Closing of deal for Publix site just days away

Feb 23, 2012 Full story: Rome News 19

Publix has expressed interest in opening a 54,000-square-foot grocery store as part of Madison Retail's planned development on Northwest Georgia Housing Authority property on Turner McCall Boulevard across from Floyd Medical Center.

Full Story
Really

Rockmart, GA

#1 Feb 23, 2012
There's been a sign up in that spot for way over a year indicating a Publix is coming?????
PolkCountyGirl

Athens, GA

#2 Mar 16, 2012
That will be wonderful! Just an FYI the pharmacy at Publix has a list of free antibiotics!! preventative medician! You can check their website for the list!
Mom04

Rome, GA

#3 Mar 24, 2012
I just hope if they are open 24 hours that means if you go into the store at 11:30 PM everything is ran the way it did at 6pm! If a person can only shop later, they still want to have a regular register open! Doing a self check out after working all day, bagging your own groceries ect... there is something wrong with that picture to me especially when most of us spend over $100 each trip.....I hope Publix will always have a register running at least until 12AM....cant wait!
Dallas

Rockmart, GA

#5 Mar 25, 2012
Why do we want to go to Rome for a Publix when there is one via a 4 lane (not the long 2 lane road to Rome)then just a little ways down Hwy. 61. Also a new Food Lion on 61.
Rome

Rome, GA

#6 Apr 5, 2012
@dallas, uh have you thought that maybe the people that live in Rome would want to go to Publix, in rome?
point

Bellevue, WA

#7 Apr 5, 2012
Rome wrote:
@dallas, uh have you thought that maybe the people that live in Rome would want to go to Publix, in rome?
well THIS is the ROCKMART forum. i wont be looking to go to rome but appreciate the heads up on the 2 stores not far from yorkville.
trafficjam

Cedartown, GA

#8 Apr 13, 2012
UmmmPoint, I hate to tell you but you are on the ROME forum!
Wisdom
#9 Aug 17, 2012
The more jobs, the better. Students at Geogia Highlands college need more options for careers. Publix will be great
resident

Kennesaw, GA

#10 Aug 18, 2012
trafficjam wrote:
If that's true, then WHY does it say "Rockmart Forum" on my screen?????????
Michelle

Carrollton, GA

#11 Aug 18, 2012
When are people going to realize that the forums overlap? I am on the Temple forum.
Tina

United States

#12 Jan 2, 2013
I live in Adairsville and cannot wait until the Publix opens. I shop at the Publix in Cartersville only because i coupon. I get my groceries almost free. Publix is the best place to coupon!!
yippee

Rome, GA

#13 Jan 2, 2013
Mom04 wrote:
I just hope if they are open 24 hours that means if you go into the store at 11:30 PM everything is ran the way it did at 6pm! If a person can only shop later, they still want to have a regular register open! Doing a self check out after working all day, bagging your own groceries ect... there is something wrong with that picture to me especially when most of us spend over $100 each trip.....I hope Publix will always have a register running at least until 12AM....cant wait!
I believe Publix stores do not have self check-outs
neighbor

Marietta, GA

#14 Jan 4, 2013
trafficjam wrote:
NOPE! I'm happy to tell you that this IS the ROCKMART forum. Says so at the top of the page. I, for one, have never even been to the Rome forum.
Pee Wee

Calhoun, GA

#15 Jan 4, 2013
neighbor wrote:
<quoted text>
NOPE! I'm happy to tell you that this IS the ROCKMART forum. Says so at the top of the page. I, for one, have never even been to the Rome forum.
How About That !!!!!!!!
abc123

Franklin, GA

#17 Jan 14, 2013
I cant wait
Ann

Rome, GA

#18 Jan 24, 2013
Lol. Michelle i know you were just trying to help but I guess you see that you are just wasting your breath trying to explain things to some people
PBX_Fan

Knoxville, TN

#19 Jul 30, 2013
yippee wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe Publix stores do not have self check-outs
The newer stores do have self-checkouts; I've seen three with 4 self-checkout stations per store. It's included more as a convenience for people who might want to use it; I've yet to see a Publix that hasn't had enough registers open, and they are always happy to serve customers directly. Also, Publix stores aren't open 24 hours a day, they tend to be open until around 10pm at night (at least with the stores I'm familiar with).
NoComment

Cedartown, GA

#20 Aug 9, 2013
Well it looks like a huge clusterfuck! What all are they putting in that small space? Clusterfuck space?

“Home In Georgia Now”

Since: Jul 07

The "City of Gold" in Georgia

#21 Aug 10, 2013
Items posted in the Rockmart forum can show up on the Cedartown Forum. Rome Forum posts can show up on Cedartown Forum. Dallas Forum posts can show up on Marietta Forum. Do you get the idea now like others have said that posts on one forum are not limited to that one forum??? I am on the Buchanan Forum posting this response.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Teresa Watson's Website - Lies or Ineptness????... (Apr '10) 6 hr Resident 48
Rome Ga Air Show Fri Resident 15
20 most dangerous cities in georgia Oct 23 NoBoloonme 7
the carrollton menu sucks Oct 22 brunettemomma 12
Mount Berry Mall Oct 21 Rome Citizen 1
std from nikki gore.. Oct 21 brunettemomma 7
Do we have a crooked SHERIFF? Oct 21 Iknowya 64

Rome News Video

Rome Dating
Find my Match