Justbefair

United States

#1 Sep 21, 2012
Coming soon is the much-heralded Chili Cookoff and all its festivities. The Rome Police just held a meeting to deal with that very subject. It seems that this year, they are going to "crack down" on those who are bringing their own alcohol rather than buying it from the approved vendor. The vendor beer prices are exorbitant. There is no history of problems at this event and everybody has a good time. So it seems that as long as you are only buying your beer from the vendor and paying their prices, you will not be cracked down upon. Get caught sneaking your own beer and you may have problems. I can tell you that the cops do not like this or I wouldn't have heard about it. Again, this is not based on a history of problems but is based on a downturn in profits for the approved vendor. Be careful with your beer or you may find yourself on the wrong side of the local cops. They may not like it but they have to keep their jobs.
Watching

Rome, GA

#2 Sep 22, 2012
Justbefair wrote:
Coming soon is the much-heralded Chili Cookoff and all its festivities. The Rome Police just held a meeting to deal with that very subject. It seems that this year, they are going to "crack down" on those who are bringing their own alcohol rather than buying it from the approved vendor. The vendor beer prices are exorbitant. There is no history of problems at this event and everybody has a good time. So it seems that as long as you are only buying your beer from the vendor and paying their prices, you will not be cracked down upon. Get caught sneaking your own beer and you may have problems. I can tell you that the cops do not like this or I wouldn't have heard about it. Again, this is not based on a history of problems but is based on a downturn in profits for the approved vendor. Be careful with your beer or you may find yourself on the wrong side of the local cops. They may not like it but they have to keep their jobs.
I hope this is not true but have the feeling that there may be something to it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rome Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
child abuse 1 hr MSO4 12
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 3 hr Synergy 55,405
Chop Shop (few years back) (Nov '11) 15 hr meme 10
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Mon The WB 2,055
james moore (booter) or daddy west Sep 15 old yeller 2
the music thread (Jan '12) Sep 14 Musikologist 63
Pepperell Dragons Football Sep 13 antstomper 17
•••

Rome News Video

•••
•••

Rome Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Rome People Search