race. THAT'S discrimination my friend. If this particular hall of fame was for everyone, would the committee allow her to be inducted? I am completely against anything that's segregated. Yes, I'm black. I'm not worthless waste. I'm from Indianola MS. I fight to protect the freedom of people like you who feel as if they're supreme to everyone else in the world. And I do it while flying a 30,000,000 dollar aircraft. So, before you start running off at the mouth calling people worthless, ask yourself this, what have I done for this country?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#12 Dec 10, 2012
Mac wrote:
<quoted text>
The KKK is a white only club and you guys hold rallies on the courthouse steps to demonstrate hatred against every other race. THAT'S discrimination my friend. If this particular hall of fame was for everyone, would the committee allow her to be inducted? I am completely against anything that's segregated. Yes, I'm black. I'm not worthless waste. I'm from Indianola MS. I fight to protect the freedom of people like you who feel as if they're supreme to everyone else in the world. And I do it while flying a 30,000,000 dollar aircraft. So, before you start running off at the mouth calling people worthless, ask yourself this, what have I done for this country?
You guys? Learn to read my friend. The poster isnít even an American. He probably doesnít even know what KKK means. Paranoia is a dreadful mental affliction and when you combine it with hallucinations of grandeur, like piloting a $30,000.000 aircraft, youíre looking at a need for serious psychiatric intervention. The closest youíve ever been to a $30,000,000 jet, is when you let the passengers out of your 15 year old taxi at the airport. You whiners who don't know how to make a serious reply to a valid question always resort to telling your opponent how well educated you are or how important your job is or how long youíve been a member of mensa.
And why wouldnít this woman be inducted into a hall of fame thatís for everyone? Are you implying her contributions to society were not sufficiently worthy to earn her admission to a desegregated hall of fame? After all, she was a major player in the very important area of desegregation. Open your eyes! It is the pinnacle of hypocrisy to elect a person who has fought her entire life for desegregation to recognize her achievement by honoring her in a segregated hall of fame. Even a self hyperbolizer such as you should be able to see the irony.
And donít try to play the race card. We elected a black president for the second time in November. If America is the racist backwater you claim it is, then how did a country with an electorate thatís only 12% black wind up with a black president?
The Rogue

Olive Branch, MS

#13 Jan 15, 2013
Hapmor wrote:
<quoted text> a person who has fought her entire life for desegregation to recognize her achievement by honoring her in a segregated hall of fame......, then how did a country with an electorate thatís only 12% black wind up with a black president?
Having to do with the first statement, reckon we could get a statue (or at least a picture) of Nathan Bedford Forrest in this museum or fall of fame? "NO !!!", I didn't think so.

To answer your question, because Nobama is so very good at wrapping the blindfold over so many people's eyes and promising everything as in his first term and delivered next to nothing. Plus the fact that maybe he was the lesser of the two evils. There was not much else to vote for at the time.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MS Mississippi judge jails attorney for not reciti... (Oct '10) Aug 25 fyi Jackson Missi... 1,986
Dusty Williams Jul '14 malx 1
Manhunt rumors haunt Miss. town with troubled past (Sep '09) May '14 Derrick 2
Who do you support for U.S. House in Mississipp... (Oct '10) Dec '13 Taylor 56
Mississippi police chief pleads not guilty to c... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Mrz BlackJack 2
Controversy looms over Drew election (Jul '13) Nov '13 white girl 2
Chick-Fil-A and speaking the truth in love (Aug '12) Aug '12 Blank 1
•••
•••
•••

Rome Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Rome People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE